Thanks guys, glad the contemptor came out ok.

Some replies:

Personally, I still think it could have done without the gargoyles or the spike on th top, but otherwise, it came out beautifully, man.

Only thing I would still say is I'd recommend you invest in some Blood for the Blood God technical paint. That stuff will do wonders to your model and really add to that visceral realism you're trying to convey.

Glad you like it. thumbsup.gif As for the gargoyles: I just don't agree. They make for an excellent silhouette, which to me adds to the Night lords terror tactics. I'll keep using 'm. As for the blood for the blood god, see my answer of at helterskelter's reply:

I second use of blood for the blood god. You know why tongue.png I knew this was gonna look awesome brother!

Ha! all the gore actually is doen with several mixes, all containing various ratio's of Red Gore, Rhinox Hide, Lahmian Medium, Blood for the Blood God, Tamyia Clear Red, and VGC Satin Varnish. I'm just not too much into the shiny business on my models. Blood clots incredibly fast - epsecially Astartes blood. Hence I don't think the gore should be overly shiny.

It's a stunning model, and I am quite honoured to be featured in its background, although things ended rather badly for my Astartes namesake -- a shame, really: I would have loved to see a model representing Kraud msn-wink.gif That said, I hope the fact he's torn apart rather messily doesn't contain any hidden messages to me?

Anyway, fantastic work. I'd say he's still a bit heavy on the mangled corpses, but then I can appreciate the fact you're trying to distance him from the look and feel of your other contemptor, and all the grisly trophies are doing a great job of conveying just that.

Oh, and I totally second noctus cornix's suggestion regarding the technical paint! You may even want to purchase some Tamiya Clear Red, if you can get your hands of it, because it's a notch above Blood for the Blood God, in my opinion, and the bigger bottle will last you longer. Keep in mind, though, that most important thing with glossy "blood paints" is to know when to stop msn-wink.gif

Anyway, fantastic job! Looking very much forward to your next update!

When I first read I was like "What is he talking about?" Then I reread the fluff and realized I posted the second-to last version with the original names. I thought of including you as the nastiest of the marines before I wrote the end. So originally you were the guy who got killed. But then I realized you got killed and I switched the names of 'your' (original) character with the apothecary. So you *are* the apothecary. I stand corrected, and so will the OP be. And don't worry: I *am* making a cool character for you! You'll even get your own bike thumbsup.gif In fact I'd like to include all my forumite friends - I just hope I can Latinize/Night Lordize all the names.

Regarding BFTBG and Tamiya Clear red, see my reply to helterskelter.

Looks awesome! Needs more boobs though. teehee.gif

Cheers. Boobs will feature on feature Nigh Lords Noise Marines and their Rhino. woot.gif

I approve this message.

But seriously Augustus, you turn out work that is *scary* good (pun!) in such a short amount of time. Everything you have done so far is not only unique from every other Nightlords thread, but unique within your own company as well. Maintaining that level of dedication can't be easy, but I'm glad you started posting your progress. It's been a treat!

But shiny! :D nah I do like the way you do your gore, suits your models.

and miss flint, nice avatar conversion of the frozen lady. My two year old approves :p (when we watch it she keeos asking for the trolls bless her!) Also wheres your stuff gone? Why no paint?

Whoa, awesome! This will actually be the second time that a Night Lord is named after me -- I hope Khorne doesn't find out, or I could be in trouble ;) Seriously, though, what an honour! As for naming models after fellow forumites, you might just want to check this out (still WIP)...

Just incase i look like a weirdo (more of one) this contemptor was the one with the impaled lady torso on it, right? 

Otherwise the boobs thing might come across completely random, haha.

HAH!

I just got it.

I look *damn* good in contemptor msn-wink.gif

Very accurate too. I'm normally pretty pissy right when I wake up

And the chains? teehee.gif (I'msorrypleasedon'thurtmeohdarkandgloriousqueennopleasenottheskinningrackohgodnooooo)

That's quite alright, man, really. Its meerly just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. In the end, its your model and if you like it, keep at it. smile.png

And who says glossy blood looks bad? tongue.png

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000138_zps60c6d3e2.jpg

Man, I forgot you had a 'Hall of Hounour'-thread aswell. The servitors are a brilliant idea for cultists and the finished result is solid. The Contemptor really turned out great! Nice story about it being rediscovered aswell, I can really see how that guy have gone crazy (even though he can't have had the most balanced of minds before either).

