++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Are Chaos Cultists and Obliterators worth the investment?

Yes. Very much so. 

What made you all fall in love with the VIIIth Legion?

The trilogy by ADB. :) Plus the pictures of the 2nd edition metal Chaos Space Marines squad painted in Night Lords colours, in the 2nd edition Chaos Codex.

Controversial thought time: A.k.a how to be a :cuss with only 4 units (if I've read this right)

Step 1: take renegade knight detachment and have said knight as warlord taking the traitors mark relic (-1 ld in 12", -2 ld in 6")

Step 2: take a night lords detachment with 3 units of Nurgle raptors with an icon of despair each. (-3 ld per unit once it's charged something, -2 within 6")

Step 2: point at something you want to runaway, if needsbe charge it with all the raptors and have the knight in 6", and there is -11ld without batting an eyelid

It would be -7 because only the legion trait stacks.

Still enough, add in other stuff that's minus ld from elsewhere
The aura from Warp Talons and Chaos Spawn also would stack with the Night Lords trait, Raptors, Icon of Despair and the Knight thing.

Which means it's -9.

Then get a Leviathan Dreadnought with a Butcher Cannon Array and cackle like a lunatic as you force NECRONS to take Leadership tests after killing two models.

• 4 weeks later...

So what is the deal with Cyrion's lightning tears on his helm? Does that mean something in the VIIITH Legion?

Simple personal decorations refering to lightnings that are displayed on our armours. It has no particular meanings as a Legion symbol.

Celtic_Cauldron

Kill team 7th Claw of the Midnight Brotherhood stands ready in Midnight Clad. Preysight!

DSC_0369.jpg

Can't wait to get these guys on the table for kill team. I'm trying to get my DV chosen painted up for even more baroque looking kill team.

Nice kill team MB! Paint job is looking good!

Did you put the list together using the info from one of the videos showing off details and costs? I saw the one in the KT thread in the rumors section but haven't really gone over it.

What are people's thought on using Curze as a demon prince in 40K, is the model large enough?

Anybody already done this? I've messed around with 30k in the past but the loss of playing with 40k 8th edition rules with a 30k army has reduced 30k to a real minority game locally.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From Grotrebel of Dakka, who was in the seminar(s):

More codicies incoming - nothing confirmed, but he mentioned WE, EC and night lords. And factions that are not there yet

So salty rumour of a Night Lords codex. What say thee brothers?

Highly doubt it, Night Lords don't have enough unique stuff in 40k to warrant more than what they already have in the current codex. I don't think WE and EC will get a codex either as they already have legion rules, relics and warlord traits in the current codex and it wouldn't make sense for them to have their own codex separate to that.

WE and EC models highly likely. Night Lords models? Doubt it. New upgrade pack? Maybe.

Edited by Midnight Brotherhood