Forté's Slaanesh minis. Inc. Divine Flayers.

Forté

Finally, finally, and finally again. The Raptors are done! And just in time for ETL III too woot.gif

So here comes a wall of colour biggrin.png

med_gallery_29004_2673_301482.jpg

Obligatory squad pic. Not quite the Backstreet Boys but they'll sound much better.

med_gallery_29004_2673_61544.jpgmed_gallery_29004_2673_150124.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_20223.jpgmed_gallery_29004_2673_70229.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_109273.jpgmed_gallery_29004_2673_106063.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_85467.jpgmed_gallery_29004_2673_114374.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_116576.jpgmed_gallery_29004_2673_17676.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_206239.jpgmed_gallery_29004_2673_25058.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_148341.jpgmed_gallery_29004_2673_67312.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_61276.jpgmed_gallery_29004_2673_166367.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_130402.jpgmed_gallery_29004_2673_22255.jpg

So that's them put to bed and my time now put into prep work ready for the next three months of madness (go Chaos!).

Have to say, thank you for your support as I know this has been a long thing. And all for a small squad of 6 too. Till next time thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

SO awesome. I especially love the face-hat... and the champion... and all the variation in the trims...

Cheers. Already getting mixed comments about the trim colours. So must be on the right track ;)

SO awesome. I especially love the face-hat... and the champion... and all the variation in the trims...

Cheers. Already getting mixed comments about the trim colours. So must be on the right track msn-wink.gif

Not everyone can handle the glories of slaanesh.

Fantastic!

Love the colours (and flesh...especially atop the Mk.6 helm).

Damned fine work!

(It looks like they're a good kit too...?)

Many thanks.

It is a good kit. Though I admit I'm keeping some of the best bits for Noise Marines. The trim drove me a bit nuts but wouldn't have been so bad if I did it all one colour. Couldn't be doing that though could I ;)

Excellent. I was thinking I might get some Raptors to spice up my eventual bikers.

Very much looking forward to seeing your ETL3 work BTW!

Cheers and I hope I can get some momentum going on ETL3. Have a few things I want to get done for it.

gallery_29004_9303_213866.png

Finally it's here. ETL III. We've all been talking about it and now we can get going so here's my starting point and I'll post my progress here too.

This was my first vow:
I, forte, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines: 1 Sorcerer (counts as Ahriman) and 1 Forgefiend with Ectoplasma head upgrade, for a total value of 430 points on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Divine Flayers and Slaanesh while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

And here's how the prep has gone.
Sorcerer (count as Ahriman)
med_gallery_29004_9523_24349.jpg

Forgefiend. Which still need work for the weapon mounts.
med_gallery_29004_9523_1090025.jpg

I have a few questions I'd like to throw out the to you all.

1. How much flayed flesh to put on the Sorcerer? I'm thinking a face on the right shoulder mainly.
  2. I'm thinking of adding flesh to the staff but do I a.) do it like the current GW chaos marine cables to look like a tube of flesh (intestine?) has been pulled over it, or b.) make it look like flesh has been wrapped and stitched or riveted together?
  3. Do I put flayed skin on the Forgefiend? I'm currently in the mind that the daemon engine wouldn't be bothered about that sort of thing and enjoy annihilating anyone who tried to add some on.

Your input is always respected and I look forward to any responses or ideas thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

1. Not too much, I would much more prefer so see some tomes with painted backs in flesh tones. It would be more fitting IMO. Perhaps a loincloth and a stripe or two of flayed flesh on the backpack with some glowing arcane text on it (Temple Guard Blue). 

2. Put some greenstuff around the cables or at best paint the handle in a fleshy texture. But not much flesh I would say.

3. Actually the Forgefiend has already some fleshy areas but I would favor more some gore and meat chunks on the base rather flayed skins on the hull. 

1. Not too much, I would much more prefer so see some tomes with painted backs in flesh tones. It would be more fitting IMO. Perhaps a loincloth and a stripe or two of flayed flesh on the backpack with some glowing arcane text on it (Temple Guard Blue).

2. Put some greenstuff around the cables or at best paint the handle in a fleshy texture. But not much flesh I would say.

3. Actually the Forgefiend has already some fleshy areas but I would favor more some gore and meat chunks on the base rather flayed skins on the hull.

Got some good ideas to work with here.

Had thought of painting the book like it's bound in skin of some kind. The cables on the model, I'd completely overlooked them for some reason. And I'll have another ready over the Forgefiend fluff as I vaguely remember something about them eating things to power their weapons. Looks like a use for some imperial bits.

