The Austik Vien Relic Campaign

Beachymike123

Greetings fellow fraters of the IG sub-forum. My brother (Chris) and I have started up a campaign as we haven't done one for a while. Originally, it was going to be just my Iron Warriors vs his Necrons, but as some of my Chaos Space Marines aren't painted (I stripped loads of my loyalist marines and some are now becoming Crimson Fists, some have been turned to Chaos, but none are ready to be  photographed unless its in a WIP thread) I decided it would be more suitable to have my Traitor Guard face the Deathless Ones. After coming up with some fluff for the world and to set the campaign in, we were ready to begin. So without further ado, I present the world of Austik Vien and the reason for the ensuing war:

World Information

Name: Austik Vien

Classification: Hive World

Economy: Majority of population work in mines that are strewn across the planet. Following this area of employment, local private security forces make up as close second. This isn't due so much to inter-mine conflict, more because of the number of outlaws who would try and use the mines and the virtual anonymity they provide to escape justice. It should be noted that although the vast majority of the population are classed as Underhivers, most are very much literate and mathematically minded, capable of operating industrial equipment with little training. This is due to the fact that there are 6 Hives (Ref: Continents), each responsible for 1/6 of the planet's tithe to the Imperium of Man, and cannot afford to have slackers among their ranks, a trait put into the population since time immemorial. 

Climate: Cold and humid. Toxic atmosphere produced by plants near mines, meaning those outside must where sealed suits. 

Satellites: Hyrov, large moon. Hyrov Forge - run by the Adeptus Mechanicus as a waypoint station, large repair facilities for various war machines or interstellar craft. 

Exports: Vast amounts of ores and minerals on a daily basis, which is shipped to various forces for use in war materials; contribution to Imperial Guard tithes. 

Imports: Water and food supplies; agri-domes; textiles; ongoing contract with Adeptus Mechanicus to supply ores in exchange for minig equipment parts and sealed suits. 

Continents: Sarbem, home to Garos (Capital) and Soren Hives; Putoyn, home to Talek and Coarth Hives; Chadev, home to Bodice and Lyrex Hives. 

Defence: PDF and SDF forces under direct control of Planetary Govenor Sitex. These work in conjunction with local security forces but their primary concerns are the protection of the Hives themselves and their important installations. 

Interplanetary Contact: As a mining world with a high output and an incredible relationship with the Adeptus Mechanicus, Austik Vien has an incredible standing among its nearest neighbours. 

Planetary History: Colonised by the Imperium in 106.M33 after discovery by a Rogue Trader. The Adeptus Mechanicus constructed the Hive foundations and set about allowing humans to live on the planet, despite the toxic atmosphere. Several years later, ruins of the long dead Necrontyr were discovered on Chadev, and these were quickly seized and analysed by the Tech-archaeologists. Several pieces were unable to be removed however, although these seemed inert and useless. As a reward for supplying men to aid them, the Adeptus Mechanicus Magos in charge gave over an elaborate, eagle shaped Sceptre to the Planetary Govenor at the time. This then became their badge of office, as a symbol that The Emperor would always bestow blessings upon His people. Because of the toxic atmosphere, there have been exceptionally few inter-Hive wars due to the amount of resources it would need to persecute it. That said, there is no shortage of Outlaws who would happily trade in their grandmother for the silver in her hair. 

Campaign History

In 916.M41, several mining teams around the ancient Necrontyr site vanished without a trace. Several PDF teams were dispatched to investigate, but these too vanished. Before a full scale investigation could be launched, however, something occurred in Talek Hive. Chaos cultists had seized power and caused an uprising, the likes of which ha never been seen before. A few managed to work their way up the through the levels of the Hive until they reached the Docking Area, where atmospheric craft would arrive and drop off and pick up cargoes. The next step was unexpected, as several craft landed in the hangar and disgorged traitors and heretics. The first wave took out the defenders at a high cost, but the second wave contained the real threat. The traitor General Kryten the Iron Dragon led the assault that then led down through the levels of the Hive. Several hidden agents revealed their true colours, and it became obvious that this assault had been planned for some time.

As the majority of Talek descended into anarchy, Kyrten got the vast bulk of his force ready. The Arbites forces who had been present had been overwhelmed shortly after the Iron Dragon's arrival, having sent a huge amount of recently converted cultists into the teeth of the Enforcers' guns and using his arcane arsenal shortly to finish what was left of them. As the events of Talek Hive became known to the planet's hierarchy, cultist activity in Corath Hive began. Request for aid was sent, but the transmission was intercepted and false messages were sent back to receiver and transmitter - reports saying the rebels were put down, others that relief would be sent as soon as was deemed necessary, but these were all false messages from Warp-tainted psykers to fool those sending and receiving. Using captured mining vessels and using the similar tactics to take down Talek, Corath soon fell to the forces of the Great Enemy. The Nihilists of the Iron Dragon now had an entire continent under their control, 1/3 of the entire planet's resources. But all of this was but a mere precursor to the horror the world was about to experience. 

From the ruins of the Necrontyr, those artifacts deemed inert and useless, flickered to life. From the ancient Dolmen Gates strode an untold number of deathless Necrons - Warriors and Immortals strode side by side as Annihilation Barges flanked them, backed by Doomsday Arks and Monoliths. As the entire host assembled, their Overlord appeared, deathless in his appearance and unflinching with emerald energies burning in his eyes. At an unheard command, the assembled host split into two and marched into Bodice and Lyrex Hives, unhindered by resistance to start with as an untold amount of Mind Shackle Scarabs had possessed the human defenders and opened up the gates for the metallic warriors. The toxic atmosphere killed any who weren't prepared, and those who were soon fell to Gauss fire as they crossed the Necron's path. It took less than a week for the Necrons to scour all life from the Hives of Chadev. Though some had paid the price, the Necron's Canoptek Spyders and Scarabs moved in to pick up the pieces. 

On Sarbem, Sorem Hive was evacuated to Garos Hive, and not too soon. The Nihilists began their assault on the Capital Hive as the first wave of Necrons entered Sorem. In a twist of fate, the Necrons came off worse as secret explosives tore Sorem apart. The Planetary Govenor consulted her psychic advisors, and discovered a horrible truth - both sides were after the Sceptre. Unbeknownst to them, the Sceptre was known to be able to magnify powers - if used by forces of Chaos, they could enhance the powers of the Warp when they called them; if it fell to the Necrons, they would be able to intensify the powers wielded by their C'tan Shards or Crypteks. Both sides would show no mercy as the race for the Sceptre at the top of the Hive began, and all that stood in their way would face their wrath...

