Blood Angels 'Chapter Tactics' - what do you want to see?

teblin

If the new BA Codex has something similar to CT in the new Marine Codex, what would you like to see?

Perhaps Hammer of Wrath being 2 attacks per model, or Feel no Pain in the first round of close combat.

Every new Codex since 6th Ed has had some kind of unique element to it. Champion of Chaos, Battle Focus, CT, Powers of the Hive Mind, which didn't exist in the last version of that Codex (at least not in the same way). Why BA should be singled out as different from GW's codex writing style I don't see. Sure, they might keep it the same, but I'd be surprised if they chose not to change unique rules like they have with everyone else so far.

Also... our red thirst rule is strictly inferior to anything in the marine codex as we have only got a 1/6 chance per unit to even get it. Descent of angels is pretty good and id be surprised if we lost that. I could see us just having furious charge for all units at all times, but its still worse than anything marines get. Id wishlist for something that actually gives us an edge in CC, wolves have 3 attacks each first round due to gear loadout and counter attack whilst maintaining decent shooting, templars get access to a good weapon loadout for CC, ravenguard are better assault marines, sadly that also means most of the cool stuff is gone already lol.

Decent of Angels?

Assault Marines as Troops?

Red Thirst?

That makes three special rules...

Sorry you have bikes as troops do you not?

Also we have to assume Red Thirst doesn't exist. As it would be counter-productive to build a list around something that is more likely not to happen. At least you guys know what you have walking into a battle. We don't.

What you are asking is what changes would people like to see in the 6th edition C:BA.

"chapter tactics" are a way of differentiating "chapters" in C:SM. Different codices are codices, like C:DA, C:BA,C:SW.

Points cost for units need to be brought in line with other 6th ed. books. Other than that nothing really comes to mind.

Nor me, the op was pretty clear with the purpose of the thread, so maybe dont next time?

Chapter tactics is a C:SM thing.

So for a post to ask for "Blood Angels chapter tactics" is confusing, I explained that.

What's your point?

And the op initiated the thread by saying something similar to chapter tactics, which is totally fair enough, currently for BAs that would be the red thirst and descent of angels, one of which never comes into play for a BA mech lists and the other often never comes into play regardless (last 4 games, ive had 1 unit actually get the red thirst).

Anyway yeah, cut the guy some slack, he was clear about what he meant.

That's why I worded it as "something similar" to CT, rules that define the BA Chapter.

wallbash.gif I don't know why I bother.

I'm not the dense one here if someone fails to recognise the difference between C:SM's Chapter tactics and BA receiving their own new special rules. And those rules, much like all the other special rules that are being released, would relate to BA. Exactly the same as the current BA Codex, but I am assuming that they'll be updated just like every other Codex so far post-6th Ed.

And the op initiated the thread by saying something similar to chapter tactics, which is totally fair enough, currently for BAs that would be the red thirst and descent of angels, one of which never comes into play for a BA mech lists and the other often never comes into play regardless (last 4 games, ive had 1 unit actually get the red thirst).

Anyway yeah, cut the guy some slack, he was clear about what he meant.

Were was slack not given? I didn't point fingers and call names or make unreasonable demands.

And even managed to reply to the op.

That's why I worded it as "something similar" to CT, rules that define the BA Chapter.

wallbash.gif I don't know why I bother.

I'm not the dense one here if someone fails to recognise the difference between C:SM's Chapter tactics and BA receiving their own new special rules. And those rules, much like all the other special rules that are being released, would relate to BA. Exactly the same as the current BA Codex, but I am assuming that they'll be updated just like every other Codex so far post-6th Ed.

Who said you were dense?

The wallbash.gif was in regard to me. Not you.

I would like to see:

DOA remain.

Something to boosts our initiative buy 1 or reduce our enemies by x amount on the turn we charge.

Rage USR

Although slightly off topic, my largest fear is that GW will make DC uncontrollable again.

I think we will still have DOA (or something similar). 

If we keep DOA and Assault Marines as troops, then all we need is lowered costs and something to replace Red Thirst.  1/6 red thirst is a pointless rule.

I like DOA even though I don't use it much. I see us keeping that and I would be happy with it.

The red thirst rule I don't like. The rule is really watered down especially compared to other chapters tactics. Maybe something about every turn on the roll of a one they have to charge if they can but gain fleet.

I would also like to see a raven guard sort of jump pack rule.

Archived