++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

On the other hand, Morale isn't totally useless. The winning list from the last big event that BoLS put up was a Drukhari/Harlequin list that had tons of Leadership smashing effects in it and things that effect how/whether enemies flee. We can get the raw Leadership penalties well enough and can use things like Lord of Terror to force rerolls and such. This can surprise armies that are dependent on small unit sizes, such as Talos Spam (at least early game), or really hurt Guard who don't specifically build for Morale mitigation (Loyal 32).

Next thing we need to include are effects other than Morale that target lower Leadership.

Most of those happen to come from Daemons: Forbidden Gem, Cacophonic Choir, Treason of Tzeentch, etc. 

Others come from FW Malignatas weapons (Sicaran Venator, Deredeo, Cerberus).

Just food for thought.

*nods slowly* They look quite all right. There are some details that could have been done differently, like those thick wings on the helmet on the jump pack Praetor, but I could see myself buying them sometime in the future.

Highly disappointing release from FW. Looks more like an average conversion job. Just look at the skull hanging from the right praetor shoulderpad – it is the same size as praetor’s helmet… Painting job also of a poor quality for a display model that supposed to inspire people to spend money on it…

Aside from “skulls and wings” FW has nothing to offer to the “VIII-th.” 

Edited by Brother Kirus

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the Night Lords ominbus last night.

Hooooooly craaaaaap it was so good! If GW doesn't utilize the end of that story for a new story arc in 40k, they're :cuss sleeping on some solid gold.

Just finished the Night Lords ominbus last night.

Hooooooly craaaaaap it was so good! If GW doesn't utilize the end of that story for a new story arc in 40k, they're :censored: sleeping on some solid gold.

And now you know one of the reasons why many of us chose to 'stand in midnight clad' :biggrin.:

I have a Chaos Terminator Lord, three Sorcerers, Daemon Prince, 15 Marines, 10 man Chosen squad, 30 Cultists, 5 Possessed, Chaos Predator, Chaos Rhino, 20 Havocs, 5 Furies, Dark Apostle, Chaos Terminators squad,8 Khorne Berzerkers, and a Khorne Lord of Skulls. What should I get next?

I have a Chaos Terminator Lord, three Sorcerers, Daemon Prince, 15 Marines, 10 man Chosen squad, 30 Cultists, 5 Possessed, Chaos Predator, Chaos Rhino, 20 Havocs, 5 Furies, Dark Apostle, Chaos Terminators squad,8 Khorne Berzerkers, and a Khorne Lord of Skulls. What should I get next?

Wait for the new box to drop and get all the goodies within

Paint and a brush! That'll keep you going for the next couple of moths. Time to get to work! :)

I posted a similar question in the iron warriors thread, but since im also considering a night lords detachment i will post here too.

The new armor style. Traditionally night lords have avoided too much chaos worship and such. But they have had plenty times where chaos were used. Do you think that the new armor style works for them?

Same answer as in the iron warriors thread, really.

Yes it works depending on the warband. Just because you don't worship chaos as much as Word Bearers or similar it doesn't mean your gear is unaffected by a lengthy stay in the eye of terror or maelstrom.