++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

From what I gather, no one REALLY liked us, and to the most part, being the badasses we were, we really didn't care :D

Curze, Horus, and Mortarion all seemed to be quite friendly, and I suppose part was from Mort's hatred of those with power who abused it, which tied in quite nicely with Night Haunters teachings. And Horus? Well, he was just the cool one ;)

And come on, our Primarch IS Batman. To qoute that which is funny and true (1d4chan)

'Best of all, his ranged weapon proves definitely that Konrad Curze is Batman. He literally uses Batarangs during the shooting phase. His ranged attack is called a "Widowmaker Volley", which is essentially 3 bolt pistol profile shots with a special rule that makes 6s to wound ignore both armor AND invulnerable saves. You can't save against the God-Damned Bat Man. The best part is the actual description of the weapons in the Horus Heresy rulebook: "The Widowmakers. Based on the (shuriken throwing stars) MICRO-SERRATED THROWING BLADES utilized for signature-kills by the (League of Shadows) CERTAIN NOSTRAMAN ASSASSIN-CULTS, Curze favored the use of these vicious, yet highly precise weapons over more conventional firearms in battle, using them for (non-lethal takedowns) TO DISABLE AND MAIM AS HE WILLED.'

Lol Kol I know how much you cringe at the batman.

@Aeternes I can see the similarities. The only difference is that kurze would happily flay you alive if you were committing a crime, even if you were a child. Unless theirs something I didn't hear or read about the batman. You have no idea how far writers will go to make comic book heroes "gritty". Also kurze went insane and was known to eat random chapter serfs in his final days.

I can see why sons of horus and night lords could get along both have planets were gang culture is prominent. The only difference is that nostramo went messed up after kirze left unlike chthonia.

Hail brother Cultruns!

Looking forward to seeing your work, backgrounds are always good, but I'm sure we can help you with what you need :)

@Marshal, well, everyone has to have their indulgences, and for Curze it was just skinning and mutilations. Maybe Batman is just a younger brother ;)

Do we know what happened to cthonia after the whole Heresy thing? I'm guessing it was destroyed along with the other traiter homes (except for Alpha Legion's, it could be any world...) Or did they move it into the warp somehow

Augustus it is. I'll drop the honourific.

Has anyone tried using the wings from the Vampire Counts bat swarms yet? I know the grave guard kits are a common comversion as, quite frankly, it seems most people dislike our current upgrade pack (how, with those wings, are you meant to be stealthy? They add another 1/4 of a marine on top :/ ).

Also, would the Von Carstein shield pack work? Was thinking of going down a kinda martial road with one of my claws, so probably swords and shields. They looked like they'd fit quite nicely.

Yeah man the Von Carstein pack is awesome. I am still amazed not more here use it. And though the NL upgrade pack's wings are ridiculously huge on helmets, they can still be cut off and, combined with a large skulls, be used to make NL symbols for tanks and whatnot.

Augustus it is. I'll drop the honourific.

Has anyone tried using the wings from the Vampire Counts bat swarms yet? I know the grave guard kits are a common comversion as, quite frankly, it seems most people dislike our current upgrade pack (how, with those wings, are you meant to be stealthy? They add another 1/4 of a marine on top :/ ).

Also, would the Von Carstein shield pack work? Was thinking of going down a kinda martial road with one of my claws, so probably swords and shields. They looked like they'd fit quite nicely.

Yeah man the Von Carstein pack is awesome. I am still amazed not more here use it. And though the NL upgrade pack's wings are ridiculously huge on helmets, they can still be cut off and, combined with a large skulls, be used to make NL symbols for tanks and whatnot.

I plan on doing a kinda templar squad at some point...though can't think of any way a black templar squad would turn to chaos. lets blame it on the warp :biggrin.:

was thinking those shields could go lovely with bloodletter swords (power swords) and cloaks. they'll also be able to rip and tear through power armoured squads quite easily :laugh.:

Anyone got any idea how many posts we have left before the thread is rebooted elsewhere? Trying to get my little tale finished before that happens as spreading it all over the forum isn't my idea of fun times

Only three pages left, and this post is the 8th of this threat. So 3x25+17=92 posts...

EDIT:

Also, Flint, may I suggest we reboot the thread with a new one called +++ The Murderer's Call II +++ and which begins with a copy of this thread's first post, with a linky added to this thread?

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Good idea for that. So I'm looking at my stocks for ETL. I was thinking to add some regular terminators. The idea is to use regular space marine terminators for the bodies then use chaos weaponry. I was also thinking to add some bat ears from the grave guard kit. For shoulder pads one lion shoulder pad and one bat one. Anything else I should add? A Shame that thread is getting locked I just got here LoL!

For shoulder pads one lion shoulder pad and one bat one. Anything else I should add?

You planning on crafting some Atramentar brother? ;)

For the lion pad, I must confess I can't see myself doing five of the things in gs, what where you planning on using? Found some scibor ones but they aren't too...chaotic.

Looking forward to seeing them :) now I just need to go figure out what to do for this ETL thing. And work out what it actually is, lol

Ooh, you found those bat pads. They are a lovely looking set, but I'm not so sure about the lions. look kinda egyptian, more sphinx like imho. 

My current choice for atramentar:

http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=1284#i/conversion_parts_2012/big/lion_shoulderpads_4_01.jpg

http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=1281

Or, if you're lucky you could try and get lots of the sevatar pads :laugh.: or the pads from FW Lugft Huron --> 

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/large/lhuron7.jpg

The FW Astral Claws Terminator Shoulder Pads has a pretty nice Lions Head pad in the set. But, 9.50 pounds for 1 pad? you could probably do better elsewhere.

Yeah originally when I though of doing some altramentar I though about using the astral claws terminator pads because I figured their Schtick is lions. Turns out only one pad sadly. I really like scibors stuff I really like the templar bitz they have.

A question yay or nay on bat ears on terminators? These will be the regular terminator whatever they are called.

Forge World caused a bit of a problem for me with this. Everything after Sevatar's saber tooth skull is just kinda lackluster to me :sad.:

yeah i feel you, the beautiful bastard's pad destroyed my Atramentar plans:furious:

Edited by Wicced

Forge World caused a bit of a problem for me with this. Everything after Sevatar's saber tooth skull is just kinda lackluster to me :(

After you said that I'm not looking at sevaters pad anymore. I WANT TO ENJOT MY PADS!!!! Also just realized he has precognition instead of prescience. Biiiiiiiigg difference.