So that's what we have planned as the background for our campaign. We then played the first game, The Underbelly, showing both sides as they clashed in the area beneath the Underhive. I'll use this thread for pics and battle reports, so I can share with you the victory of Chaos over the Necrons (hopefully). 

Battle Report for The Underbelly coming up shortly.

Battle 1 - The Underbelly

Points size: 1540

No. of Objectives: 4

Warlord traits: Necron - Immovable Object; Traitor Guard - Strategic Genius

Deployment type and mission: Dawn of War, The Scouring

Miscellaneous: Players placed objectives as opposed to how shown in the actual rules for The Scouring

Army Lists: Traitor Guard - Kryten and Company Command Squad (CCS, Kryten counts as Iron Hand Straken); Platoon of the Eternal Gods (PCS - X2MG, VC, Platoon Standard, platoon commander has PF and PP; Khornate Infantry Squad (referred to as K-Inf, armed with HB, GL, sergeant has PP and PA); Nurgle Infantry Squad (referred to as N-Inf, AC, MG, sergeant has BP and PS); HWT with X2 AC and 1XML; SWS with X3 Flamers); Darmen's Reavers (Veteran squad with Forward Sentries Doctrine, with X2PG X1GL and X1ML, sergeant has PS and PP); Nicholai's Dragoons (Veteran squad with Grenadiers Doctrine, with X3GL and X1ML, sergeant has PP and PS, squad has Chimera with Multi-laser, HB, pintle mounted heavy stubber); Rough Rider Squad Nuren (X1PG, sergeant has PP); Bashra's Blessed Brethren (Storm Trooper Squad with X2GL, sergeant has PP and PS); Spoils of Victory (LRBT with HB sponsons and hull mounted LC); Magos Terian (Techpriest Enginseer).

Necrons - Overlord (Ressurection Orb, Warscythe, Phylactery, Sempiternal Weave, MSS); X3 squads of 10 Warriors; 5 Deathmarks; X3 Tomb Blades all with particle beamers; Annihilation Barge; C'tan Shard (cannot remember the powers he brought for it though); X9 Scarab Bases (cry.gif ); Canoptek Spyder with TL Particle Beamer; X2 Destroyers.

We deployed, then rolled for 1st turn, which went to me, and he failed to Seize the Initiative. At the start, it looked something like this:

Overview turn 1 Battle 1 - The Underbelly

please note all of the pictures were taken by my brother as he has a better camera phone than me, so are all from the Necron side of the board.
I also won't post up pics of his deployment due to the rules on xenos being posted (except when they're engaged in melee or being fired at).
so from the left to right hand side of the board I had:

CCS, Nurgle Infantry squad and Darmen's Reavers

Darmen's Reavers, the N-Inf and CCS (on top of the structure)

Armoured Centre

Spoils of Victory and Nicholai's Dragoons mounted in their Chimera anchoring the centre,and

Mass deployment to the side

The Rough Riders, SWS, HWT, PCS and K-Inf holding the flank. Bashra's Blessed Brethren were kept in reserve.
My brother deployed all of his units except for the Spyder, Tomb Blades and Destroyers.
The objectives were placed in the centre of the board, equally spaced (we are fighting on a 4'X4' board, I need to adjust this in the future), some in buildings, some in the open.
Turn 1 Traitor Guard (TG): With an objective just in front of them, I decided to make the SWS Run, which they did so at an extra 5", making 11" in total! They fell just short of the objective but it was all good. They were backed by the Rough Riders, PCS and K-Inf who were close behind in case they were needed. The tanks stayed where they were, as they had a pretty good view from where they were at the time. Darmen's Reavers went through the rubble of the structure (not visible in the photo is a couple of ruined posts, wire and a sunken structure, this is area difficult terrain with an outpost on the top) and got a decent result for Difficult Terrain roll. The N-Inf strolled along the edge of the building, making sure they were out of sight for the time being. Movement all done, I began the shooting phase with the Spoils of Victory firing its Cannon at the visible Necron Overlord. It scattered, but landed on the edge of a nearby Necron Warrior squad, taking 3 out in a plot twist (Pinning test passed). Firing its Lascannon, he actually hit and wounded his target, but the metal one passed his 3++. The Chimera then opened up but hardly any weapons hit bar a couple of shots with the Multi-laser, although these wounded they were saved. Just about everything else was out of range except the HWT, who fired on the Warriors who had suffered from the stray shell. Although all scored hits with the ACs (ML missed by a Catachan Mile), only 2 wounded, but they punched through the metal hides, but they passed their leadership test. At that, it was the end of my first turn.
Necrons: All 5 Warriors failed their Reanimation Protocols (RP). Undeterred, all Necron units moved. The dwindled unit of Warriors, the most centred of the board of the 3 Warrior units, fired at the SWS, killing 3 outright, 1 of whom was a flamer. On the left flank (my left flank), the Warriors fired at the PCS but only succeeded in killing a meltagunner. Much to my dismay, the Deathmarks also fired at the SWS (and scored a detestable amount of 6s to hit), killing 2 more, and the last unit in range was the last unit of Warriors, who stripped the last of my SWS at an atomic level. However, nothing else was in range, and this was the end of the Necron's 1st turn.
Turn 2 TG: The Rough Riders and N-Inf were the only units i wanted to move this turn, and even this was only to get closer to the objectives, although some of the N-Inf were now visible from round the corner but were an inch away from an objective now. The Warrior unit closest to the N-Inf had the 9 Scarabs bases in front of them, and the Spoils of Victory decided to take advantage of its high strength (and their Swarms rule) and cleared 3 bases from the board in one shell, followed by its other weapons but only scored a wound with the HB sponsons. From their vantage point, the CCS issued Bring It Down to the HWT, who in turn scored 1 wound on the C'tan Shard who had now become visible. The K-Inf fired their HB but failed to wound. The Rough Riders fired their PG and took a Warrior down, while the Chimera fired its weapons at the same squad and took another. Darmen's Reavers fired their ML at the Deathmarks, smashing one to pieces. Nothing was in assault range, so here ended my 2nd turn.

Rough Riders advance

The Rough Riders move out to the objective where their SWS kin were slain moments before.

Necrons: Only 1 Warrior failed their RP this turn, meaning the Deathmarks were back up to full strength but the centre most Warriors were now below half. Everything moved again except for the Deathmarks, and I suddenly realised I'd missed the Annihilation Barge coming through the ruins. This opened fire on my Rough Riders, killing 3 straight away with the Tesla Destructor (initially my brother missed with 3 of the 4 shots, but i reminded him its twin linked, damn my sportsmanship sometimes lol). The Left flank and centre Warriors fired at the K-Inf but between them only killed 2. On the other side of the board, the Warriors there fired at the visible N-Inf and killed the visible 3, who passed their leadership test. The Deathmarks fired at Darmen's Reavers but failed to wound.

