The Lost and Forgotten: Building the II Legion

Athrawes

Don't ever listen to call your heroes whilst reading that piece.... just breathtaking buddy it's poetic and fitting and has actually made me tear up like when argel tal died.

If anything this is now cannon and has forever been cemented as the only true IInd legion

Damn... I wanted to be the 1000. Post ;)

But I must second Kelborn. The other with the open sacrifice was more to my taste, but me too can see the reason why you picked the other version. Would have beeen great to connect them somehow.

Maybe something like

While Icarion is stabbed by both swords, it takes a couple of moments for a Primarch to die. Icarion looses control of the webway powers and the daemons beyond them... his very last act of loyalty would be to slice his throat, ending his life, while his face is blurred, showing the demonical powers which want to enter mortal realm. With his very last act of service, Icarion aspirates: "Sorry, brother."

Curtain falls

BUT

It's your stuff. Do what you want to do with it. smile.png

*edit*

Oh, I was 999...sweet. Looks way cooler than 1000 :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So i finally read my way through all this. And by god i am amazed. I have added the lightning bearers to my head cannon. I have also decided to convert a sergeant for my luna wolves and theme him around the idea that he spent time seconded to their legion prior to their destruction. Plan to give him a volkite serpenta, a vibro katana and a small badge bearing the II legions icon as souvenirs of his time among them.  I remember you mentioning what type of katanas you used for the second lot but i couldn't find it on a second scan through the thread. Were they the Kromtech ones?

I haven't posted here in about 2 years but i had to post after i saw this post.

edit: gotten book 6, an decided to make it a knight errant. fluff wise, this is a centurion of the 2nd legion assigned to the crusader host on Terra,that has been kept in the dungeons below Terra since the fall of madrigal, but has been released by Malcador to join the knights errant, due to legions previous expertise at dealing with the warp. Will convert a resin mk4 assault marine (minus jumppack, powerpack instead) graft on a grey knight psyhood, give him a madrigal pattern powersword (katana), volkite serpenta, leave the armor blank except for a brass Inquisition I on the shoulder (from grey knights brass sheet) and either one of the terminator badges with the Lightning blue shield, or a sakura blossom on the armor.  Would this fit into the fluff you have expertly crafted Athrawes?

edit 2: finally built my Knight errant. had to wait forever for parts. Here are some pics. Gun is a relic weapon which i will use as either volkite serpenta or plasma pistol

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s581/Blackfoxstar/DSC_0392_zpsogzaix0p.jpg
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s581/Blackfoxstar/DSC_0394_zpsbth5bsql.jpg

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s581/Blackfoxstar/DSC_0396_zpsakf8zcwy.jpg

Edit 3: sorry didnt realise the pictures would display so big
Edit 4: replaced WIP pics with finished pics.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work mate, I am amazed.

Just a quick question though, as I am looking at making my own Primarch etc for the XIth Legion, where did you manage to obtain the blank HH book pages to insert your own text and artwork etc? 

• 1 month later...

So i finally read my way through all this. And by god i am amazed. I have added the lightning bearers to my head cannon. I have also decided to convert a sergeant for my luna wolves and theme him around the idea that he spent time seconded to their legion prior to their destruction. Plan to give him a volkite serpenta, a vibro katana and a small badge bearing the II legions icon as souvenirs of his time among them.  I remember you mentioning what type of katanas you used for the second lot but i couldn't find it on a second scan through the thread. Were they the Kromtech ones?

I haven't posted here in about 2 years but i had to post after i saw this post.

edit: gotten book 6, an decided to make it a knight errant. fluff wise, this is a centurion of the 2nd legion assigned to the crusader host on Terra,that has been kept in the dungeons below Terra since the fall of madrigal, but has been released by Malcador to join the knights errant, due to legions previous expertise at dealing with the warp. Will convert a resin mk4 assault marine (minus jumppack, powerpack instead) graft on a grey knight psyhood, give him a madrigal pattern powersword (katana), volkite serpenta, leave the armor blank except for a brass Inquisition I on the shoulder (from grey knights brass sheet) and either one of the terminator badges with the Lightning blue shield, or a sakura blossom on the armor.  Would this fit into the fluff you have expertly crafted Athrawes?

edit 2: finally built my Knight errant. had to wait forever for parts. Here are some pics. Gun is a relic weapon which i will use as either volkite serpenta or plasma pistol

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s581/Blackfoxstar/DSC_0392_zpsogzaix0p.jpghttp://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s581/Blackfoxstar/DSC_0394_zpsbth5bsql.jpg

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s581/Blackfoxstar/DSC_0396_zpsakf8zcwy.jpg

Edit 3: sorry didnt realise the pictures would display so big

Edit 4: replaced WIP pics with finished pics.

If only Icarion hadn't dealt with any and all would-be loyalists in the BotL verse...

• 1 month later...
Amazing thread mate, I'm super intrigued by your tarot ideas and that you chose the high priestess. I was wondering if you had any thoughts on the fortune tarot for the xi legion and how they could tie in together?

Athrawes described it to me as a "reboot" once his Thousand Sons project is complete, and I guess that'll be focused on their Harbingers identity. Whatever happens, hold on to your helmets people.

Say Athrawes, are there any books you used for inspiration with the Lightning Bearers? I just raced through Child of Vengeance and that gives a really vivid depiction of Samurai society - with some elements that might be useful in depicting the Lightning Bearers' perception of the Ghost Crusade and the toll it takes on them.

Archived