Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Lachdannan

Lachdannan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,046 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

Great pieces of terrain. I'll be interested in how the Wall of Martyrs comes along, I've being eying that kit.

• Brother Casman likes this

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,257 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
So, just a quick update: I'm still alive and painting my Wall of Martyrs. I've got one more round of dry brushing then the concrete and metals are done and I'll just have the corpses and ammo boxes and whatnot to do. I think I've got their colours picked out, but I'm still in the process of doing some test models. Anyway, here are a couple of pics of everything right now:
gallery_38471_13550_11754.jpg
gallery_38471_13550_39904.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Edited by Brother Casman, 31 July 2017 - 01:57 PM.

The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Everything is complete!

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,186 posts
  • Faction: Death Spectres & More

Coming along nicely thumbsup.gif 

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,257 posts
Right, so I know everyone has been waiting anxiously to see the Wall of Martyrs set finished. I have some great news - it's done! biggrin.png

Close-ups:
gallery_38471_13550_47272.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_7002.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_104032.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_72003.jpg

Action shots:
gallery_38471_13550_55507.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_53097.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_34765.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_93632.jpg

This was definitely one of the largest single projects I've completed, and I am very glad to have it done. Next up is the Vengeance Gun Battery set.

Edited by Brother Casman, 31 July 2017 - 02:05 PM.

• Biohazard and Kierdale like this
The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Everything is complete!

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,257 posts
I'm gonna be gaming a bit today, so I figured I'd take a few more pics of my terrain. Here is everything so far, set up on table:

gallery_38471_13550_4836.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_50834.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_108091.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_86644.jpg

Edited by Brother Casman, 31 July 2017 - 02:07 PM.

• Biohazard, Raztalin, Kierdale and 1 other like this

marvmoogy

marvmoogy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,109 posts

Looks fantastic!  Tell you what, I'll give you a fiver for the lot :P

The Yak

The Yak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,377 posts
  • Faction: Raptors

Loooking good Brother. Great set of terrain, Can't wait to see more smile.png

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,257 posts
Hey everybody, I've got another quick update for y'all:

gallery_38471_13550_41590.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_82673.jpg

These Vengeance Weapon Batteries came together really quickly once I found time to actually paint. At some point, I want to get two more, but the Firestorm Redoubt is next.

Edited by Brother Casman, 31 July 2017 - 02:09 PM.

• Biohazard likes this

feuer_faust

feuer_faust

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,378 posts
  • Faction: CSM, SM

As a man who just blitz-painted a comparable amount of GW terrain last month in about two days, I've really got to hand it to ya. The Angel of Death tower looks fantastic, and the whole set remains cohesive. I especially admire the painting of the trim and whatnot, as I personally skipped over everything but skulls, barrels, and lenses. :P

Keep it up!

It's a secret to everybody.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,257 posts
Thanks! Keeping everything cohesive was a big part of my plan. I'm also glad I've been taking it in stages, I couldn't imagine trying to do it all at once! ;)

Edited by Brother Casman, 27 May 2014 - 11:56 PM.

• feuer_faust likes this

feuer_faust

feuer_faust

+ADEPTUS DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,378 posts
  • Faction: CSM, SM

Yeah, doing two landing platforms, an aegis emplacement (the two quad lascanon thing), the big Aquila canon complex, and various barricades and bits over two days was genuinely crappy. We've got even more to paint now, but I plan on doing maybe a piece every week or so now. Much wiser to ration out the pain. ;)

It's a secret to everybody.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,257 posts
Well, I've finished the Firestorm Redoubt:

gallery_38471_13550_78210.jpg

Next up, Honoured Imperium set.

Edited by Brother Casman, 31 July 2017 - 02:09 PM.

• Prot, Biohazard and Kierdale like this

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,186 posts

thumbsup.gif Looks Good !!

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,599 posts

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the muted colours. What is that metal colour?

My Dark Angels would gladly hunker down in your trenches any day.. ;)

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,257 posts

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the muted colours. What is that metal colour?

My Dark Angels would gladly hunker down in your trenches any day.. ;)

Warplock Bronze, drybrushed with Balthasar Gold, then drybrushed with Golden Griffon. One of my friends says that the metal colour looks ancient, which fits the Imperium, I think.

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,101 posts
  • Faction: Worldeaters
Love the attention to detail displayed here. Great work all round

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,257 posts
So, been a while since I posted anything here, and my next bit was pretty small, so people may be wondering what happened. I ended up taking a 2 week vacation, which was good for me, but less so for painting stuff. Good news is, I got the Honoured Imperium set done today!

gallery_38471_13550_59203.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_34868.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_17217.jpg

The lighting isn't all that great, but I think you can see how it'll fit with the rest of my terrain.

Edited by Brother Casman, 31 July 2017 - 02:11 PM.

• Biohazard likes this

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,257 posts
The next piece on the list:

gallery_38471_13550_87926.jpg

Edited by Brother Casman, 31 July 2017 - 02:12 PM.

• Prot likes this

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,257 posts
An update on the Aquila Strongpoint:
gallery_38471_13550_19336.jpg

It's not quite done, but I'm down to just drybrushing - all the base coats are done. Aiming to get it done by the end of the month... Which is approaching fast!

Edited by Brother Casman, 31 July 2017 - 02:12 PM.

• marvmoogy likes this

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,186 posts

Some more good stuffthumbsup.gif .Could you put a Marine on it for scale next time.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,257 posts
That's a good idea, I'll try to remember that for next time.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,257 posts
Good news, everyone! I've finished the Aquila Strongpoint! biggrin.png

Some pics, with a Marine for scale:
gallery_38471_13550_3514.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_45647.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_101091.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_9396.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_2867.jpg

Edited by Brother Casman, 31 July 2017 - 02:15 PM.

• deathspectersgt7 likes this

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,186 posts

Looks Great . now to justify getting one.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,257 posts
Thanks, DSS7!

I've started work on the Landing Pad, and this is surprisingly easy to assemble:
gallery_38471_13550_64400.jpg

gallery_38471_13550_16802.jpg

Paint will come over the next couple weeks.

Edited by Brother Casman, 31 July 2017 - 02:16 PM.

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,186 posts

A Thunderhawk would look good there.msn-wink.gif 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Terrain, Fortress of Redemption, Aegis Defence Line, Wall of Martyrs, Skyshield Landing Pad, Honoured Imperium, Imperial Bastion, Firestorm Redoubt, Aquila Strongpoint, Vengeance Weapon Battery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users