Turn 3 TG: I decided to bring in Beshra's Blessed Brethren from reserve, and they landed bang on target from Deep Strike, while the N-Inf moved in to take the nearby objective. The Rough Riders also claimed the nearest objective to them, then i saw exactly how close the centre Warriors were, so in the shooting phase I decided not to fire the PG, while the PCS moved to assume a supporting role if the Rough Riders needed it. In the shooting phase, I had some great success. The Spoils of Victory fired its BC at the left flank Warriors, downing 8! The CCS issued Bring It Down to the HWT, who in turn managed to remove a Hull Point from the Annihilation Barge thanks to a glancing hit. The K-Inf fired at the shelled Warriors, who took another down thanks to the HB. The Chimera fired again at the centre Warriors and scored another kill. The Blessed Brethren even destroyed another 3 Scarab Bases, thanks to their Hellguns rapid firing, frag grenades and the sergeant's Plasma Pistol. I was glad they made the impact they did, as the Scarabs are always a concern of mine. On to the assault phase, and I wanted the Rough Riders to do their thing. I declared a charge against the centre Warriors. I rolled my 2 charge dice......and got a 3!!!! The Gods of Chaos are fickle, and they had certainly abandoned my Rough Riders. But that was not the worst of it - my brother successfully scored 2 hits from Overwatch, and then scored a wound, killing one of the horsemen in his saddle. The sergeant then failed his leadership test and was sucked into the Warp (I removed him as I knew there was no going back for him). And thus was the end of my turn 3.

Tolls

Heavy firepower whittles Necron squads to metal slivers!

FAILED CHARGE

The shamed ones! The gap after the failed charge between the Rough Riders and their intended targets, which ended disastrously. Maybe something about that objective?

Necrons: 7 Warriors failed their RP, which initially made me think the flank was all but secure apart from the C'tan Shard floating about. However, on came the Destroyers and Tomb Blades, their quick movement meaning they were catching up with their kin. The Shard moved behind a nearby tower, putting it out of visual range of my larger weapons, while the unharmed right flank Warriors took the objective near the N-Inf but had to Run to get it. Then started the shooting phase. The remaining centre Warriors fired at the PCS, killing the Standard Bearer and meltagunner. The Destroyers fired and killed 4 K-Inf, but they held their nerve. The Annihilation Barge then fired and wiped out the PCS in an electrifying display. The Scarabs then charged my Storm Troopers, who didn't get any OW shots in, but did inflict a couple of wounds while suffering none in return.

Turn 4 TG: I knew at this point I had to make my shooting count, so there was no movement. The CCS once again issued Bring It Down to the HWT, but this time they missed with everything, much to my dismay. However, vindication came in the form of the K-Inf wiping out the left flank Warriors, while the Spoils of Victory destroyed the last of the centre Warriors. My CCS, whom had a great vantage point, fired their GL and popped 2 Warriors, while the N-Inf shoot and kill another 4 (at this point I thought why didn't I issue 1st Rank Fire 2nd Rank Fire, but c'est la vie). In combat, Bashra himself (Storm Trooper sergeant) killed a base, while the rest of his squad inflicted 2 wounds across the board but suffered none in return.

Necrons: 4 of the 6 Warriors failed their RP. The Spyder came on this turn, and proceeded to follow in the wake of the Barge while the Tomb Blades moved up the board. The Shard also came from round the corner and looked in perfect assault range (unless its a Rough Rider dry.png ). The Annihilation Barge opened up at the Chimera, scored a penetrating hit followed by a 6! In the ensuing explosion though I only lost 1 casualty. The Warriors on the objective fired at N-Inf, and wiped them out, meaning my brother had one objective and I had none. The Shard then charged K-Inf, who passed their Fear test, and only suffered 1 casualty, although were unable to inflict a wound in return but still held their nerve. The Scarabs continued to chirp at the Blessed Brethren, but suffered a wound for it.

C'tan Charges!

K-Inf face off against an entity older than their god, but as true warriors of Khorne they don't back down.

BOOM!

BOOM! The Dragoons are forced from their Chimera after suffering shots from the Annihilation Barge.

Turn 5 TG: Again, the CCS issue Bring It Down and again the HWT do nothing with it against the Barge. Darmen's Reavers decided to stay where they were and fired at the Warriors, taking 4 down in the process. The Spoils of Victory fired at the Warriors but it scattered too far to be of any effect. Everything else either missed or was out of range (Dragoon's ML against the Barge, CCS firing at Deathmarks etc). In combat, the Shard swung and took out another Blood God follower, but the sergeant swung his power axe and caused a wound! Against the Scarabs, the Blessed Brethren caused another wound against the Scarabs, leaving just one base left now.

Necrons: 3 Warriors fail their RP. The Destroyers move up to alongside the Shard while the Tomb Blades move up to support the Warriors. The Overlord separates from the Deathmarks who move near the Scarabs. In the shooting phase, the Overlord fires Tachyon Arrow at the Spoils of Victory but it does nothing. The Barge fires at and kills 2 Dragoons, but they pass their leadership. The Tomb Blades fire their particle beamers and kill 2 Reavers, while the Destroyers inflict 2 wounds on the HWT. In the assault phase, the Deathmarks charge the Blessed Brethren, who are forced to split their attacks. However, they wipe out the Scarabs, but suffer a casualty from the Deathmarks in return. The C'tan tires of the K-Inf, and wipes them out, then rolls a 5 on his Sweeping Advance, towards the Dragoons.

We had decided that after turn 5 we'd roll for game length, 3+ we'd go on. I rolled a 1, and so the game ended, with victory going to the Necrons this time.

Kryten saw his forces clash with the Necrons and knew that this time, victory had slipped from his grasp. He ordered a complete withdrawal from the area, but was glad that his operatives had secured escape tunnels not too far from their position. He looked down with a smile, knowing that although the Necrons now controlled the lower entrances, his forces were already on their way to secure their target. Once his forces were through the tunnels, he would detonate them, buying the Traitor Guard some time. Through the smoke, he saw the imposing figure of the Overlord, and saw how its body glowed. He would have the thing's head, and reforge the body into a new weapon once he had achieved his goal.

"Next time, tin-man," he said to himself. "I need a new arm!"

Points to remember - concentrate more fire, back each unit up more and don't go for the objectives too early. Dammit Mikey (leinmann), you were so close the Dark Gods were tickling your neck!

