Of Men, Gods and Daemons (update 5/9/15)

El-Diablo

Cheers gents. With any luck i'll be a bit further along today, spent most of last night basecoating and washing the cloak and parchment. That wasn't exactly fun.

Looks like the time was well worth it though. The cloak looks amazing.

Cheers guys. Im not too crazy on the face myself Heinrich, I think the expression fits the rest of the sculpt, it's just not quite as well sculpted as the rest of the fig. Once I get a basecoat and wash on it i'll be able to give it some proper thought. Only problem im having now is a desire to paint a Night Lord after seeing so many pop up of late.

Lorgar is looking awesome! I wish I could get a red that dark and juicy.

As for the Nightlords, you can blame Heinrich and me for that... you should paint some.

Do it!

.... do it.

Lorgar is looking awesome! I wish I could get a red that dark and juicy.

As for the Nightlords, you can blame Heinrich and me for that... you should paint some.

Do it!

.... do it.

Thanks Flint.

The red is (as usual) deceptively easy - it's a basecoat of Mephiston Red washed with Devlan Mud. It gets highlighted with Mephiston, then a 50/50 mix of Mephiston and Evil Sunz Scarlet. Once thats on it gets a quick qlaze using red ink.

Wow great work all around.  All the nurgle stuff looks great and I'm impressed by how simple most of the recipes you use are.  Keep up the good work .

Cheers ;) Simple recipes are the only way i'd be able to get any painting done! I've got a lot of respect for the painters that will come up with mixes that are 3 parts one paint, 2 parts another and a part of something else, I have enough trouble getting the mix right when I use 2 colours.

Awesome! Thanks for breaking that down for me. I think I'll have to try it on my next becloaked marine. Do you find inks give a very different effect from normal washes? I'm afraid I don't have much experience with inks, just washes and glazes, so any help is appreciated ^_^

Awesome! Thanks for breaking that down for me. I think I'll have to try it on my next becloaked marine. Do you find inks give a very different effect from normal washes? I'm afraid I don't have much experience with inks, just washes and glazes, so any help is appreciated happy.png

Inks give a very different feel to washes, though don't be fooled by a product sold as a glaze - the GW ones in particular are just thinner washes. Glazes using inks (or any thinned paint for that matter) need to be thinned right down - think a barely tinted water - and applied very thin to work. Once you've got the paint on the brush, touch the brush to a piece of kitchen paper to blot out the excess moisture, thats the point it's ready to use. the layers should be thin enough to dry in seconds, thats the sort of amount your using.

I'm with SteelPaladin, Lorgar should be youthful, self-assured and rune-inscripted. But you've done an awesome job here! His face is very natural and realistic. 

In fact, he reminds me of a celebrity... just not quite sure who yet....

Not Patrick Stewart,

not Ben Kingsley,

not Pete Postlethwaite... hmm

Must admit the head has grown on me since painting it, though it's nowhere near the quality of Fulgrim.

As for who he looks like Flint, im almost thinking a cross between the 3 of them, with an extra 10 years tacked on for good measure.

Great job on the Lorgar model brother.  The brass is exquisite! 

And for my next trick, I shall turn this innocent looking pile of parts into a post Heresy Death Guard Contemptor.

Good luck with that endeavour!  BTW, those gun barrels are painfully warped- I had to do a double take.  Hope a hot water bath and some blow drying will clear that up. 

I am in awe of your finished Lorgar!! His armor, cloak, and base look a-frickin-mazing!! Very nice work.

I like Lorgars head a lot, here's why: He looks brooding, contemplative to me. And as a thinker not a fighter I feel like that shows in his face and expression unlike say, Fulgrim.

Anyways, nice stuff here, it's easy to see why you do commission work!!

End of Line

Archived