Forté's Slaanesh minis. Inc. Divine Flayers.

Forté

Many thanks both of you.

@@BetterOffShred: The lightning claw is just from the Chaos Raptors set. Great place for some excellent parts. Also a good start if you want to drive yourself a little crazy with trim details ;)

@: Paint what you feel. It's rare to see Sisters armies and I've always had a soft spot for the minis. Great details a not your standard female fantasy armoured bikinis too.

I don't know if I should be happy that you put a black templar or if I should be angry since your chaos lord slain a black templar. I absolutely love The Lord btw! The different colors in their are awesome and just seem slaaneshie. Keep up the great work!

Well I can say it's amazing what you can get done when you're home alone.

Tha evening was spent doing lots of highlighting to push this much closer to being finished. Maybe I'll even have it done by the weekend...maybe.

med_gallery_29004_10691_231079.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10691_211734.jpg

med_gallery_29004_10691_256884.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10691_95560.jpg

med_gallery_29004_10691_199215.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10691_166114.jpg

Still got a way to go but he's coming together and can't wait to have him finished now.

Cheers for looking :thanks: :tu:

Those are the most realistic looking wings I have seen. The shading is awesome, it looks like an actual birds feathers.

Many thanks. Still got to highlight too.

And with no kids at home this week and my wife being busy...just saying :D

Hehe..yup, I'm pretty please with myself now. Mostly because I've finished my first vow within a month (almost a record for me), but also because my Divine Flayers finally have their Lord (which is actually my third attempt in way too many years).

Here he is...

gallery_29004_10691_14640.png

med_gallery_29004_10691_105402.jpg

med_gallery_29004_10691_17150.jpg

First up, the gaming choice. Fistyclaws (powerfist & lightning claw)

med_gallery_29004_10691_173910.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10691_200988.jpg

med_gallery_29004_10691_8151.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10691_87445.jpg

And for special occasions..Blade of the Relentless and Plasma Pistol

med_gallery_29004_10691_162529.jpg

med_gallery_29004_10691_53576.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10691_207424.jpg

Can easily admit that I'm pretty chuffed with him. The main aim was to improve over my Sorcerer and I feel I have, just about. Hope you like, or dispise him ;)

So what's next then...well...I think the Iron Warrior Champion that I added to the Flayers may have a couple of pieces of armour with excessive shell size and blast radius. And I may be attempting a display piece of a plague Lord in TDA, though that wont be usable in games while he's wading through shin deep, corpse riddled liquid.

Till then, I have rivets to glue and warpflame gargoyles to figure out.

Cheers for popping in (unless you a Templar, don't worry, the Marine on the base isn't dead. He wasn't a good enough challenge devil.gif ).

C&C always, always very welcome thanks.gifthumbsup.gif

Your best bet is to look at Andy Wardle's space marines on Facebook. He demonstrated his technique at Salute which he does for NMM and marine armour.

What he does is starts with a base of the darkest colour and do about three coats of each mix he use all the way up to an off white dot. But he covers a smaller area each time as it builds up the opacity.

Nemitus, a name emblazoned on my coal black heart 

An inspired showing, at least in terms of shallow, surface-level aesthetics, but I'd expect nothing less...  from you.

Just know that one day I shall see your flayer flayed.  ~♠

Nemitus, a name emblazoned on my coal black heart

An inspired showing, at least in terms of shallow, surface-level aesthetics, but I'd expect nothing less... from you.

Just know that one day I shall see your flayer flayed. ~♠

I do love how much the sight of him stings your pride ;)

Do you have a picture of your entire army? I'd love to see they all look together! thumbsup.gif

Maybe after the ETL. Looking at adding troops during the Call of Chaos.

Archived