Only victory is honourable - White scars - Siege of Terra

One-eye

Out of interest how do you build up the white colour? I've been experimenting with grey base coats

Copy / paste from a few pages back :

Here's my white recipe : on a white undercoat I airbrushed a light grey (PA Air light grey 50) from beneath to give shadows, a greenish light grey (PA Air 45) for transitions and again white from atop. It was my first use of an airbrush so it was rough. I did no "basecoat", just shadowing and lighting.

From then, I did glazes. Very diluted same nuances of grey, and Devlan mud. Then Badab black for "lining" and that's it.

Actually it's only glazes (wet blended to the white) and pretty simple.

Out of interest how do you build up the white colour? I've been experimenting with grey base coats

Copy / paste from a few pages back :

Here's my white recipe : on a white undercoat I airbrushed a light grey (PA Air light grey 50) from beneath to give shadows, a greenish light grey (PA Air 45) for transitions and again white from atop. It was my first use of an airbrush so it was rough. I did no "basecoat", just shadowing and lighting.

From then, I did glazes. Very diluted same nuances of grey, and Devlan mud. Then Badab black for "lining" and that's it.

Actually it's only glazes (wet blended to the white) and pretty simple.

If it's your first go, I'm pretty impressed! Air brushing is something I've been meaning to try but never gotten around to.

Most of my scars are hand painted and that's...hard work!

Another question if you don't mind, PA air- is that a brand of spray paint?

I'm sorry for that, the reference is far from obvious. It's actually Vallejo paint specially designed for Airbrushes. In France the distributor is Prince August (= PA).

So Vallejo Air might be the international reference for these.

Thanks a lot Apologist. I've been a huge fan of your plog since a long time. Your support means something to me !

I've made a group shot of my first Tac squad a few pages back, and since then I've only done the Sicaran. I'll add another one when my second squad will be over (soon I hope :))

Archive source XV183K00234J - Siege of Terra - Lions Gate spaceport

Legio V - Unknown Marine of the XXIV company (Legio V idiom : brotherhood)

gallery_61390_9221_23890.jpg gallery_61390_9221_79112.jpg

Tactical Marine Hosukai

Brother Hosukai has been one the few survivors of the Breacher squads sent to slow down the Traitors' assault in the beginning of the Siege. Assigned to the 3rd Tactical squad of sergeant Hiroshai, he first kept his breacher's armour. This late campaign data-picture shows evidence of the necessity for loyalists forces to take elements from their own casualties, to compensate the lack of logistical support, especially during counter-attacks.

gallery_61390_9221_121489.jpg gallery_61390_9221_56767.jpg

Sublime stuff. I admire your willingness to work up that clean white before getting stuck in with the weathering to make them look so gritty. It really gets across the desperation of the Heresy – and gets me looking forward to more from the 5th! smile.png

The variety of parts is very fitting for the Legion, too. Are the legs on the unnamed legionary from the Khorne Berserker kit?

Thanks guys :)

Sublime stuff. I admire your willingness to work up that clean white before getting stuck in with the weathering to make them look so gritty. It really gets across the desperation of the Heresy – and gets me looking forward to more from the 5th! smile.png

The variety of parts is very fitting for the Legion, too. Are the legs on the unnamed legionary from the Khorne Berserker kit?

Indeed they are, and the torso as well.

Thanks for all your support ! I really appreciate.

Here's the rest of the demi-squad Hiroshai

This one is a OOP Mk VI Space Wolf slightly modified.

gallery_61390_9221_88281.jpg gallery_61390_9221_110862.jpg

Standart Mk III (Helmet shortened and topknot)

gallery_61390_9221_23308.jpg gallery_61390_9221_1436.jpg

Reinforced Mk III

gallery_61390_9221_38138.jpg gallery_61390_9221_105954.jpg

They've been a bit rushed, but I'm very happy with them. Will take a group shot of the demi-squad asap.

• 2 weeks later...

Archive source XIV254M000487G - Siege of Terra - Lions Gate spaceport

Legio V - Brotherhood of the Irbis - Legionary with Vexilla (Chogorian Idiom)

gallery_61390_9221_74030.jpg

These 4 Legionaries are entirely equiped of Mk IV. The former half was only Mk III and Mk VI, so I hope it will mix well altogether.

Conversions are pretty simple this time : topknots, loincloths, lightnings and a few Berserk / SW bits here and there (not much, WS are not white Space wolves ! smile.png)

gallery_61390_9221_104521.jpg

gallery_61390_9221_51261.jpg

gallery_61390_9221_4407.jpg

A small "group shot"

gallery_61390_9221_70596.jpg

Only the Sergeant and the Moritat to go

Archived