Master of Relics conversion

PHS

Really nice work either way, though I think I personally prefer the casual helmet-hold. Has a true-to-life feel, like something you'd see in a WWII photo.

One little suggestion - I'd try to move the chainsword arm in such a way that its resting a little further down on the shoulder or pauldron. Looks just a bit awkward right now, resting so close up and on the engine.

Many thanks for all your thoughts, very helpful

I've been leaning towards the 1st one myself mainly so I don't have to sculpt a proper strap, the one in the 2nd pic is pretty poor

as to what chapter he'll end up , probably Ultramarine, though maybe a successor chapter. Been thinking about doing some Scouring Era marines for a while i.e., lots of beakies and a few older marks of armour. The mk7 helmet will be replaced with a mk5

I tried to get the chainsword more horizontal by using a small spacer between the hand and the wrist but I thought that it made the hand look a bit off.

It looked slightly more natural using a powersword , I kinda like the chainsword though.

Again, thanks for the comments

P

• 1 month later...
I definitely like the first pose the most, but I'll be honest, the Master of Relics looks the least like a special figure within the Chapter than any of the other officers. I'd figure he'd have some awesome relic weapon of some kind instead of a simple chainsword. Even GWs combi-weapon leaves me underwhelmed.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived