Terminators! I love using these guys in games. It's so Night Lords to just deep strike 'm in the middle of your enemy's army and see how the F up your opponent's battle plan. Mayhem!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/2013-11-15141009_zps6acfeca4.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/2013-11-15141405_zpse044221c.jpg

Unfortunately these where also painted before I discoverd the secret of Rhinox Hide Base + Leadbelcher Drybrush for perfect metal. So I will need to repaint the metal parts at some point.

Black Templars are loud and shouty. You might know what you're doing, but you'll never hear us coming msn-wink.gif

When your foot is pinned in the track, it doesn't matter whether the train engine makes a lot of sound or not. It doesn't matter whether you sit there quietly or scream.

You have a problem. whistlingW.gif

Just so we don't completely derail Brother Augustus thread, very nice looking terminators. As you pointed out, they do look a tad brighter than your other troopers, but you did say that you were going to address that.

I'm still very impressed with the work you did on the Fire Raptor.

Second post for the 47th Company.

The company includes two squads of Plague Marines. I know, I know, our midnight Clad friends look down on worshippers of Chaos, but hey, Vandred was corrupted by Tzeentch, Uzas by Khorne, and Cyrion by Slaanesh. With Grandfather Nurgle sharing their dark sense of humor, I figured there'd probably be some plague marines among the Night Lords.

The color scheme used the same techniques as my regular Night Lords and the VMA Insignia Blue base colour, but highlights up from VMA German Grey to VMA Barley Grey. I also mixed some VLM Copper into my regular VLM Old Gold for the edging. The tubing and crests are highlighted with GW Mechrite Red mixed with GW Elf Flesh in stead of the usual GW Macharian Solar Orange.

14th Claw. Night Lords Plague Marines led by Urath Targalor, euphemistically called "Face" by his fellow Night Lords. Targalor was a terran and had a reputation as being tough as nails, even amongst his comrades. He miraculously survived a chemical attack by a Death Guard contingent after a dispute over mining rights. From thereon his humor grew darker, eventually succumbing to the whispers of Nurgle. His natural charisma led all of his fellow squad members to eventually follow him onto the path of decay, along with his oath-sworn brother Daleth Onn, sergeant of 17th claw. By order of Contemptor-Captain Zhaeqal, both claws are quarantined from 47th Company's fleet by travelling aboard a captured Imperial freighter since mid-M33.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/2013-11-15152713_zpsb0276c63.jpg

17th Claw. Night Lords Plague Marines led my Daleth Onn. Onn was corrupted to the whispers of Nurgle by his oath-sworn brother Urath Targalor in M32. His demeanor is more serious than that of Urath, which is accentuated by the fact that the skin of his skull has rotten off almost completely. Being of more serious stock than Targalor, Onn has corrupted his fellow squad members with his strong and forceful oratory. They carry a banner holding the caged remains of Andreas Indraga-Hall, the former captain of the freighter they are forced to sail. Indraga-Hall famously survived fifteen months and three major 17th Claw engagements in the cage, becoming a mascot of sorts to the Claw. On the field of battle, his screaming served as inspiration to the Claw and terrified the foe. He was eventually mercy-killed by an Imperial sniper and is remembered by 17th Claw in several sarcastic songs, which they cheerfully chant during engagements.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/2013-11-15152931_zpsf05ad02b.jpg

Relic Predator with Plasma Destructor, "Oculus Tempesta"

Oculus Tempesta was captured from the Iron Hands in the aftermath of the Dropsite Massacre on Istvaan V. The dismembered, stripped and flayed remains of several of the original crew members still adorn the driver's blast shield. It was used to destroy the fortifications of Lord Rall Hishoc during the Dolan VI Campaign against the Blood Angels.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/20131115_125536_zps0853d56c.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/20131115_125711_zpsfa996eda.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/20131115_125644_zps2bc0261f.jpg

I like every single pic you posted in a last few days. Your blue maybe seems to bright but that can be because of lightning and I can find any flaw with look or "feel" of your troops. Great...

Just so we don't completely derail Brother Augustus thread, very nice looking terminators. As you pointed out, they do look a tad brighter than your other troopers, but you did say that you were going to address that.

I'm still very impressed with the work you did on the Fire Raptor.

