Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Augustus' 47th Co. Night Lords Showcase

Konrad Curze Nostramo Nostraman In Midnight Clad Ave Dominus Nox Night Lords Chaos Nights Reapers

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts

Maaaaaaaaaate! Each of these tanks, so, so awesome. They all look excellent and with the attention to small details, they all fit so well witht he army theme. Group shot of them?

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
  • Faction: Screams of Despair (Night Lords Warband)

Thanks , Wicced! I'm glad you liked the helmet idea, because it is my most favourite part and a recent 'innovation' in my trophy repertoire. thumbsup.gif

it's a great addition to your repertoire :tu:

how are they affixed? looks like a small nail to me

'Death haunts the darkness and he knows your names! ' - Night Haunter -Untitled_zps417f1393.png

check out my Night Lords WIP! now with fluff msn-wink.gif
Screams of Despair

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,839 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

Maaaaaaaaaate! Each of these tanks, so, so awesome. They all look excellent and with the attention to small details, they all fit so well witht he army theme. Group shot of them?

Group shot of them? Your wish is my command, Midnight Runner! Here's a couple:

2015-05-31%2013.19.19_zps9pdwcfve.jpg

2015-05-31%2013.18.40_zpsmyeqodi2.jpg

Spoiler

how are they affixed? looks like a small nail to me

They're actually just superglued to the surface. I then drill a 1mm hole through the helmet and the surface, and then cut off the head of a 1mm nail and insert it in the drilled hole with the point facing outwards. :tu:

• Kurgan the Lurker, Midnightmare, Pearson73 and 2 others like this

Liberame

Liberame

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 549 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

looks like slabs of bacon nailed to the hull, would totally be worth dying for lol

ETL_2013_Forum_Champion_09_Honour.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_03_DA.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_10_Honour.jpgPearl_of_Ultramar_Badge_Small_V2.jpgArtisan_s_Gambit_Badge.jpgBellum_Aeternus_02_Titanis_Belli_Badge_0Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013C.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gif

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,839 posts

looks like slabs of bacon nailed to the hull, would totally be worth dying for lol

gfIHeSN.gif

Flint13

Flint13

++ GLACIES FORTIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,704 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters XII
Looking quite lovely!

I never noticed before now how realistic the little blood dribbles are underneath the trophies look. Do you have any special method for those or just kinda feel out what looks right for each?
"You roared your defiance, now scream your regret." ~Jhadek Redcrow
"This is my lady-mod voice." Posted Image
"NOTICE ME Khârn-SENPAI!"

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,839 posts

^^ I kinda just do what feels right. I do use a really old size 0 brush, of which I use the splayed edges as an advantage - because they make tiny blood flecks and spots. Other than that, I just imagine where gravity would draw the leaking blood to, and paint that. And depending on how much blood would still be in the trophy, I do the amount. So plenty for heads and limbs, and a medium amount for hands and skin. :tu:

• Flint13 likes this

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,839 posts

Ha! Double post! I finished the Brass Scorpion.

Man was this mother a chore to paint. Building was ok - I like a challenge. But in order to construct it sturdy enough, it has to be assembled almost completely - which makes it a real pain to paint. But man am I happy with the result now that it is finished! ANYWAY, here he is.

2015-06-14%2011.06.31_zpss02okzzq.jpg

2015-06-14%2011.06.21_zpsbbuak7gp.jpg

2015-06-14%2011.06.10_zpshgv6k4qu.jpg

2015-06-14%2011.06.00_zpsbawwrgit.jpg

2015-06-14%2011.05.49_zpsnkwhv3m3.jpg

2015-06-14%2011.05.31_zpstjmuw1bj.jpg

2015-06-14%2011.05.13_zpsv8alxz0f.jpg

2015-06-14%2011.04.41_zpsd24vhasu.jpg

Awesome details of this beautiful kit.

2015-06-14%2011.08.47_zpsiieskcls.jpg

And the base.

2015-06-14%2011.08.46_zpsh21x8q6c.jpg

Hope you like! And as always, feedback more than welcome. 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 14 June 2015 - 09:23 AM.