So far these are the ideas/suggestions that are jumping out at me.

Sorcerer:

»Skin bound book

»Face belt/sash

»Skin covering cables like other current Chaos models

»Skin stitched round the staff

»Skin strips with glowing runes hanging from armour

»Face on shoulder

»Flesh masked Nurgling with tools instead of imp?

Forgefiend:

»Cultists chained to it and feeding the forge at the sides. Body parts in hand and on ground

»Slaanesh rune growing through top plate

»Kneeling cultist hacking at a body for parts. Beastman legs.

Great stuff from all and I'll hopefully get working on some of these tonight. Depending on anything else that gets added too :thanks: :tu:

+ + + ETL3 UPDATE 1 + + +

Here we go with my first update on my ETL3 vow. Not too much has happened really but I managed to get a bit of sculpting done last night and for the first time tried using a mix of Kneadatite (green stuff) and Milliput white. I can see why others do this as you do get more of the feel of green stuff but it cures rock hard. I do feel like I had too much of the Milli as it felt really firm and wasn't as easy to push around as usual. It's also a bit more prone to stick to your tools too.

I'll start with the bits I'm pretty happy with. Which are all on the Sorcerer.

med_gallery_29004_9523_128341.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_36090.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_40332.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_37697.jpg

Pretty happy with how the cables, belt, and shoulder turned out. The little book just had the skull detail removed and some liquid green stuff dabbed on for a bit of odd texture. I do still need to add nose bumps to both the faces (with the belt one being quite stretched). And I thought I'd add a picture of his little friend too, which is a really old GW scenery piece I've had since '96 (and it was catalogue only then).

I did try to add skin on the staff but the GS/Milli mix wouldn't really work that thin so next session will be pure GS.

Now onto the Forgefiend. I'm not 100% happy with how that went while trying to put the ideas into action. The rune on top is ok but I need to go back with GS and add the torn and broken metal around it. I added a SM torso, head, and arms to the base which is upright so they'll be a bit of a blood pool under it. Also changed the middle weapon mounts into odd fleshy mouths which look a bit odd but I'm planning to paint those with an OSL as if they are the way to feed the forge. Few joints need finishing and more base work to be done. Here he is so far.

med_gallery_29004_9523_101561.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_222526.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_101068.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_17796.jpg

And the rune so far

med_gallery_29004_9523_79687.jpg

Well there we go. Already 5 days gone and not even primed. Still quicker than usual for me on one of these.

As always thanks for your time. C&C is very welcome and be as critical as you like. So long as it's constructive. You may see something I've overlooked. And best of luck with your own vows (so long as it's to Chaos) thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

Yes, that rune is excellent!

Fine work.

Where is the head on 'Ahriman' from?

It's from the Warriors of Chaos Chariot ;)

Have you tried using any of the Necron flayed ones?

I haven't but I've seen others use parts. That and I have a hatred of finecast.

Bit of progress tonight and a few changes to the plans too.

First up. Forgefiend.

I still have to work on a cultist for the base but otherwise it's pretty much ready for priming now.

med_gallery_29004_9523_215881.jpg

Happier with the rune now too.

As for the sorcerer. I added a nose to the shoulder face and decided to stop there. Rather than skin on the staff I'm thinking a dark marble.

med_gallery_29004_9523_14235.jpg

Let me know what you think. And hopefully all your ETL vows are going well :thanks: :tu:

+++ETL III UPDATE 3+++

Managed some painting. Was hoping to get the bases done but tried some Vallejo Glaze Medium in the dark wash and found it really slows drying time. So I ended up blocking in some colours on the sorcerer as the Forgefiend had a few areas I hit with the same wash as the bases.

Thinking on pastel blue/almost white coat, turquoise robes, and purple armour with a bright gold trim. I'm almost tempted to paint his skin almost like obsidian or a metal with a glowing rune and eyes. Gloves I've not decided on yet but possibly pale pink with black trim.

med_gallery_29004_9523_201160.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_55518.jpg

Sorry about the pic quality but thanks for looking. Till next time :thanks: :tu:

I've fallen far behind on the updates. It is awesome to see those raptors finished, they look fantastic!

The fiend is looking great with the rune on the back instead of the star and the sorcerer is looking the business!

I've fallen far behind on the updates. It is awesome to see those raptors finished, they look fantastic!

The fiend is looking great with the rune on the back instead of the star and the sorcerer is looking the business!

Many thanks. I've slacked off a few days. Partly due to painters block believe it or not. But I think I may be back on track again.

Archived