Only victory is honourable - White scars - Siege of Terra

One-eye

For the GS, I use a GW tool, some needles and a X-ACTO knife. Pretty basic but sufficent for my low skills :).

The horse hair thingie is from a GS mould that I made from a detail taken on another mini.

A whole squad/ army of guys like these will probably melt eyeballs. Another terrific model, and what I like the most is that it requires just a few additions to make them visually distinct from other legions.

"Hunt them down ! Take their heads as trophies ! So they can figure how many of them are worth each one of you, my warriors !"

Hulagu Khan

gallery_61390_9221_17192.jpg gallery_61390_9221_57445.jpg

+++

The idea behind this one was to get close to some mongol helmets with fur. gallery_61390_9221_14440.jpg

The reinforced mkIII collar is a tribute to Kapturowski awesome Iron Hands. I know it's the opposite way of traditionnal WS, but I like a lot the brutal look, and think it'll look good once painted.

Thank you guys ! Been busy with the job lately... Grrr, I have to finish the first ten before unsheathing my airbrush.

+++

" In doubt, strike again"

Anonymous source, White Scars Legion

+++

gallery_61390_9221_125451.jpg gallery_61390_9221_2739.jpg

I'm approaching the painting process smile.png Two more members of the tactical squad Pardus

+++

Archive source XV170Z00251A - Battle brother Odval (Terran) - Siege of Terra - day 38

gallery_61390_9221_128110.jpg gallery_61390_9221_39891.jpg

Archive source XV170Z00172P - Battle brother Ysai (Chogorian) - Siege of Terra - day 12

gallery_61390_9221_132997.jpg gallery_61390_9221_40192.jpg

+++

The last one was a bit of a pain to finish, but Fu-man-shu moustache must be earned. I'm quite happy with the result (close-up to spot the defaults) :

gallery_61390_9221_51731.jpg

And building a left handed Mk III was more difficult than expected. Anyway, only two to go !

The thing about Mk V is that "it could be anything". Literally. This could be a lighter version of Mk III with improved muscle fibers for better movement speed and it actually be Mk V because the design was never approved by the Mechanicum.

And on a more practical point of vue, there's no "new" kit of MkV at Forgeworld. Thus the old MkV set has only 2 types of legs and 1 type of head / torso. Which is quite poor in comparison with "Legion" Mk III or IV, which have a lot more diversity.

But I'm thinking about a MKV heavy assault squad (mixed with Reavers :))

And on a more practical point of vue, there's no "new" kit of MkV at Forgeworld. Thus the old MkV set has only 2 types of legs and 1 type of head / torso. Which is quite poor in comparison with "Legion" Mk III or IV, which have a lot more diversity.

But I'm thinking about a MKV heavy assault squad (mixed with Reavers smile.png)

There's actually a 'third' type of Mk V legs, from the Mk V assault kit. Might be able to snag one from Ebay, if you keep an eye out. (Get it? One-Eye? Keep an eye out? tongue.png )

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/large/mkVassault6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Back after two nightmarish weeks of work...

I've got to admit I laughed 1kHeathen biggrin.png You're right on the legs, but Ebay is impossible for me now... I think I'll stick to MkV and Mk II for an assault squad I'm planning. Might look more brutal there.

The ninth member of squad Pardus is ready to defend Terra's walls. I wish I could start painting this week (sergeant nearly built).

gallery_61390_9221_92280.jpg gallery_61390_9221_55938.jpg

Archived