• Psykic_scribe, Xavier Targhost, Midnightmare and 8 others like this

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
  • Faction: Screams of Despair (Night Lords Warband)

a truly stunning piece brother :tu:

'Death haunts the darkness and he knows your names! ' - Night Haunter -Untitled_zps417f1393.png

check out my Night Lords WIP! now with fluff msn-wink.gif
Screams of Despair

JJD

JJD

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,020 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
That is staggering

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,839 posts

Finished the bikes and with that, my entire first ETL vow!

Here's a group shot of 'm:

2015-06-18%2018.06.54_zpspd2szhup.jpg

The Nurgle bike squad complete:

2015-06-18%2018.08.07_zpsejbglk03.jpg

And the Nurgle Biker lord from two angles:

2015-06-18%2018.08.23_zpsumcxmkqz.jpg

2015-06-18%2018.08.33_zpsr1bbrr0y.jpg

Hope you like!

@Wicced: thanks buddy! Glad you stopped by. :)

@JJD: Cheers, mate! :tu:

• Kurgan the Lurker, Midnightmare and Aasfresser like this

infyrana

infyrana

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts

Never fails to impress, excellent stuff.

Did you reduce the OSL brightness on your biker headlights?

Chandrian

Chandrian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 306 posts
  • Faction: VIII LegioN WarbanD

Excellent job on the DV Biker with the robes! thumbsup.gif.  I cut/hacked and slashed the robe from the model thinking it wouldn't be "Night Lordy" but you've definitely shown it can be :P 

Works In Progress 

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png   3nlK9nQ.png

mactire

mactire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
  • Faction: vlka fenryka

Once again brilliant work.

I recognise my failing and will be sure to correct it
gallery_24878_5332_50483.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013B.gifgallery_29004_6198_8099.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_Medal_05.gifgallery_29004_10383_1937.pnggallery_29004_10383_927.pnggallery_29004_10383_4142.pngsml_gallery_69091_12729_9262.pnggallery_17224_3229_261.gifgallery_17224_3068_410.gifgallery_17224_3068_874.pnggallery_17224_3068_108.gifgallery_24878_5332_150.gif

1000 Sons

1000 Sons

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 850 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

That brass scorpion is amazing, so love the guy tangled in the tail wires.

ndKfPF6.jpg AiT9Upe.jpg

oxskull

oxskull

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

damn, I had my bikes as part of  Berserkers party but now i've seen yours im gonna have to do a re-think.

Terran_zps971683eb.pngNoctum Venatorum - In midnight Clad

we'll die as we live, surrounded by the corpses of our enemies.

Noctum Venatorum

WP 20150307 001
Album: Darkhunters WIP
19 images
1 comments

Fangbanger

Fangbanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,180 posts
  • Faction: The 12th
Oh my days...that scorpion
I done a space Wolves plog......http://www.bolterand...ngers-of-fenris
I done a world eaters plog.........http://www.bolterand...ld-eaters-plog/
zRUl07j.jpg

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts

Fair do's excellent work all round mate. Big vow, and its all high quality stuff (but then, do we expect anything less? ;) )

Hard to pick a fave; I love the bikers and the SD enhanced tanks, but its got to be the scorpion for me. Well done!

Optimat_prime

Optimat_prime

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts
  • Faction: Memento Mortis

OK, and here's my biggest model yet. The Fire Raptor, including the reaper batteries. The ball turrets can rotate, the atmospheric re-entry shields and the landing gear are magnetized. I also have retracted landing gear and a custom flying base that go along with the bases of my heldrakes. I'll post a pic of those tomorrow. 

Hey, sorry if this was answered before and I know it's a really early post but I couldn't skim read and find an answer. Are you willing to share how you got the red canopy? I've seen it on the web before for the model but there are also those without it so I'm guessing it's a particular method I don't know of - and with some flyers coming up for myself I'd love to know. Thanks 

Edited by Optimat_prime, 20 June 2015 - 12:09 PM.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,839 posts

OK, and here's my biggest model yet. The Fire Raptor, including the reaper batteries. The ball turrets can rotate, the atmospheric re-entry shields and the landing gear are magnetized. I also have retracted landing gear and a custom flying base that go along with the bases of my heldrakes. I'll post a pic of those tomorrow. 