So that's it for now, thanks for reading guys. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we had fun kicking it off. Please excuse the scenery, some (most) of it needs some TLC, as it was made a while ago but never quite finished.

The next battle is planned for in the next week or so, and will take place in the Water Filtration Plant of the Hive. As soon as it's fought, I'll post it up. Thanks guys.

OK, so my brother and I fought the 2nd battle on Tuesday evening, and when I had nearly finished typing up the bat-rep (from the scrawled notes on my notepad) into a readable format, my cat decided to walk across the page and refresh the entire thing and I ended up with a blank box again. censored.gif wallbash.gif verymad.gif furious.gif is the only way that I can convey to you how I felt at this point, as it was also late and I had work the next day. But, I shall persevere and I have written it up again now that I have a bit of free time. I should also say at this point that I apologise for the quality of the pics - Chris's phone was dying and mine doesn't have a flash, so I had to make the best with what I had. Lastly, in the mission outline, I've also included the Background section, which will detail why the forces are fighting there, the significance of the battle as well as Campaign Points and/or bonuses from victory. So, without further ado, who's up for the end result?

Battle 2 - Edge of Existence

Points Size: 1540

No. of Objectives: 3

Warlord Traits: Traitor Guard - Target Priority; Necrons - Divide to Conquer

Deployment and Mission Type: Dawn of War; Crusade

Miscellaneous: N/A

Army Lists: Both army lists are the same as before except mine was tweaked slightly. Nicholai's Dragoons were replaced by Kharan's Mercenaries (Veteran Squad, X2 Meltaguns, X1 Flamer, AC, Demolitions Doctrine, Sergeant Kharan has a plasma pistol and power fist). The Chimera was re-assigned to K-Inf.

Background: Between the Underhive and Hive Metropolis (the largest area where the Hive dwellers live and work), a network of tunnels largely lead to a town called Existence, which controls the networks to and from the Underhive to the various areas of the Metropolis. Having been forced from the Underhive sooner than expected, Kryten's Nihilists quickly dug in on the outskirts, knowing that the Necrons would soon be free from the collapsed tunnels that now separated the two forces. Victory will give 3 pts to the victor.

Deployment from my side looked like this:

Armoured flank - Battle 2

The Chimera,K-Inf and the Spoils of Victory (Spoils for abbrev.) on the left flank

Central Dominance

Darmen's Reavers hold the central ruins over 2 floors, while the CCS are on the bottom (not visible is the Engineseer to the left of the CCS). In the centre of the buildings is Kharan's Mercs, while to the right at the bottom of the tower N-Inf are ready to move out.

Rapid Development

On the right, the Rough Riders are ready to move out, in front of them is the SWS, and to their right is the HWT in the building and the PCS in front of them.

I kept my Blessed Brethren (Storm Troopers counts-as) in reserve, while the Necrons had the Shard, Spyder, Barge and Destroyers in reserve. We rolled for 1st turn, which went to the Necrons, and I was unable to Seize the Initiative.

Turn 1:

Necrons: Every unit on the board moved, with the Tomb Blades making substantial ground on the right flank. However, despite this, everything was either out of range or had no line of sight.

Traitor Guard: The only units that didn't move were the CCS, HWT, Darmen's Reavers, Spoils and Engineseer. K-Inf went towards cover, with the Chimera protecting its flank. The SWS moved down the centre, supported by Kharan's Mercs behind them. N-Inf went to the right to help the Rough Riders who trotted off between the centre and right flank objectives, just in case they were needed at either, while the PCS tried to move to get a decent line of sight. In the shooting phase my big guns had both range and line of sight, and began on the left with the Chimera firing and downing a left flank Warrior. Spoils fired on the same Warriors with the BC and scored a direct hit, which resulted in the entire squad being wiped out. Nothing in the centre was in range so the SWS ran a couple of extra inches. However, the HWT had a great view of the Tomb Blades, whom they wiped out in a hail of shells and missiles. With that, my turn was over.

Move out the left

The Chimera protects K-Inf as they advance towards cover.

Central control

The centre advances, and each squad begins to pick their roles.

Turn 2

Necrons: The Barge and Spyder arrive from reserve and move their full distance. The rest of the mechanical army moves forward as far as possible. In the shooting phase, the right flank Warriors shoot and kill 2 Rough Riders.

Traitor Guard: Aside from the Rough Riders moving towards the right flank Warriors, everything stood still for better firing or to stay out of view. The Chimera shot at the Dethmarks (DMs) who had been behind the left flank Warriors, felling 1 with its multi-laser. The Rough Riders were within range to shoot the serg's plasma pistol, causing another casualty in the process. The centre Warrior squad was targeted by the HWT, losing 3 to the firepower. The Rough Riders declared a charge against the right flank Warriors and made it, although lost 1 to OW. In the ensuing melee, a Warrior was cleaved in twain, but the metal ones tore horse and riders apart in a crimson shower, destroying the Rough Riders.

CHARGE!

The Rough Riders before their demise.

Turn 3

Necrons: All downed Warriors passed their RPs. The centre Warriors, Spyder and Scarabs ran across the centre of the board, with the Scarabs going through cover and the 2 Warrior squads claiming the objectives closest to them. The Barge skirted to the left to assume mid-field dominance (in terms of firepower).

Traitor Guard: K-Inf moved into cover and gained a fantastic view of the field, while N-Infmoved towards the right flank bjective, keeping to cover as they did so. Other than that, no units moved. The CCS issued Bring It Down to the HWT, who then inflicted a glancing hit on the Barge. The SWS opened up on the Scarabs with their flamers, causing 5 bases out of 9 to go to 2 wounds (vulnerable to blast and templates, Tzenntch blessed the SWS accordinglysmile.png). The K-Inf fired at the Scarabs too, reducing the rest of the bases to 2 wounds each, except for one who had 1 wound left. Both Darmen's Reavers and Kharan's Mercs wiped out the majority of the Scarabs then, leaving only 1 base with 1 wound. Spoils targetted the Warriors at the centre objective with its BC, but it scattered and hit the Spyder, causing a wound on the construct. Firing the rest of its weapons, it managed to down a Warrior with its HB sponsons, while the Chimera inflicted another casualty on the same Warrior squad. On the right flank, N-Inf fired and downed another 2 Warriors, keeping their praises to Nurgle high. The SWS declared a charge against the Scarabs, but fell short by a couple of inches.

Hugging cover

K-Inf move deep into cover, giving them great bonuses in the process.

Devastation

The Scarabs suffer an onslaught, and although the SWS don't make it into combat, they are reasonably confident.

