++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Night Lords 17th Company

Lead by Captain Molossus.

The Seventeenth are known for their use of gene-enhanced war dogs.  A doctrine harkening back to the Captain's participation in dog fighting rings on Nostramo in the years following the Night Haunter's departure.

For the past several years they could be found harassing Tau colony worlds that were still recovering from a previous Tyranid invasion in the region. These actions drew the particular ire of a Hunter Cadre from Sa'cea, the Shas'o making it his personal mission to bring Molossus and his hounds to heel. Finally having run them to ground on a former Imperial World with the remnants of the Great Devourer still sleeping beneath the soil.  Unfortunately for both parties Warboss Gutgul has arrived in the region and he's looking to rake in teef, scrap, and new 'eads to add to his collection.  Survival unknown (Our next campaign in a nutshell starting up on my 21st).

Nice! The 17th are noted and accounted for. Let me know if you want to add a company sobriquet at any point.

And keep in mind, being the 17th slots you right between Brother Heinrich and Dan the Daemon. So... you know... no pressure to be awesome or anything :wink:

Good luck on starting your company! Let us know if you need any help.

Seventh Company "The Head Takers "

Lead by Captain Silren Voss (Later to be titled "The Revenant")

Smaller campaigns were also known to be lead by an unknown marine known only as the Butcher.

One of the first Companies to set out amongst the stars of the great crusade Voss and his company became known for terror attacks on both newly discovered worlds and those that had been deemed compliant but had later turned from Imperial law. Those that fell into the latter would find themselves at the hands of murderers that cared not for age, sex or innocence, the Emperors judgement and the 8th legion would make an example to all as to what would become to those who do not follow the strict rules of compliance.

I only picked up on this thread at lunchtime, and was going to claim the 17th Co, or the 7th if that was taken.  Then was ninja'd by PhantomZero17 and Fracture in the space of 6 hours - dayuum!

If I may declare for the VIII Legion, CXVII (117th) Company - the Faithless Arbiters, led by Praetor Kal'o Necridincos

A remnant company raiding its way across the galaxy, trying to stay alive and retain it's heritage, whilst unknowingly succumbing to the cancer of corruption from within...

Largely ripped off from Heavily influenced by ADB's work which was the clincher for me in choosing a Traitor Legion.  Backstory and rollcall to follow.

Edited by plasmaspam

Standing in midnight clad are my Night Lords of the 47th Company, "the Night's Reapers", commanded by Contemptor Captain Tol Zhaeqal.

Tol Zhaeqal, commander of the 47th company, VIII Legio Astartes ++Night Lords++

Tol Zhaeqal, Commander of the XLVII Company of the VIII Legio Astartes

++Cross Ref. Contemptor++

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Nice little back story Phontomzero17!! One question however... What are you using the dogs for?? I mean out of what codex are you running Dogs?? I'm loving the idea for serious fluff reasons!!

Ave Dominus Nox

End of Line

My groups D&D DM loving the enthusiasm I had with my ideas for Astartes War Dogs pretty much convinced everyone else to allow them as Flesh Hounds of Khorne 'count-as'.  Your mileage may vary.

Honestly though the reason for the dogs in a Night Lord army started after reading Vulkan Lives in December.  Prior to picking that up I had been tossing the idea of an Arbites army back and forth with my uncle (Well over 12,000 pts of IG in his showcases displayed out in his living room and I really wanted to get some Necromunda bits off of him), but to be honest I was only really into the Arbites because I wanted Cyber-Mastiffs.

In both Vulkan Lives and in ADB's Night Lord series there are various scenes of either crew or prisoner's being hunted through the decks.  In my head I began imagining not only Night Lords hunting captured soldiery and citizens but large armored dogs being let loose within the lower decks for either training or sport.

To me the dogs add a whole other level of fear to the army.  Besides acting as scouts, sentries, or trackers dogs can be armored up and sent to the front line.  The Spanish Conquistadors did just that though they used theirs sparingly as they were valuable assets.  I don't feel the Seventeenth are that attached only seeing the dogs as another tool like a bolter or blade.