Hey, sorry if this was answered before and I know it's a really early post but I couldn't skim read and find an answer. Are you willing to share how you got the red canopy? I've seen it on the web before for the model but there are also those without it so I'm guessing it's a particular method I don't know of - and with some flyers coming up for myself I'd love to know. Thanks 

Sure buddy: it's Tamiya X-27 Clear Red. A water-soluable paint that uses capilary action and gravity to spread itself over a surface. Don't shake the bottle before you use it, because that creates air bubbles which very likely will not pop during painting - and drying. 

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,839 posts

With my I did make a second vow in the ETL, and just now finished the first unit from it: a unit of Plague Bearers and the first Daemons I ever painted!

I used a completely different technique from what I usually do for these: A GW White Basecoat, followed by a base of a 8:2:1 mix of VMA Skin Tone, GW Bugman's Glow, and VMC Luftwaffe WWII, followed by a airbrushed zenithal highlight of VMA Skin Tone. That yielded a very light but sickly skin tone, after which I applied GW Flesh wash, and smotherings of GW Purple Wash, GW Green Wash, and GW Blue Wash. I touched all pustules and the eyes with watered down GW Averland Sunset. Then I highlighted the potruding bones , teeth and nails with GW Rakarth Flesh and a highlight of White, after which I applied watered down BFTBG over all the sores, wounds, mouths, and eyes. The weapon was coated in VLG White Gold, with a AP Strong tone wash, and touches of GW Nihlakh Oxide. The horns where sprayed with GW Rhinox Hide and topped with a 'highlight' spray of GW Black.

I'm super pleased with the result and cannot wait to paint more daemons!

The whole unit of plaguebearers

2015-06-20%2018.48.31_zpsmwlsk3wv.jpg

command

2015-06-20%2018.50.03_zpsdorfi4e1.jpg

and all the others

2015-06-20%2018.49.32_zpshvlydxa4.jpg

2015-06-20%2018.50.31_zpsxiccspmf.jpg

Replies:
@infyrana: Thanks buddy. I think I did tone it down a little, yeah. No particular reason...

@Lord Haelim Lev: Cheers! Yeah I do think the robes only work for Nurgle bikers though.

@mactire: Thank you!

@1000 sons: Yeah the detail on it is great, no? Those tangled dudes inside are really gruesome. :)

@oxskull: Why not do both? ;)

@Fangbanger: haha thanks!

@Midnight Runner: Haha no reason to pick favourites, but appreciated nonetheless! :tu:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 20 June 2015 - 05:05 PM.

• Kurgan the Lurker and Atia like this

Flint13

Flint13

++ GLACIES FORTIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,704 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters XII
Absolutely stomach churning. You're getting really good at those gross, fleshy lesions.

Edited by Flint13, 20 June 2015 - 07:33 PM.

"You roared your defiance, now scream your regret." ~Jhadek Redcrow
"This is my lady-mod voice." Posted Image
"NOTICE ME Khârn-SENPAI!"

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,839 posts

Thanks Flint! 

The Nostraman Lions are finished! I bought these beautiful miniatures from Puppetswar in March, as a reward for getting a permanent contract from my employer. I'd wanted them for years, and they're an absolute joy to paint. The resin was a little brittle though, so if anyone is looking to purchase them, I advise not pinning them. 

I love how these miniatures have a definite feline nature to them, while at the same time being distinctly alien, with their four eyes and weird-looking jaws. Coupled with the bloody bloody gashes all over their bodies and with their collars and chains, they are absolutely perfect as slaved, gen-copied and vat-grown descendants of the Nostraman lions that used to haunt the wastes of the Night Lords' home world.

I'll use them as Flesh Hounds of Khorne in games.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!

WP_20150620_009_zpssozkgngp.jpg

WP_20150620_010_zps03dmjd7j.jpg

WP_20150620_011_zpsyhnfcldj.jpg

• BrotherCaptainArkhan and Midnightmare like this

Brother Kortmer

Brother Kortmer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 658 posts

I came for your Flesh Hounds, but I also absolutely love the subtle gradients on your Plague Bearers. 

Actually everything in here is awesome.

• Augustus b'Raass likes this

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,996 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

The lions look great. I just wonder whether a world that is very dark like Nostramo would produce creatures which such light skin.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Konrad Curze, Nostramo, Nostraman, In Midnight Clad, Ave Dominus Nox, Night Lords, Chaos, Nights Reapers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users