Turn 4

Necrons: All Warriors failed their RPs. Everything, except the right flank Warriors, moved, with the Overlord separating from the DMs, every unit gaining better line of sight and in range of their weaponry. The centre flank fired on the Chimera, causing a HP. The Barge fired and killed 2 SWS (passed Ld). The Spyder fired its particle beamer and killed 4 (!!eek.gif ) of the PCS, leaving the Lieutenant, who also passed his Ld. The DMs fired and killed 2 Mercs, while the Overlord fired his Staff of Light and inflicted another HP on the Chimera (glanced side armour). The Warriors on the right flank fired and caused single wound on the HWT. To finish, the Scarabs declared a charge against the SWS, but the Tzeentchian lovers tore it down with their flamers.

Traitor Guard: The Blessed Brethren arrived but almost gave me a heart attack when they went 9" from their intended location, ending up just behind the right flank Warriors. However, the Lieutenant and N-Inf moved up to support them, surrounding the foot troops of the Necrons. The SWS moved towards the centre Warriors, Kharan's Mercs following them and going with touching distance of the centre objective. The SWS fired at the Warriors, killing 2. On the right flank, the Blessed Brethren fired and killed 4 Warriors. N-Inf fired their meltagun and killed another, while K-Inf fired their HB and killed another. Darmen's Reavers fired their PGs and destroyed the remainder of the right flank Warrior squad. Spoils fired its BC at the Barge, scoring yet another direct hit and penetrating hit, although I only got Crew Shaken. However, the CCS issued Bring It Down to the HWT, who then targeted and destroyed the Barge once and for all. To finish off, the SWS charged the centre Warriors, but 3 fell to OW, and the last chap was torn apart (I thought that turn was too good to be true lol).

Take The Field From Them!

The Blessed Brethren arrive and are supported to secure the right flank.

In a blaze of glory!

The last of the SWS surrounded by Necron Warriors as he pledges his soul to the Great Schemer before his ultimate demise.

Turn 5

Necrons: 1 Warrior failed their RP. The Shard and Destroyers arrived this turn, the Destroyers moving as far as they could while the Shard elected to run and rolled a 6, going a total of 12" on its debut move. The Overlord rejoined the DMs, and moved horribly close to the Chimera, but it turned out this wasn't their target. Instead the DMs fired at the Mercs, killing 1, but the Warriors were also within 12", and killed another 4 Mercs (passed Ld). Meanwhile, the Spyder landed a direct hit on the Blessed Brethren, killing 2. The Destroyers also laid in, killing 2 K-Inf. In the assault phase, the Spyder charged the Blessed Brethren (failed OW) but was killed in a series of krak grenade implosions.

Traitor Guard: The Chimera moved in front the DMs to block line of sight. What was left of Kharan's Mercs moved and claimed the centre objective. The Lieutenant ran and claimed the right objective, while N-Inf reinforced this by forming a wall to the tower it was located in. The Blessed Brethren moved to a more central position, the idea being they could lend their firepower to wherever would be needed. The HWT opened up on the Warriors, killing 3, while Darmen's Reavers wiped them out. The Brethren's serg fired his pistol at the Destroyers but killed himself as his plasma pistol overheated, the rest of the Brethren didn't hit. The Chimera killed a DM.

Damage Report

Kharan's Mercs after the Necrons had finished stripping their bodies of their molecular structures.

Ours now

The right flank objective is secured without any further resistance.

Turn 6

Necrons: The DM passed its RP. The Shard ran, again getting a 6 and really threatening the left flank. The Destroyers moved towards the Blessed Brethren, then in the shooting phase they wiped them out. The DMs shot at the Mercs in the centre but missed. The Destroyers then assaulted the Mercs killing 1, suffering a casualty in return from the serg's PF.

Traitor Guard: The Chimera moved back but immobised itself from a dangerous terrain test (checked the BRB, it said only an immobilised result is appied, no HP deducted), while nothing else moved. The Spoils, now with a clear line of sight to the DMs and Overlord, fired and killed 4 DMs with its BC, while its HB sponsons wiped the DMs from the board. The HWT inflicted a wound on the Overlord, followed by a wound inflicted from K-Inf, while Darmen's Reavers caused the ancient construct t fall to its knees. The Destroyers killed another Merc and the serg failed to hit, he failed his morale check and ran, but the Destroyers beat his score and wiped them out.

Hello

Not the best shot but from the rear of the Spoils there was a clear line of sight to the DMs, resulting in a great threat cull.

Turn 7

Necrons: The downed Destroyer failed its RP, while the Overlord failed his Ever Living roll. The Shard charged K-Inf, while the Destroyer charged the Chimera. The Destroyer caused no harm, while the Shard killed 2 K-Inf.

At this point, the Necrons (Chris/zombiewolf) conceded, giving the Traitor Guard a well deserved victory.

I enjoyed this game, there were great and saddening moments but so life goes on. If I could have done a couple of things different it would be to keep the Rough Riders back a bit, focus more fire on units as and when they come, but over all I was happy. Chris said he is going to re-evaluate what he keeps in reserve, as well as looking in to the Royal Court and what they have to offer.

Thanks very much for reading and hope you enjoyed it as much as we did playing it. We're planning on the next game next week, depending on our schedules.

Campaign Scores: Traitor Guard 3, Necrons 3 (3 pts per victory we decided, carries over to each game and retroactive from the start of the campaign).

FOR THE DARK GODS!

Kryten was happy as the battle petered out. The Techpriest had already stated that the Spoils was appeased, its malevolent Machine Spirit brimming with anticipation for more kills. Kharan had fled but had injuries to show for his cowardice. No matter, thought the Iron Dragon, he will pay for his slovenly nature in not keeping to the battle plan of holding his ground. Lieutenant Jarager reported that the right flank was secure, and that Sergeant Harlden and his Nurgle followers were sweeping the area just in case. All in all, Kryten was pleased, as all of the ammo expended from the Heavy Weapons Team, under Corporal Thurk, had minimised ammo usage, scoring several critical hits when they were needed. Kryten himself was disappointed that the Overlord wasn't on the field any longer. He yearned for the oncoming combat between the two, but knew it would have to wait for the time being. Looking to the south, he saw that Existence was now ripe for the taking, a militia force at best, who's forces would already be against each other thanks to the Nihilist's spies. Marching forward, the traitor General praised to the Dark Gods, and was thankful his Iron Warrior sponsors wouldn't have to be involved...yet.

This was a really good game, there were some times when both of us thought we would win, but unfortunately Mikey/ leinmann secured the win, probably in the next couple of days I'll be revising my army list and adding in a royal court and just beefing my list up a bit. Once I have available funds I will be adding a few things, not only elites, but a couple of heavies as personally I feel it would turn the tides of combat (plus I've been saying I need to get some more models anyway) lol, good game Mikey, see you in the next week, hopefully against your guys in beefed up soup tins thumbsup.gif

@zombiewolf it was a great game, and you'll like the next phase as to what will happen with Campaign Points etc. I'll talk to you more about it in the next couple of days, you'll like it though.

