++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

We just got a Primarch Series release, if there was any interest - audio drama.

A-Lesson-in-Darkness-800x800.jpg

Anyone know if it's just gonna be the audio drama or if there'll be a book as well (to keep in line with the rest of them)?

Edited by Aeternas

We just got a Primarch Series release, if there was any interest - audio drama.

Anyone know if it's just gonna be the audio drama or if there'll be a book as well (to keep in line with the rest of them)?

I listened to it on my commute home yesterday. Its pretty good, way better than Curze's depictions in the last two audio books I heard (Vulkan Lives and Unremembered Empire :puke:). Its set early on after he is united with the VIII Legion (which I assume is mostly Terran at this point).

The voice acting in particular was different than the usual rasping, hissing whisper he's given by BL audio. He's got a deeper voice and an Eastern-European-ish accent. Kinda sounds like Space Dracula.

I imagine there will be a full book as well, considering that Perturabo has both a book and an audio drama.

Edited by Magpie Knight

I just finished the audio book as well and I agree with brother Magpie. The story is nice and Curze don't appears as the usual

mustache vilain that we used to see lately. Not so fond of the Eastern-european like accent for Curze and all the other night lords :/ .I Don't think that it suit the harry potter Parseltong-ish nostraman language described by ADB very well.

But I had not make the link with space-dracula and I have to admit that it's kind of funny now that you said it ^^.

Nontheless the Voice of Curze is deep and scarry and that's a really good thing !

It's a nice story, very atmosphery and gloomy. I also am not a fan of the space dracula accent - like malchy said, ADB's Nostraman has always made my imagination go to South-East Asia for an accent in English.... Oh well! :)

Considering that the CSM sprue lacks for some proper helmetless heads, which bitz do you use? I am after the sleek long hair look, or the razor gang look of sevetar. I do not like much the bald heads, they are everywhere in M41.

If you mix a little lahmian medium with grey, brown, or black, you can paint on short, cropped hair and five-o'clock-shadows on the bald heads. Unfortunately the only hairy SM heads are from the Space Wolves (which look too barbaric) and Blood Angels (which look too fancy) kits....

Considering that the CSM sprue lacks for some proper helmetless heads, which bitz do you use? I am after the sleek long hair look, or the razor gang look of sevetar. I do not like much the bald heads, they are everywhere in M41.

I use those for my Emperor's Children http://www.spellcrow.com/space-knights-heads-with-long-hair-p-281.html

http://www.spellcrow.com/images/Space_Knights/SpeceKnightsHeadsLongHair.jpg

Thanks for the info, I will look into that site too, it seems they have some interesting stuff there. 

How do you go about painting the NL armor? Do you use the Kantor Blue for the darker hue or Caledor Sky for the brighter one?

How do you paint the NL skin?

How do you paint the NL red cloth elements?

Gold trim or brass trim?

Thanks for the info, I will look into that site too, it seems they have some interesting stuff there. 

How do you go about painting the NL armor? Do you use the Kantor Blue for the darker hue or Caledor Sky for the brighter one?

How do you paint the NL skin?

How do you paint the NL red cloth elements?

Gold trim or brass trim?

I'm a pretty casual painter (I won't be entering any contests) but I like for my guys to look like I put some effort into them. This has been working for me. Here's my recipe.

For my Night Lords Armor I start with Kantor blue and cover it a heavy Drakenhof Nightshade wash. Then I pick out the edges with Altdorf Guard Blue. I also use Altdorf Guard to trace the paths of the lightning, which I then trace over with Hoeth Blue.

I do my trim as a dark brass. I base it with Warplock Bronze and layer Brass Scorpion over that. Then I wash that with Nuln Oil and go back over the high points with Brass Scorpion again. I like Brass Scorpion for this because its a little orange-y, which compliments the blue.

For red cloth, gauntlets, or weapon casings I use Mephiston Red base> Nuln Oil wash> Mephiston Red clean up> Evil Suns Scarlet edge highlight.

I haven't done skin in a little bit, but I just followed Duncan's How to Paint Albino Raven Guard Skin video and I liked the results.

Hey,

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this in, but has anyone had success running bikers in a NL army? I have 3 mostly unassembled I'd like to use, but was wondering about the experiences of other people. 

I actually have had some success running bikers in my Night Lords Army. 

In a recent game against space wolves I ran a Biker lord with the claws of the black hunt and a squad of 5 bikes which had a power sword on the champ, an Icon of despair and two melta guns. 

They are great for taking hits and offer a big target for the enemy. If your enemy ignores them you can use them for grabbing objectives, hunting tanks and big monsters and in general holding the line. In my battle against the space wolves the held the left flank from a minor terminator attack. Given time they may have died but they tied that whole terminator unit up! Not to mention combi bolters are fantastic now! 

Just played my first game of 8th edition yesterday (vs Alpha Legion) and man was it fun. In midnight clad is awesome, worked wonders on my contemptor.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your game. Btw, In Midnight Clad only works on Night Lords Infantry ;) 

Just played my first game of 8th edition yesterday (vs Alpha Legion) and man was it fun. In midnight clad is awesome, worked wonders on my contemptor.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your game. Btw, In Midnight Clad only works on Night Lords Infantry :wink:

Haha thanks for that. Still getting used to these key words but both me and the person who was reintroducing me to the game missed that.

• 2 months later...

med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png

The sixth challenge of Inspirational Friday 2018 is: The Night Lords

For those who have not seen the thread, in Inspirational Friday I set a theme with a deadline (usually two weeks, occasionally – like this time – 3 weeks) for members to write fluff/short stories/scenes on set topics. As long or as short as you like. We have covered a great number of topics before, and this time it is the VIII Legion’s turn.

IF2018: Night Lords runs until the sixth of April.

Tell us a tale...30k, 40k or bridging the eras...of the VIII Legion.

The winner of IF2018: The Night Lords (judged by the member who won the last IF challenge) shall claim the Amulet of Night Incarnate:

gallery_63428_7083_2282.png

And the honour of judging the next challenge (which they can relinquish to me if they so wish).

Please submit all entries in the main IF thread in the CSM forum. :smile.:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I have a Terminator Lord, Terminator Sorcerer, Exalted Champion with Claws of the Black Hunt, 10 CSM, a Rhino, 5 Terminators, a Possessed Squad, a Helbrute, and a Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought. What should I get after this? Not looking for super competitive but I'd like to not get stomped as my meta is ITC Competitive but I love Night Lords.

I have a Terminator Lord, Terminator Sorcerer, Exalted Champion with Claws of the Black Hunt, 10 CSM, a Rhino, 5 Terminators, a Possessed Squad, a Helbrute, and a Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought. What should I get after this? Not looking for super competitive but I'd like to not get stomped as my meta is ITC Competitive but I love Night Lords.

Want to be a jerk and troll people with Leadership?

Leviathan Dreadnought with Butcher Cannon Array (Storm Cannon on FW site), Chaos Spawn and Raptors. Make the Raptors Mark of Nurgle and give them the Icon of Despair.

Feel good realizing that your opponent's leadership is now becoming almost the same as a GROT