Thanks to both of you! If you like the posts, feel free to click 'm over at the like button! biggrin.png

On the brightness issue, I don't see 'Midnight Blue' as super dark blue. When you look at this picturesque picture, you'll see that the night sky isn't that dark near the horizons. And away from the horizons it's just black. So I figured the Night Lords' armour being decribed as 'Midnight Blue', it has shades of dark to light blue in it, just like in this picture.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/funny%20pics/midnight1_zpsba2b8672.jpg
That being said, I did start out a little too bright. I've been toning down the VMA Light Sea Blue highlights recently. As you've hopefully noticed 13th Claw is darker than 8th Claw - they were painted later. I'll never go super dark blue, as dark armour makes it harder to create chipping, rust and oil streaks etc. biggrin.png

Nice terminators man, also glad you found the beauty of photobucket. Now post those bad boys over in the showcase thread!

Thanks again! Photobucket is way easier than uploading here.

And sorry for the constant editing - I'm still a bit of a noob here. ;-)

Very impressive looking Predator and an excellent conversion. I do have a couple of questions for you:

1. Regarding the  Vallejo Barley Grey, I've not heard of this color before. I'm guessing that it is a brownish grey, is that correct? Is it a lighter color?

2. The skeleton in the cage is a great bit. Where does it come from? I'm guessing WFB, but not sure what kit.

Also, an interesting take on the Nurgle marines. They turned out great and I think I spy with my little eye some real classics in there. Although I don't think of NL as aligning with any power, as you stated, Nurgle is an interesting choice. I don't tend to think of Nurgle as "stealthy", but you did pull this off. It might  be interesting to see if you could swing a "wasting" disease version, i.e. instead of bloated, more wraith like because the disease is causing them to become emaciated. Just a random thought.

Cheers,

Here's the Obliterators I promised in a PM and my Daemon Prince, with Armour, Wings and the Black Mace of course - because let's face it, why would you not invest in that piece of awesomeness when you have already spend a Land Raider's worth of points in a single model?

Behold!

Kal Hazeri, Daemon Prince of Chaos and lieutenant to Captain Tol Zhaeqal. Known to be a diplomat as well as a fierce warrior, Hazeri rose quickly through the ranks of the 47th Company under Tol Zhaeqal. He was eventually pulled into the fold of the Night Hunter's inner circle of advisors and trustees. During the Great Crusade, Hazeri was often sent to parley with enemies deemed too valuable to destroy completely by the fledgling Imperium. His silken words of truce, diplomacy and reason, however, also brought him at odds with Primarch's dark and sullen character. After a particularly heated debate, Kurze demoted Hazeri to equerry to his former captain, Tol Zhaeqal. A bitter, but hidden rivalry soon erupted between Hazeri and his captain. Using his standing among his brothers, Zhaeqal twisted Hazeri's reputation as diplomat into that of a snake-tongued, lying weakling, unworthy of his gene-seed, and Hazeri was forced to submit to Zhaeqal's power. This left a bitter seed, which the denizen's of the Immaterium used to corrupt and twist Hazeri's mind. Soon after the betrayal of Istvaan V, Hazeri gave himself fully to the whispers of Chaos, starting to show physical manifestations of his corruption in early M32. Tol Zhaeqal manages to reign in Hazeri's influence in the company, but Hazeri's standing among his brothers is slowly increasing. His daemonic allies aid Hazeri by gifting his forces with engines of war, strengthened by the power of Chaos. Zhaeqal acknowledges the tactical advantages of these engines, but detests their origin. A fragile caese-fire now stands between Zhaeqal and Hazeri , which is held mainly because Hazeri 's Vengeance Class Grand Cruiser is no match for Zhaeqal's Desolator Battleship.  Zhaqael has contained Hazeri's followers by designating them as 'The Lost'.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140204_098_zps90bac348.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140204_101_zps9b147b6d.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140204_103_zpsd324dd76.jpg

Obliterator Cult. Former 2nd Claw Terminators. Known by their sobriquet of "Dusk's Agony", these Night Lords are part of the contingent led by Dalur Khalethec. Under his influence these terminators have slowly embraced the whispers of Chaos. Over the centuries, they have merged with their armour and now are hosts to several denizens of the warp. Distrusted and despised by their brethren, they have chosen to join Khelethec's host and came aboard his Cruiser, where they aid 47th company's corrupted Techmarine Yos'd Arukhil in creating Daemon engines. During engagements, they go to war fielding weapons of unknown designation. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/ObliteratorFront_zpsd5d54ac5.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/ObliteratorRight_zps0b67d7ae.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/ObliteratorLeft_zpsbf151de2.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/ObliteratorBack_zps205a95b3.jpg

Note: I tried GW Blood for the Blood God on these models and I detest the result and regret using it very much. It is WAY too shiny for my taste.