And so as I was imagining Imperial citizenry frozen in terror gawking at Night Lords with chains wrapped in their gauntleted fists and hulking armored hounds foaming at the mouth waiting to be released the Seventeenth and Molossus were born...

And Kaptain Skarang, fine connoisseur of cigars, with his band of Orks have been moved to the top shelf. I'm working hard to get the core (PA units) done before the 9th. I still need more dogs though as I'm currently using Fenrisian wolves I borrowed from my aunt who collects Space Wolves.  I ordered a Khador Wardog and a Reaper Mini Garr Crusader War Dog and I'm going to play around with them till I decide which I prefer.  Unless anyone else knows of other good models to take a look at.  The plan is to put them in Midnight Clad add some small bits of chain and attach helms/skulls to the ends of the chain.  On the Khador I can just attach them to the armor on the Garr I'm going to have to attach the chain to its chain collar and till I have it in my hot little hands I'm unsure over how well I'll like that look.  Unless I want to try greenstuffing armor plates for the Garr War Dogs.

:censored:  me that's awesome! *Why* do you not have a plog?!

the 47th are recorded like a *champ!*

I am honoured by the inclusion! I don't have a plog because honestly I haven't been active online that much. I just started the hobby two years ago, and only started playing Night Lords in March 2013. I've posted some on the Kit Bash Carnage Facebook group. But due to your message, I'll start one :-) So thanks!

Wow mate  now THAT is a dreadnought! That's freakin sweet!

Thanks mate!

@ Noctus - Recorded!

@ Augustus - Heck yes! There needs to be a designated space for us to heap your models with praise so this thread doesn't over flow. Also, Contemptor Captain is now recorded correctly :blush.:  

@ Brother Nihm - Yay! Glad to see you back! And it's worth plenty. You and Dan are like our Grandaddy Nightlords ^_^

"The brothers have been summoned, you are in for a treat youngling. So new to the crusade you were, I must say, though, you shall not miss it soon. Ah they have arrived, I will leave you in their capable hands"

The captain nodded to a shadow as he left the room, and in walked two midnight clad warriors bearing the symbols of the apothecarian on their armour.

"What have we here, my brother?"

"A fresh angel, such a delight we have been blessed"

The two moved to either side of the medical slab to which the youthful dark angel was attached. Cruciform, steel shackles at the wrists, waist and ankles, he tried to remain passive at his captors presence.

"We know your kind, we've slain many of your brothers. Many screamed for mercy on this very table"

The angels face twitched.

"Touched a nerve we have, yes yes"

" easier to bait the younger it seems, servitor begin audio recording"

A click from the corner of the room, and a blink of crimson as the servitor rolled forward, a silver tray attachedbto its torso.

"Any words, my boy, before we begin? No? Such a shame."

One of the two leaned in close, his voice lowered to a whisper.

"You are going to experience pain now. It won't be over quickly, we will make you suffer. Our aim here, yes, is to rake you to the edge of your sanity. You will fear our footsteps. You will be afraid of our blades. You will watch as we take you apart piece by piece, and we will make you beg for death. You will not be granted it in any haste. I will drink the blood from your hearts, and you are going to die, blind and alone. The last sound you will hear is your life dripping through the drains bellow you"

"Still nothing to say?"

The dark angel, quaking with rage and frustration, said through gritted teeth "I will kill you both"

"Funny, thats what your captain said"

Outside the apothecarian, soon after, the hallways were filled with anguished screams.

From the logs of the Night Lords Cruiser "Long Shadows"

Captained by Vikan Prixus, known as the bonecrowned prince of terror, 123rd Company

Edited by helterskelter

So "openers" of this topic, what happened to our gallery page? Should we send someone after the mods.

Haven't made it just yet, so don't go waving pitchforks and torches at the mods lol. This week has been a busy one for me, but I'm working on a banner and some fluff, I should hopefully have it up and running tonight. Basically it will be a showcase thread for everyone's finished fluff/models. That way you can all retain your WIP logs and not worry about having to double post what you're all working on, while building a cohesive gallery for future Night Lords and Night Lords fans to browse through.