What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

All I would like is a way to get

More than 1 unit of DC without having a jump pack

Maybe instead of or part of red thirst roll for each unit on a certain number a member of the squad goes to DC

If they remove deep strike from my land raider Im quitting the game :P   It would be interesting to see them do something with this unusual and often HILARIOUS rule to maybe make it useful outside of beerhammer. I think a simple points reduction to a lot of our units would help immensely, as well as altering Dante. I would love to use our chapter master in games but I have not had any luck with him outside of suicide melta units. I am pretty excited about this rumor since my friend (who plays Dark Eldar) is expecting his codex update this year as well.

I mean for every hq you purchase you can buy 1 unit of death company without taking up a force organisation slot

But then you's still need your compulsory 2 troops.

DC are good as is, they just need a cost reduction on the jump pack to... 7pts?

All I would like is a way to get

More than 1 unit of DC without having a jump pack

Maybe instead of or part of red thirst roll for each unit on a certain number a member of the squad goes to DC

Astorath does this already...
He has a jump pack and isn't a flesh tearer

Astorath goes between all the successor chapters so it's quite likely he'd appear with the Flesh Tearers at some point.

Not so sure anymore, after Seth beat him up in one of the Advent Calendar short stories... biggrin.png

I want to see Landraider gain the same deepstriking failsafe rules as drop pods.

Technically you can already do something similar if you declare a tank shock against a unit from reserves. Any unit you scatter onto would have to either move 1" away or perform a death or glory. For vehicles you would auto stop 1" away and work out a ram. 

Random movement doesn't disallow tankshocks/ramming, nor does coming in from reserves. It's a kind of oddball situation that can only happen with our landraiders or DE raiders that buy the shock prow upgrade.  

Astorath goes between all the successor chapters so it's quite likely he'd appear with the Flesh Tearers at some point.

Not so sure anymore, after Seth beat him up in one of the Advent Calendar short stories... biggrin.png

He didn't really beat him up, he realised that Astorath outclassed him so he destroyed his jump pack, dragged him off the platform and retreated, since he had made his message clear.

Anyway, you can always do a count-as-Astorath "Flesh Tearer High Chaplain" if you wanna use Astorath, sadly you don't have the option to remove the jump pack.

Okay guys, spoilers ahead:

Well, I wouldn't say Seth was outclassed, they were actually more or less even. Anyway, in the earlier story Astorath goes about to kill some Flesh Tearers Death Company, who have survived a battle. In the later story Seth travels to Baal to tell Astorath he won't be touching Battle-Brothers from his Chapter anymore. To make his point clear, they trade a few blows, and Seth vows "next time he won't be coming alone".

Both stories are very short, like 5 pages each, but they are written by Andy Smillie, whose work I really dig. He really gets the Chapter.

I don't want to derail the topic, but when saying he realised he was outclassed I was referring to this segment:

"‘For all your strength, Flesh Tearer, for all of your anger and all your will to fight, you cannot best me. I am the chosen reaper of the lost.’ Astorath snarled and stepped away.

Seth struggled to remain conscious. Astorath was right. He felt like he’d been hit by a thunder hammer. He pushed up to his knees. ‘I do not need to beat you.’ Blood and teeth spilled from Seth’s mouth as he spoke. ‘Only to stand against you.’ He got to his feet, wiping a hand across his lips. ‘Every minute you spend here is one in which you are not butchering our brothers.’"

Back on topic: I would like it if we could have a Death Company Captain, who takes away the 0-1 limit and represents an officer fallen to the rage, similar to Tycho. Would be fluffy and removes the need to take Astorath for every army with more than 1 unit of DC.

Guest pandion40

Yea can anyone tel me where I get the full story ?

Go here to buy all 22 of the advent stories plus three audio dramas in one package. It includes the 2 you want plus one about Dante and one about the sanguinor.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/advent-calendar-2013-ebundle_.html

This is to just buy the astorath story

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/advent-day-nine-astorath-the-grim-redeemer-of-the-lost-ebook.html

This for the Seth story.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/advent-day-sixteen-gabriel-seth-the-flesh-tearer.html

written by ADB, so unsurprising the dante thing was very good, my favourite thing is that he litterally wasn't anyone special, he just happened to be the last one standing, my only gripe was the lack of info on whatever crime he committed that lead to the story of the sanguinor blessing him on the chaos ship, that sounds like two pretty important events in Lord Commander Dante's history, and neither are covered (but lots of other stuff is!!)

Archived