Very impressive looking Predator and an excellent conversion. I do have a couple of questions for you:

1. Regarding the  Vallejo Barley Grey, I've not heard of this color before. I'm guessing that it is a brownish grey, is that correct? Is it a lighter color?

2. The skeleton in the cage is a great bit. Where does it come from? I'm guessing WFB, but not sure what kit.

Also, an interesting take on the Nurgle marines. They turned out great and I think I spy with my little eye some real classics in there. Although I don't think of NL as aligning with any power, as you stated, Nurgle is an interesting choice. I don't tend to think of Nurgle as "stealthy", but you did pull this off. It might  be interesting to see if you could swing a "wasting" disease version, i.e. instead of bloated, more wraith like because the disease is causing them to become emaciated. Just a random thought.

Cheers,

Thanks man! 

1. Barley Grey is a lighter Grey, with a strange kind of bluish tan to it. I could desribe it as being to light grey as Khaki is to Beige. Look it up here: 

2. It's from the WFB Giant kit. I ordered a couple of 'm from a bits site.

Your idea is great, but I won;t be making any more Nurgle Claws. I'll just add one member to each squad to get to lucky number 7. ;-)

I'm kinda curious about the Plague marines too. Are they older models I am not familiar with? I don't recognize those awesome kaiser helmets. 

The Warmaster nailed it! There's also a couple of bits from the Forsaken WHF Warriors of Chaos, Plague Bearer's, WHF Vampire Counts Grave Guard kits in there. Their legs are MKIII Iron Armour legs, from FW. Plague Marines should wear heavy armour, in my opinion. Maybe I'll write some fluff about them being part of the former Breacher Formations. :-)

Have a DG army here myself (both eras now!)... and those FW Plague Marines look awesome and actually convert well into the NL format.  Your use of the MkIII legs is just icing on the cake for me, super sweet.  Just one minor twinkle... shouldn't they be in groups of 7 ? ;)

Your Oblits make my recent conversions look like blocks of plasticine gone wrong!  Wonderful creations with a lot of conversion work - excellent stuff :)

Alright, I know that I asked for more... But now you're just showing off.

Seriously good amazing stuff. Are the oblits made from Centurions?

Haha, thanks, but it's just me being Night Lordish. Terror tactics and whatnot. I've just been quietly painting these in a little nook in the corner here over the last year, and then suddenly BAM!!! there they are. msn-wink.gif Seriously though, it's a true story. I was just painting by myself and then I found this NL community here in B&C last week I've been a member for about 2-3 years, but was never active. It's Flint and Heinrich's fault I'm here now! Blame them!

The Obliterators have indeed been made from centurions and some other bits. The muscles are green stuff and surprisingly easy to do actually. Roll a ball until it has two pointy-ish sides, stick it where you want the muscle and then use a rubber sculpting tool to draw creases. Repeat until it looks like an arm. Show of in the mirror to make something of an anatomically correctly muscled arm. biggrin.png I found that making the creases deeper then 'naturally feels right' makes the best effect. biggrin.png

What kit/kits did you use to convert the fire raptor?

And this is shaping up to be an absolutely beautiful army. Well done brother.

Thank you very much smile.png It's the Fire Raptor model. The only real conversion is the reaper battery, which just replaces the four autocannons with Chaos Terminator four reaper autocannons. The night lords sym bols on the wings are FW NL door symbols cut out and sanded down to fit, the one up front is a FW WB door skull cut out and sanded and the lower jawe removed, plus wings from the NL helmets, and the ones on the side are Lord of Skulls skulls cut out from the daemon crest (see for a tutorial the one on page one of this thread) with Dark Eldar scourges wings. The skulls are mostly Secret Weapon (Sack 'o) Skullswith actual 1mm nails through them. The gunners have Chaos Warrior helmets and the pilot has a Chaos body, a Khorne berzerker skull helmet with the crest cut off and a NL shoulder pad. The Avenger bolt cannon bots have been replazed with the Muzzles from the Forgefiend Hades Autocannons.

Have a DG army here myself (both eras now!)... and those FW Plague Marines look awesome and actually convert well into the NL format. Your use of the MkIII legs is just icing on the cake for me, super sweet. Just one minor twinkle... shouldn't they be in groups of 7 ? msn-wink.gif

Your Oblits make my recent conversions look like blocks of plasticine gone wrong! Wonderful creations with a lot of conversion work - excellent stuff smile.png

Thanks man! I am interested in your DG amry! Do you have a plog? If so, put link in signature! biggrin.png

Sadly no plog for me... I have a terrible work rate and an even more awful painting rate ... mostly due to distractions and a lack of gaming groups.  My building rate has definitely picked up this year, but my plan was to get nearly everything built before I strip down the desk and setup to paint it all ... (famous last words with so much grey!)

