Space Hulk Death Wing Project

Grimm Blade

He looks boss. Do you have any plans for the area where the chainfist blade used to be? I feel like it should have some tools, input/output jacks, or a bundle of cables coming out of it. Like a narthecium for machines.

Thank you all for the feedback and comments.

I am definitely planning on adding more details to the servo arm and model in general.

I was planning on adding lenses to the area where the chain blade used to be to represent an advanced scanning system.

I am still working on the servo arm. So in the meantime, here is the latest edition to the team. Brother Erebos. 

This pose makes me think of Brother Erebos bellowing challenges and defiance at the approaching 'Stealers!!!

Brother Erebos' hatred for Gene Stealers is second only to that he holds for the fallen.  Brother Erebos was inducted into the Deathwing due to the great honours he earned as an assault marine. He has proven his worth to his Brethren and Chapter time and time again to the point of being marked as a potential Terminator Sergeant. 

Command does not appear to be in the Emperor's plan for Erebos however. The fire that burns in Erebos' blood inhibits his communication skills, and has prevented him from attaining the rank of Sergeant because he is prone to setting off on his own initiatives without passing on his intentions to his squad mates. Erebos' initiatives are anything but foolhardy, and have saved the lives of his Brethren on numerous occasions, but this is not the way of command.

Please welcome Brother Sergeant Baradiel.  I like the idea of a fully helmeted Space Hulk team. 

Brother Sergeant Baradiel's skill in the Assault squads of the Dark Angels brought great honour to him and his chapter. Such is Baradiel's prowess in close combat that Supreme Grand Master Azrael personally presented him with a relic Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield upon his induction into the Deathwing. Baradiel continued to excel in close combat actions throughout his exemplary service within the assault squads of the Deathwing. Inevitably, and not surprisingly to his brethren, Baradiel's skill and prowess saw him promoted to the rank of Sergeant. When presented with a Power Sword and Storm Bolter during his promotion ritual Baradiel respectfully refused them stating that he would not put aside the hammer and shield presented to him by the Supreme Grand Master, and that he will continue to honour his Chapter and Emperor from the front lines of battle.

Here is the latest version on the servo arm. I decided to have it folded for a couple of reasons... 1. He can move around the board without taking up too much space. 2. You don't see folded servo arms too often msn-wink.gif
Still a WIP, but I think this helps you to see where the project is going.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/GKTerminators/Dark%20Angels/5205C77C-97DE-4D28-9CEB-F2891122AD21_zpskxggdfdm.jpg

I just added in a write up for Brother Nuriel on page one if anyone is interested.

• 4 months later...
I was hopin you guys could help me out. Do Dwathwing sergeants have red helmets with white stripes like other SM chapters? If not, how are they distinguished from other DWTs?

I was hopin you guys could help me out. Do Dwathwing sergeants have red helmets with white stripes like other SM chapters? If not, how are they distinguished from other DWTs?

None of the current imagery shows DW Sgts depicted with different colored helms, striping or other helm accoutrements as indicators.

As far as distinguishing features, there don't seem to be any specifically defined, but the newest models (and images of the models) show the sergeants with the large wing features at the top of the torso behind the head/helm. Even the DW Company Champion is depicted with a plain bone colored helm (and Belial is depicted without a helm at all). Another distinguishing feature of the DW Sergeants is that they are the only model in the squad able (and required) to be armed with a power sword.

A side point of interest, amongst the rest of the Dark Angels units, only Company Masters and the Supreme Grand Master are depicted with the large wings featured on their helms (make of that what you will).

Thank you for the replies. My sergeants both have the large wings/feathers on their backs, so I will stick with that as their distinguishing features. I may also add different colouring to the feathers.

I am now about 70% done the tech marine. I had initially painted him all red but I was not happy with how he looked, so now he has bone armour with red accents.... Much better IMHO.

Thanks again for you comments and feedback.

Archived