What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

I'm really proud of my librarian dreadnought. I used the Black Reach dreadnought as the base, but Forgeworld claws. Instead of the weird glaive-in-a-hole thing, I just have him clutching an axe that I made out of a spare Khador axe and some styrene tubes and some wire. It's probably my favorite bash/scratchbuild model.

My next campaign is going to be against Orks, but if I ever find myself settling in to play some games against 'Nids, I'll be sure to follow this "weird trick."

Looks like the new campaign is called Shield of Baal: Leviathan. More info including the source on my blog (link in sig).

wow thanks for the info, really looking forward to the new release and keeping track of your blog from now on :) doubble win for me :)

Looks like the new campaign is called Shield of Baal: Leviathan. More info including the source on my blog (link in sig).

Cheeky

<_<  

"This just in from KaldorSwarmlord over on Warseer:

I don't know if any other german WD readers noticed:

on page 20 of the current WD, where they talk about the various ways to benefit from the Toxicrene, some note is written in the bottom left corner (I'll translate):

"Shield of Baal: Leviathan ist ausschließlic in englischer Sprache erhältlich, aber damit du sofort mit dem Spielen loslegen kannst, haben wir hier die Regeln auf Deutsch abgedruckt."

"Shield of Baal: Leviathan is exclusively available in English, but for the purpose of playing immediatly we printed the rules in German here for you."

I have no doubt now that this has to do with entry 999.M41 The Darkest Hour from page 17 of the current Blood Angels Codex when a tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan and a force of Chaos Daemons led by the Bloodthirster Ka'Bandha attack Ammonai, the outmost planet of the Baal system. More into on The Darkest Hour in my previous post.

If Chaos Daemons make it into this campaign it would make a for a surprise Codex release like Lords of War Gaming talked about. Interesting times ahead! I'll do an updated Rumor Roundup for the Blood Angels later this weekend.

Until then, Enim Sanguinus!!!

–The Harrower"

I have no doubt now that this has to do with entry 999.M41 The Darkest Hour from page 17 of the current Blood Angels Codex when a tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan and a force of Chaos Daemons led by the Bloodthirster Ka'Bandha attack Ammonai, the outmost planet of the Baal system. More into on The Darkest Hour in my previous post.

These darn Xeno and warp spawn are after our supplies of irradiated sand! furious.gif

To the thunder hawk brothers!

So, more Tyranid releases and then this on the cover of White Dwarf:

Hints for next week include
*Psychic Horror
*A New Campaign Begins!

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/117/103/tumblr_l8eexgsw341qa1id2o1_500.jpg

Here's a thought.

Sanctus Reach/Storm Claw had predominantly Orks vs. IG/Knights until the Wolves showed up. Orks and IG were pretty "like for like" for massed bodies on the battlefield with comparisons with their armour as well. The Stompa was matched by the Imperial Knight, so all in all it was a fairly "even" campaign not taking into account the actual fluff and just what the individual protagonists represent. What would that mean for our campaign/box?

Consensus is that it's Nids vs. our Blood Angels, which is fair enough, but would Stomrclaw be an indication of how these campaign releases aren't just tied to two sepcific factions? If so, what do you think would be the 3rd (or even 4th) combatant? Would this stretch into Necrons early next year maybe, or do people think there might still be the obligatory IG support because it would unlikely be another Marine chapter.

Just spit-balling really. smile.png

...oh, and if that bl00dy Doom does return in a new iteration, he better not be the same bent "crutch" that he was the last time out dry.png

if it is the doom I cant see it being the same as it was, it will be a shadow of its former crutch.... i mean glory . 

I can see the possibility of necrons getting involved some how but if they do I hope its not necron blood angel bromance i see touted on the internet and that they are there for there own reasons. 

I hope that the campaign book is centred around captain karlaen (seems the most plausible to me given the shield of baal refrence) and so is the obligatory supplement. my main wonder is if he is in terminator armour or artificer armour.  

I can see the possibility of necrons getting involved some how but if they do I hope its not necron blood angel bromance i see touted on the internet...

For :cuss's sake. It was this one time that they decided to pause in killing each other to kill someone else. Is there really such a failure of imagination in this hobby that we round "dramatic, do-or-die temporary alliance" to "bromance?" Ugh. You all are going to make me go back to Dropzone Commander.

that seems the most obvious to me and it would give us a special character that is different to the rest of our special characters. But assuming we get a new unit to go along with our codex and this campaign I would think it would link to the new character as a selling point so what would our new unit be? sanguinary guard terminators ? death company terminators? selling the space hulk terminators separately? 

Archived