If I ever get anything pictured, I'll be sure to send you a link :)

Sadly no plog for me... I have a terrible work rate and an even more awful painting rate ... mostly due to distractions and a lack of gaming groups. My building rate has definitely picked up this year, but my plan was to get nearly everything built before I strip down the desk and setup to paint it all ... (famous last words with so much grey!)

If I ever get anything pictured, I'll be sure to send you a link smile.png

A shame! Might you grace us with a picture of your desk of awesomeness? A desk full of mini's is always a good sight, IMO. BTW about the plague marines, you are absolutely right. I will build and paint two more, one for each Claw. :D

Those obliterators are awesome, and so is your extensive conversion work and paint job over all on your army.

Thanks man!

Ok, some more pics of the 47th Company, the Night’s Reapers. I’m more than half-way through the army now. I decided to wait with posting pictures of some older models until I have fixed the metal on them. Here’s my biker contingent, headed by a Lord on bike, and a vindicator.

Kurth Hermod, Lieutenant to Contemptor-Captain Tol Zhaeqal and commander of the 47th Company’s biker contingent. Hermod is a Terran by birth and known for his calculating demeanor. His exploits include the continued harassment and destruction of Imperial food convoys to the impenetrable Fortress-Hives of Balor VI, causing the city’s eventual doom. After the eleven month siege,the capital hive of Elerton formally surrendered and opened its gates and landing bays to what they expected would be a ceremonial contingent of the Night Lords. Instead, the entirety of the Night Lords of 47th company flooded into the Hive. The company proceeded to enact a brutal vengeance on the hive’s population, slaughtering and hunting down nine out of every ten denizens. The remaining ten percent was stripped naked and ordered to walk through the toxic soil and poisoned air to the other hives -some more than 1500 kilometers away- to deliver word of the Night Lords demands. Balor VI is now a Dead World. Hermod was heralded as the brilliant mind behind the ploy. His analytical demeanor made him a close ally of sergeant Daleth Onn of 17th Claw early in the Great Crusade. In recent years, Hermod has taken to the company of Onn’s Claw, and he is often recorded as spending time aboard the Phasellus Leprae, the Freighter 17th Claw calls home.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/BikeLord_zpsb15b1c94.jpg

9th Claw, part of 47th Company’s biker contingent, known as the ‘Harvesters of Fear’ and led by Ayded Erlik. Erlik is a Nostraman and known for the cruel pleasure he takes from the killing of infants as a means of interrogation. The Claw is often dispatched when the enemy is already broken and retreating, and tasked with running down fleeing infantry, capturing officers and destroying armor. Arlik is known to hold a grudge against a member of 14th Claw, Url Dekken. Dekken once stole and ate the corpse of an infant that Erlik had tortured for months and was savoring for a special occasion. Because of this grudge, Erlik is suspicious of Lieutenant Kurth Hermod’s recent visits to the Phasellus Leprae.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Bikes1_zps4a474d2b.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Bikes2_zps5be53e80.jpg

Vindicator, Heavy Support Vehicle attached to 47th Company. Designated ‘Will Breaker’, this vindicator is armed with an unknown pattern Demolisher Cannon. It is fielded during rare siege operations and famously shot down a Valkyrie in mid-take-off during the siege of the Governmental Palace of Tarin III.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140205_008_zps733a4682.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140205_009_zpsc35b65d3.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140205_010_zps0a075e79.jpg

Note: The 'Big Momma Cannon' Rhino-fit is produced by puppetswar.

That Vindi is awesome! I understand the power of the tank, but have never wanted to own one, that thing on the other hand .....

"A shame! Might you grace us with a picture of your desk of awesomeness? A desk full of mini's is always a good sight, IMO. BTW about the plague marines, you are absolutely right. I will build and paint two more, one for each Claw. biggrin.png"

That's the spirit, Papa Nurgle will be proud sick.gif :D ... ahem ... You make a good point, my minis are scattered in multiple places, but if I can find some time I will see what I can do for you.

Also, tortured an infant for months? Thats the most resilient child I've ever heard of.

Ha! Meh, yhat *is* a somewhat unrealistically resilient child. Or a skilled torturer. Anyway, it's 40k -who cares about realism? ;-) Night Lords fluff to me is this: take two horrible things and combine them. In this case: Torture and Children. (OK, Torture OF Children. Children in themselves aren't horrible. At least not all of them). And long torture is worse than short torture, right?. Hence the 'months'. :D

Archived