A few ideas for decorating flying bases

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi. Thanks for the comments. Regarding the terrain,we usually house rules that if a particular piece of base terrain blocks los or provides a model with an advantage/disadvantage then we ignore it. In this case we would simply remove the model and base and see what the los situation was then before replacing it. Hope that answers the question. Cheers.

• 7 months later...

I really need to get a better camera...  I went much smaller and simpler when it came to the base on my Valkyrie (painted here as part of a custom army I'm working on)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Gp0FRzAEarRFN5aExjZzRldlk

White paint on the base, followed by simple Elmer's Glue and white sand.  Some pale blue/green river rocks added and then given a 'snow' finish.  In addition, REALLY hard to see in this picture, but there's a small caern of stones on the front portion that's got a Power Axe sticking up out of it, meant to mark where a warrior fell.

• 2 weeks later...

I really need to get a better camera...  I went much smaller and simpler when it came to the base on my Valkyrie (painted here as part of a custom army I'm working on)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Gp0FRzAEarRFN5aExjZzRldlk

White paint on the base, followed by simple Elmer's Glue and white sand.  Some pale blue/green river rocks added and then given a 'snow' finish.  In addition, REALLY hard to see in this picture, but there's a small caern of stones on the front portion that's got a Power Axe sticking up out of it, meant to mark where a warrior fell.

Unfortunately it's so hard to see the Valkyrie that I think you may have the wrong link...

Fortunately, it has bought this thread to my attention: you've got some great ideas guys, keep it up !

Archived