@Warriorfish glad you like it so far. as i just said to zombiewolf, the next phase will turn it up a touch. in all honesty we're enjoying sharing our campaign experience with the community - our victories, defeats, game highs and lows (Blessed Brethren serg's plasma pistol blowing up in his hand was almost expected but not planned, the Rough Riders failing their charge range was almost a catastrophic cluster bunk). i'm hoping others will be inspired to start their own campaigns and share them with the community, they make for awesome linked games that can be enjoyed by all.

Now I get the feeling there is an inquiry as to when the Iron Warriors are going to make an appearance. Maybe I'll have to adjust my army list to bring in the warriors of the IV Legion as allies, maybe there'll be a Kill-Team scenario involving them. Watch this space fellas msn-wink.gif

Cool, I'd love to do such a thing but I'm in the middle of an "escalation league" currently with my evil space elves. That and everyone is pretty busy so there's not enough games happening for my liking so there's no way of fitting in something like this on top :(

It's a shame as building a story like this is really fun. Every army gets its own story as you play games but the results of a coherent campaign adds so much more!

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies for no updates for the past week - I've been busy puppy proofing some rooms ready for a new arrival later this month that I forgot to write it up from a few days ago whistlingW.gif . However, onwards and upwards, I present to you Battle 3: Wipe them from the Streets. I must also say now I apologise for the pics. I got a new phone with flash on it and some were a tad brighter than I expected. Sunglasses are advised in some. Also, Chris was using few new toys, namely the Royal Court, and some of his weren't complete, but they're referred to in a similar way to their squads and their wargear. He has rectified this however, and they are awaiting a lick of paint for them to be finished.

Battle 3 - Wipe Them From the Streets

Points Size: 2100

No. of Objectives: n/a

Warlord Traits: Traitor Guard - Inspiring Presence; Necrons - Strategic Genius

Deployment and Mission Type: Hammer and Anvil; Purge the Alien

Miscellaneous: Robersium's Psychic Powers are all drawn from the Pyromancy Discipline (fluff reasons) and gained Molten Beam, Inferno, and I swapped the last roll for the Primaris Power of Flame Breath.

Army Lists: The Necron List is the same as before except for the addition of the Royal Court. These included 3 Lords (all with Resurrection Orbs and Phase Shifters, then one with a Void Blade, one with a Hyperphase Sword and one with a Gauntlet of Fire), and 3 Crypteks - Harbinger of Destruction (w/ Eldritch Lance, Gaze of Flame and Solar Pulse), Harbinger of the Storm (w/ Voltaic Staff, Lightning Field and Ether Crystal) and Harbinger of Transmogrification (w/ Tremorstave, Seismic Crucible and Harp of Dissonance), as well as an Aegis Defence Line.

However, my list is mostly changed to incorporate allies from my Chaos Space Marines. From the previous list I took the CCS, the Platoon of the Eternal Gods, Darmen's Reavers, Spoils of Victory and Bashra's Blessed Brethren. However, I also took Kenial the Augmented (Armoured Sentinel with Missile Launcher). From my Chaos Space Marines (who are mostly Iron Warriors with a couple of exceptions - the Sorceror and Raptors are renegades) i took: Sorceror Robersium (lvl 3 psyker, plasma pistol, force sword, and Sigil of Corruption), Squad Vornt (10 CSM, ubergrit, PG, HB, Veterans of the Long War, Icon of Vengeance, champion has PP and Power Maul), Chosen Squad Skrinen (1Xcombi-bolter, 1XPG, 1XHB, VotLW, Icon of Vengeance, champ has PF), Raptor Squad Soren (X2 PP, Mark of Khorne, champ has PS and PP), and the Dorn Breaker (Predator tank, Lascannon sponsons, Combi-bolter, Extra Armour).

Background: As both forces move through the to the central levels of the Hive, the need to halt each other and gain resources for replenishment or slave stock grows greater so as both can maintain their momentum. The Necrons have called in members of the Royal Court to aid them, their powers augmenting those around them and performing feats that seem to bend the universe itself to their will. The forces of Kryten's Nihilists have also received reinforcements, mainly against their will however. Lord Helslash, veteran of the Great Crusade and subsequent Horus Heresy, in baroque armour in the Iron Warriors Legion colours, has arrived in system with his Siege Makers. Ancient Astartes ships have taken up position alongside Kryten's own fleet, and Chaos Space Marines, mostly also Iron Warriors but a handful of renegades from other chapters too, have begun operations to help claim the planet. Helslash himself has begun an operation to claim Austik Vien's moon base, owned by the Adeptus Mechanicus and filled with potential tech-arcana. In his stead, to lead the assault he has dispatched several squads to aid the Nihilists, overseen by the renegade Sorceror-Librarian Robersium. The ancient warmachine 'The Dorn Breaker' is also inbound, an ancient Predator tank originally in the arsenal of the Imperial Fists Legion, captured at the Siege of the Emperor's Palace by the Death Guard but won from their clutches by Helslash, breaking the sigils of Nurgle etched upon its hull and repurposing it to his cause. One of his most beloved warmachines, Helslash deploys it only when he knows there is murder to sow among the enemy. Victory shall grant +1 to Reserve rolls next game, as well as 2pts to the Victor and 1pt to the Defeated.

Battle 3 Deployment left to right: HWT, CCS and PCS (in round bunker)

left to right: HWT in building, CCS behind turret structure, PCS in turret structure

K-Inf, IW squad Vornt and Sorceror Robersium (behind K-Inf), Kenial, SWS, Spoils

K-Inf, Kenial and SWS in front, with Squad Vornt and Robersium behind. You can just about make out Spoils to the extreme right of the picture

N-Inf, IW Chosen squad Skrinen, Raptor squad Soren, Darmen's Reavers (behind Raptors)

N-Inf, Skrinen in the tower, Soren on the right flank with Darmen's Reavers behind them.

Reserves: Bashra's Blessed Brethren and The Dorn Breaker. Necrons had the TBs, Shard, Destroyers, Spyder and Barge in reserve.

We had decided so as to force our forces forward, a chapel type building was put in the middle so so as to obscure massive lines of site and thus ensure a good game here its not just all shooting.

