++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Bikers at the moment though my army contains both.

I've 2 squads of melta raptors, and a full 9 man biker squad with 2 man held flamers and a combi flamer on the sergeant and chainswords for the rest. The bikes will also have "Mark of slaanesh" if I need something to die in a firestorm

Hello Flayerkin! I was perusing through my codex and noticed that there are multiple cases of -1Ld spread around combined with your spicy trait. how does the following formula work?

an enemy unit is forced to make a moral check cuz reasons

-3 for 3 units in range

-1 for raptors

-1 for chaos spawn

-1 for allied haarkan

do they get a -6 or does the trait override that and its just a -3? idk if this was addressed previously but 100+ pages is a lot to dig through for a niche question lol

Also add the Icon of Despair and a minus two could be added from Butcher Cannons. Give Haarken Worldclaimer the Lord of Terror Warlord trait and the opponent has to roll two dice for morale and pick the worse one. Enjoy the hunt, brother. Ave Dominus Nox

Also, remember that some armies like Tyranids, some Space Marines, Poxwalkers heavy Death Guard, and Mordians are largely immune to morale casualties. Therefore you'll need to build a well rounded list not devoted to terror tactics solely or you'll get stomped. Our legion trait is a tool, not the main strategy.

I've played 15 games with my Night Lords army this edition and I can count on one hand the number of enemy models I've killed with my NL morale debuffs. This is because I've gone up against a lot of MSU opponents or opponents who ignore morale.

I play Night Lords for the fluff. Although the Claws of the Night, the -1 to hit stratagem, and the re-roll warlord trait are good too. The Claws in particular have really come through for me in some clutch situations.

Edited by Tallarn Commander

Yeah.....regular Warpsmith wasn't quite "metal" enough for the 8th Legion. This guy, on the other hand.....wow. Even comes with a chainglaive. Time to buy another Mica Blue rattlecan. :)  I imagine him leading a "wild hunt" of Fiends and Heldrakes.....lightning and gory trophies everywhere.

They mentioned in the article on Sunday that there will be a "terror causing Host Raptorial" detachment.  I'd bet most of my collection that we'll see some previews of that tomorrow considering it hit the two main GW buzzwords for our legion :teehee:

I am considering getting Haarkan for a Claws of the Black hunt lord conversion but generally prefer my terminator lord.  If this host raptorial requires a jump lord, than I can't think of a better base model.

Well that was disappointing. I'm really not seeing much to tempt me here. Vicious descent might just make Warp Talons viable but it's still a 1CP gamble since you can't guarantee the charge. Usually my jump pack Lord is with my Raptors so I don't really need vicious descent on them. And honestly If I'm already destroying units I probably don't even need to use terror strike.

Honestly I'd rather just spend the 1-2 CPs on VoTLW or In Midnight clad for immediate and effective buffs.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/20/20th-mar-heretic-astartes-focus-the-night-lordsgw-homepage-post-1/

Edited by Midnight Brotherhood