Forté's Slaanesh minis. Inc. Divine Flayers.

Forté

Also temporarily out of stock. Which is due to GW getting rid of all it's metal stock. These will be in resin if they start to sell them again.

When you're done painting that forgefiend and sorcerer, you should drop the paintbrush like a mic and walk off stage, because no Slaaneshi painter can top that business.

They look a-*MAZE*-ing. Keep it up buddy!

hes got to stick his right arm up in the air as he walks off like the guy from breakfast club. 

http://writeandsleep.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/the-breakfast-club-1985-01-630-751.jpg

just realized i wouldnt mind a coat like that, but im such a short arse id look like yoda as it drags behind me

gonna crack open the witch elves later and have a play about with bits, ill stick two complete ones aside (with the variant head and other bits) and ill see if there is any other bits that might come in handy then get em in the post with the transfers. need any high elf bits? 

You asked that before. Check us some pics on FB and I'll have a look ;)

Don't suppose there were any of those silicone clay shapers? Cheeky I know :D

+++ ETL3 UPDATE 9 +++

Yet another late night session that went well into the morning. I'm going to be in trouble today if the kids realise I only got two hours sleep and will find it easy to nod off. Such is the power of painting to eat away the hours.

So then...I focused on the Sorcerer because he has more detail going on and I thing alternating the sessions between the two models will see me finishing them before mid June. Well, that's the plan anyway. I mainly focused on the two biggest areas (robes and cloak) so I can work on the smaller parts next time, but I did get some metalwork done too.

med_gallery_29004_9523_86600.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_23283.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_35733.jpg

I think I need to hit the turquoise with another glaze to soften the highlights a bit more as I did jump a little on the colours. Maybe I should learn to wet blend. I stippled the final layer on the white and I'm pretty happy with it (though daylight may tell me different). The photo doesn't really show the metal properly but it does go all the way to Mithril Silver at the brightest points.

And my list of things still to do on him:

• Gold trim/ staff/ gun
  • Flayed skin finished
  • Face finished
  • Skulls
  • Main staff area finished
  • Glove trim
  • Pouches/ straps/ book
  • Backpack arms finished
  • Glowing runes added to some skin areas
  • Freehand on cloak (I'm a little unsure on this as painting onto white doesn't leave much room for error. That and I'm not sure what to paint apart from the Slaanesh rune)

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. C&C always welcome as are ideas, suggestions, and lots of coffee (black, no sugar please) thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

could make amusing comments involving spoons, but its ya wife so ill not go there... even i have my limits, now if she has a sister then its (good will) hunting season... 

Before people ask if I've painted more, yes I have. But only the turquoise on the Forgefiend and that took longer than it should have. And no, I've not photographed it. My eyes have been pretty tired which doesn't help with painting but I've not totally wasted my time. I've been building a Stormsword for my second ETL3 vow so I'll be able to just crack on and paint that after the current vow is completed.

What I have been introduced to though is a FREE PDF magazine which I hope in posting a link doesn't violate B&C rule (if it does, please could a mod let me know and I'll adjust this post accordingly. Cheers). Portal Magazine. Full of really good tutorials, sexy painting, beautiful modelling, and loads of other stuff.

http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/downloads/issue%2036%20cover_4Tj.png

Just click on the pic for the link.

And I'll do a proper ETL update very soon.

Edit due to multiple post of the same thing...oops.

Ok you talked me into a proper update with pics and waffle ;)

I worked on the armour plates for the Forgefiend. Only took nearly three hours and about seven layers...why...I don't know really. I may still add a bit of marble effect to the larger turquoise plates to break the colour up a bit too. The guns have had some colour too but is barely visible due to it being a Chaos Black & Metallic Medium colour which I have washed with Badab Black (it's only on the main body of the guns, not the barrels).

med_gallery_29004_9523_814442.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_739787.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_1126708.jpg

And the tongue

sml_gallery_29004_9523_80249.jpgsml_gallery_29004_9523_214890.jpg

Needs a few more washes and some highlights. Shame you can't see the red veins too.

And that's it for vow 1...

Vow 2 building however

med_gallery_29004_9523_686232.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_659328.jpg

One Stormsword and various bits I plan to add after I've gone at it with a dremel at the areas which are likely to come into contact with things like walls, Imperialist heads, etc.

Oh, and

med_gallery_29004_9523_466476.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_480352.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_137728.jpg

Banesword or Shadowsword options thanks to magnets.

Cheers for looking and don't forget C&C is more than welcome thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

Ok you talked me into a proper update with pics and waffle msn-wink.gif

Yeah I really twisted your arm in my last post biggrin.png

Awesome pics man, I'm still amazed by the amount of effort you put in your models - and the stunning results.

One question though: what is the difference between this and your ETL thread?huh.png

Ok you talked me into a proper update with pics and waffle msn-wink.gif

Yeah I really twisted your arm in my last post biggrin.png

Awesome pics man, I'm still amazed by the amount of effort you put in your models - and the stunning results.

One question though: what is the difference between this and your ETL thread?huh.png

This one will have all my Slaanesh stuff over time where the ETL one will be left to wander once the ETL finishes. That's it really.

Whoa, that's a hell of a vow. Looking forward to seeing how this shapes up!

Not vowed yet. Need to finish the first one. Been building this when I can't paint.

Woo hoo!! I almost forgot what painting in daylight is like. Even two hours felt great. As you can see my lovely wife printed me off some backgrounds (cheers for the idea Semper & thanks as always to the Massive Voodoo crew).

med_gallery_29004_9523_50719.jpg

Sorcerer is getting close but I'll be doing the gold on both models at the same time and as you can see the fiend isn't quite to that point.

med_gallery_29004_9523_159669.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_473069.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_375065.jpg

I attempted an OSL look to the rune but am not totally sure on it so I'll look again later.

Thank you for keeping me going on this too. For those in the Chaos Faction in the ETL3, it's time to start completing those first vows (me included) and getting those second ones in (realistic ones you will finish), especially those with Soul Vows.

As always C&C is always welcome. Got to learn and improve somehow thumbsup.gif

Just a little proof that I've not been sitting on my hands where the ETL is concerned. No, I've not managed to paint unfortunately but the Stormsword for my 2nd vow is ready for priming (once the green stuff has cured that is)

med_gallery_29004_9523_1282.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_105094.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_25061.jpg

The main weapon is magnetized too so can be a Stormsword, Shadowsword, or Banesword.

Not much left for vow 1 so should have finished pics hopefully in the next few days thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

Archived