Turn 1

Rolling for 1st turn, my brother beat me and I failed to Seize the Initiative. His Warriors (who each had a Lord with them), all moved forward across their ground (right flank, centre and right flank), with the DMs and RC moving up the centre too, behind the centre Warriors, while the Scarabs ran across the right flank to screen the Warriors. Being savvy, my brother had deployed the centre Warriors so as 5 of them were in range with their Gauss weapons. They all hit, and all wounded, and I failed 2 cover saves, bringing each base down to 1 wound apiece. This was the end of his turn.

In my turn, the Raptors ran to the chapel, as did the SWS who were now in support behind. Kenial moved to the left, supported by K-Inf and Vornt. The HWT downed 2 Warriors in the squad that had inflicted their wounds. Spoils fired its BC and wiped out 8 of the 9 bases, then its HBs and LC finished off the last base.

Left flank moves out towards chapel

The left flank moves out to secure what it can as the HWT come under fire.

Turn 2

One Warrior failed its RP. All Warrior squads and DMs/RC move forward, their guns now in range of a great deal. The l-flank warriors moved behind the centre squad, who in turn fired at the HWT, destroying 2 bases. L-flank Warriors then destroyed them, giving me one those confused.gif moments. The R-flank Warriors fired at the Raptors and killed 1.

K-Inf ran towards cover as the left flank continued its slow implacable advance, while the Reavers moved up the right flank to get better cover. Soren used their Jump Packs and went over the chapel, landing very close to the DMs/RC but this wasn't their target devil.gif . Spoils fired its BC but it scattered by a fair distance, but still downed a R-flank Warrior with its HBs. The Raptors fired and downed another 2 Warriors on the centre Warriors. They then charged them, although 1 died to OW. However, in the ensuing combat, Soren himself challenged the Lord (Champion of Chaos rule, so I couldn't really avoid it) and won (and gained Icy Aura on the Chaos Boon table), and the rest of the Raptors cut down another 3 Warriors. They then failed their Ld test and were wiped out in the following Sweeping Advance. However, Soren and his Raptor's were now directly in front of the DMs/RC...

K-Inf run for cover while Kenial keeps out of LoS of Necrons

The left flank continues its slow advance as K-Inf gets toward cover.

Raptors engage targets after hopping over the chapel

The Raptors arrive on the other side of the chapel, ready to strike into the Necron lines.

Turn 3

The downed Warrior passed his RP and stood back up. The Destroyers and Spyder came on from reserve, while the R-flank Warriors moved up and the L-flank Warriors came into view of Kenial. The DMs/RC used their firepower to destroy the Raptors. The Destroyers shot at Kenial but to no effect. The L-flank fired at K-Inf, who immediately Go to Ground, suffering 1 casualty.

In my turn, both Blessed Brethren and The Dorn Breaker came on, with TDB moving up to the left, and the Blessed Brethren landing in front of the R-flank. Spoils, without any vable targets, moved at Combat Speed up the right flank of the board, while N-Inf ran in support of the armoured behemoth. On the left flank, Kenial and the Iron Warriors now rounded the side of the chapel and were now in view of the Necrons against them. The SWS moved along the side towards the entrance of the chapel. In the shooting phase, the CCS issued Get Back into the Fight to K-Inf, followed by 1st Rank Fire, 2nd Rank Fire to K-Inf. They then downed 3 Warriors from their las-gun volleys. Kenial fired and downed a Warrior with a krak missile, with Vornt's squad firing their bolters and downing another. Robersium tapped into the Warp and tore another apart with Inferno, but the L-flank Warriors passed their Ld test and stayed. On the left, the Blessed Brethren dropped a Warrior, while Darmen's Reavers failed to hit with their firearms but scored a casualty with the ML (huh.png). Skrinen's Chosen had a decent view to the R-flank Warriors, but we agreed they'd gain a 4+ cover save as it was through an extremely narrow piece of terrain. They fired their weapons, and scored 3 casualties with their HB, but the squad passed its Ld test.

Blessed Brethren arrive on the right flank

The Blessed Brethren arrive to support the right flank attacks.

Spoils moves out

Spoils moves to the right for lending support and get better targets.

Kenial spearheads the advance on the left flank

Kenial spearheads into Necron lines as the left flank comes into firing range of their ancient metal foes.

Turn 4

3 Warriors in the L-flank and 3 in the R-flank fail their RPs. The Barge, Shard and TBs come on from reserve. The L-flank moved up, supported by the Spyder and Destroyers, and the DMs/RC move towards the chapel. The shooting phase then stung me, with the Necron Overlord firing his Tachyon Arrow, penetrating Kenial and scoring a 3, which became a 5 due to it being an AP1 weapon and Immobilising the sentinel, but the Harbinger of the Storm Cryptek fired his Voltaic Staff and glanced Kenial, taking him out. The TBs, having moved up the centre, kill 6 K-Inf with ranged Particle Beamers firing on their position. The Destroyers then fired and killed another 2, but the followers of the Blood God passed their Ld test. On the right flank, the Warriors their stripped the Blessed Brethren of their flesh and wiped them from the game.

Spoils moved up further and gained a decent view of the TBs, and Squad Vornt moved further in, their contempt building. TDB moved up and also got its guns into view of the L-flank Warriors. The CCS and PCS moved up behind the Predator, determined to lend support in the upcoming melee, while the Reavers move slightly closer to the R-flank Warriors. The lone K-Inf sergeant moved along to support, and be sacrificed for, Vornt's squad. Skrinen's Chosen fired and downed a TB, while Spoils killed another TB. Vornt's squad at the DMs/RC with their bolt pistols, and TDB killed another 2 L-flank Warriors with its higher calibre weaponry. Darmen's Reavers killed a decent 5 R-flank Warriors, but couldn't charge as they'd fired all of their Rapid Fire weapons. The K-Inf serg charged the DMs/RC and suffered no OW hits, but also failed to make it into combat. Having paved the way, Robersium and Vornt then made it into combat (just, they were 9" away and got 10" for their charge distance) and begun the onslaught. Vornt took the challenge with the Overlord (he was subsequently killed when he failed to land any blows and was sucked in via a Tesseract Labyrinthe, which is a 1 use only item that I was thankful for when we double checked). I should also note that 2 Iron Warriors were killed via Lightning Field from the HotS Cryptek (getting real tired of his fething HotS Cryptek I can tell you that). Robersium himself waded through the DMs, destroying them utterly, while the rest of the squad down a Cryptek. To our surprise, the unit fails its Ld test and run 11", out of my paultry 5" that I got to pursue.

The Dorn Breaker moving in to support the left flank

The Dorn Breaker rumbles closer, getting its guns in good view

SWS on the chapel parapet to gain cover and actually survive another turn

The SWS move into the chapel for better protection

Iron Warriors wrath

Having won combat, the Iron Warriors and fire obsessed Sorceror move towards their next targets.

Turn 5

First off, the Overlord and RC passed their regroup test, and the Cryptek passed its Eternal Warrior test. The Centre Warrios failed 1 RP, R-flank Warriors fail 2 and the TBs fail 1 RP. The centre Warriors move up, supported by the Destroyers and TBs. The Spyder moved to the far left of the board, supported by the Shard close behind. The Barge moved along the right side, trying to get better targets. The Spyder shot its Particle Beamer and killed 2 of the CCS, including Kyrten himself. The RC fired and killed 2 Iron Warriors; the Tremorstave was fired too but scattered and killed the lonesome K-Inf Sergeant. The TBs took a toll and sent 8 N-Inf to their patron. The Barge fired and killed 1 SWS (thanks to them being in cover). The R-flank fired at point blank and killed 3 Reavers.

The SWS move out of the chapel and toward the TBs, Spoils moves up past the structures, with N-Inf in support. The PCS and CCS continue their advance as TDB moves around the corner. SWS took out the TBs with their flamer. The Reavers fired and killed 2 R-flank Warriors, although one Reaver died to an exploding PG. The rest of the squad killed 4 more, while the Chosen HB killed the last Warrior in the squad, leaving the Lord. The Dorn Breaker opened up on the Destroyers, gunning them down in a swath of high calibre and energy based shots. Spoils fired but for all its effort only downed a Cryptek. Squad Vornt and the Sorceror fired their pistols, killing 3 centre Warriors. The Chaos Space Marines then charged - no casualties with the main squad but Rbersium himself felled the Lord, but the squad passed their Ld test.

SWS have emerged as Spoils continues its slow trundle up the right flank

Soils moves up the SWS move close to the TBs

Squad Vornt fight the Warriors whilst Robersium faces the attached Lord in a duel

Squad Vornt fight the Warrior while Robersium is triumphant against the Lord.

Darmen's Reavers attempt to halt the Lord on the right flank

Darmen's Reavers face off against the Lord on the right flank.

Turn 6

The Lord passed his EL role, as did the Cryptek, while 2 Warriors passed their RP. The R-flank Lord moved towards the Reavers, The RC moved to the ADL, the Shard headed towards the combat in the centre, while the Barge tracked the SWS. The Spyder killed 3 PCS, who pass their Ld. The RC fired and killed 2 SWS, while the Barge wiped out the remainder. The Shard then charged into combat, killing all of squad Vornt while the Sorceror killed the Lord again. The R-flank Lord charged the Reavers, who failed both to hit on OW and land any blows, 2 were killed in a grisly fiery display, failed their Ld and ran, but were caught in Sweeping Advance, with the Lord then moving closer to Spoils.

The CCS and PCS survivors move towards the Spyder, keeping in cover. TDB moved int better view, while N-Inf move to protect the side of Spoils from the rampaging Lord. The Dorn Breaker fired and took down 2 Cypteks, Spoils joining in and killing another Cryptek and wounding the Overlord. The Chosen squad also opened up, with the HB and PG downing the Overlord. N-Inf charged the remaining Lord, but resulted in a draw. The Shard swapped with the Lord in the Challenge with my Sorceror, we decided the Warriors were no longer engaged so could move D6" away. Combat went in my favour however as the Sorceror expended 2 Warp Charges and used his Force Sword to ID the creature.

Triumph of the Dark Gods

The Shard in a duel with Robersium, Traitor of the Crusaders of Guilliman, which ended in the Sorceror being triumphant through use of his Force Sword.

Dorn Breaker ranges ahead to lend heavy fire support while the remaining command squad survivor cover the rear from the Spyder

The rear of The Dorn Breaker is protected by the PCS and CCS, as it opens fire on the Royal Court.

Turn 7

Luckily for me, all EL roles were failed, meaning the Overlord, RC and Centre Lord were all gone from the board. The Spyder fired at the Predator, but it scattered and hit the PCS, wiping them out. The Warriors fired at the Sorceror, but only caused a single wound. The N-Inf were wiped out by the Lord, who then moved towards Spoils.

The Sorceror moved to the flank of the Warriors, while the CCS moved towards melta range of the Spyder. Casting Flame Breath, Robersium wiped out the Warriors in Warp conjured flames (S5 AP4 template attack, thank you). Spoils fired and glanced the Barge with its BC, while the CCS melta gun scores a wound on the Spyder. Skrinen use their firepower to down the Lord near Spoils, who was actually downed by bolter fire.

Robersium prepares to destroy the Warriors in a storm of Warp fire

Robersium as he prepares to plunge the Warriors into a fiery grave.

Turn 8

The Lord failed his EL role. The Spyder fired and killed 2 CCS, leaving the melta gunner (who is nicknamed Bruno, a follower of Nurgle and who is quite adept at surviving for some reason, and passed his Ld).

Robersium moved towards the Spyder, as did Bruno. Robersium caused a wound on the Spyder with his PP, although Bruno missed. The Dorn Breaker fired at the Barge, penetrating with one of its lascannons and scored a 6, turning it into a Wreck. Robersium then charged the Spyder, and took it out with his Force Sword.

With no units left, I was declared the winner.

A couple of points to note: I should have rolled on the Chaos Boon table more, but we both forgot - this shall be remedied next game. CSM are death against shooty armies, but bear in mind we play fluff armies so this layout suits me, it may not for more competitive players. But damn did we have fun. I have an intense dislike of the RC now, they have a horrible ratio of firepower for their size, which I underestimated a couple of times. However, I'd certainly say that my Man of the Match would have to be my Sorceror. He destroyed a Shard, Spyder, 1 Lord and a few Warriors by himself, earning his points back easily (he comes in at a neat 150pts). Think someone might be rewarded with a Spell Familiar to mark his success if he appears in future games. I do admit that the pics of him aren't great, so here is a better pic of Robersium, Traitor of the Crusaders of Guilliman Chapter, Pyromancer of the Void:

IMG20131023 001

IMG20131023 002

IMG20131023 003

Front and 2 side views of him. And yes, he was the Sorceror I vowed in the 2012 LPC tongue.png as in fact was Kenial (whom I vowed for the IG sub-forum as we had only just started our roots in the B&C back then and could have a separate vow for the fledgling group we were back then), although I don't have any great pics of him (yet msn-wink.gif ).

We should be having our next game in the next few days or so. Might swap it round and make it CSM primary with Guard allies but not entirely sure yet. I'm enjoying the Traitor Guard being centre stage. Decisions, decisions...

Campaign Score: Traitor Guard 5-Necrons 4.

Archived