HAH!

I just got it.

And the chains? teehee.gif (I'msorrypleasedon'thurtmeohdarkandgloriousqueennopleasenottheskinningrackohgodnooooo)

... I'm into S&M, obviously. tongue.png

I approve this message.

But seriously Augustus, you turn out work that is *scary* good (pun!) in such a short amount of time. Everything you have done so far is not only unique from every other Nightlords thread, but unique within your own company as well. Maintaining that level of dedication can't be easy, but I'm glad you started posting your progress. It's been a treat!

Thank you thank you! :-) I find it really easy to stay dedicated, because of this forum actually. It's really inspiring to see peers chrun out great models and have a place to share ideas, experience, and pictures of my models. And to get such great feedback.

But shiny! biggrin.png nah I do like the way you do your gore, suits your models.

and miss flint, nice avatar conversion of the frozen lady. My two year old approves tongue.png (when we watch it she keeos asking for the trolls bless her!) Also wheres your stuff gone? Why no paint?

Cheers man. Fresh gore should look a little shiny. I'm still working on the perfect recipe.

And FLint, I liked the avatar with the pink hair the best It suited how I perceive your character the best.

Whoa, awesome! This will actually be the second time that a Night Lord is named after me -- I hope Khorne doesn't find out, or I could be in trouble msn-wink.gif Seriously, though, what an honour! As for naming models after fellow forumites, you might just want to check this out (still WIP)...

Thanks man. And I did read your comment about his last name Kraus being common in Germany. It means 'he who has curly hair'. While I find it a great coincidence that my last name happens to be a bastardization of the 16th century Hugenot word with the same meaning, I agree that a mean doctor should not be called 'Curly hair dude'. So I settled on k'Ra-ut. Is that ok with you?

Just incase i look like a weirdo (more of one) this contemptor was the one with the impaled lady torso on it, right?

Otherwise the boobs thing might come across completely random, haha.

Hahaha. He was, and we're all weirdos.

HAH!

I just got it.

Finally! Also noticed that he used to be from 28th company?

Insane Contemptor.

Good pun! ;-)

That's quite alright, man, really. Its meerly just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. In the end, its your model and if you like it, keep at it. smile.png

And who says glossy blood looks bad? tongue.png

No worries. I am still experimenting with blood. Gore should look at least a little shiny.

Man, I forgot you had a 'Hall of Hounour'-thread aswell. The servitors are a brilliant idea for cultists and the finished result is solid. The Contemptor really turned out great! Nice story about it being rediscovered aswell, I can really see how that guy have gone crazy (even though he can't have had the most balanced of minds before either).

Haha. Yeah. I wonder why 28th company abandoned ship. And let him remain on board....

God damn it man, stop being so productive with your awesome stuff. You're making me look bad. I also suggest Tamiya clear red, mix a bit of Tamiya smoke in there as well.

[..]

Just noticed the extra page of comments where you talk about your gore. Ignore me, lol.

Nope. Can't do that. Everyone has their own pase, Mark! I just happen to have perfected my system, which happens to work for both vehicles and infantry. I've never worked so fast with such a limited palette. There's actually only four stages in the painting. Blues, Gold, Red, Skull. Blues has four easy airbrush stages and the lightning. Then gold has two. Red has three. Skulls Have three. With more and more flesh trophies, there's that, but really that's it.

I approve this message.

Thank you thank you! :-) I find it really easy to stay dedicated, because of this forum actually. It's really inspiring to see peers chrun out great models and have a place to share ideas, experience, and pictures of my models. And to get such great feedback.

>But shiny! biggrin.png nah I do like the way you do your gore, suits your models.

and miss flint, nice avatar conversion of the frozen lady. My two year old approves tongue.png (when we watch it she keeos asking for the trolls bless her!) Also wheres your stuff gone? Why no paint?

Cheers man. Fresh gore should look a little shiny. I'm still working on the perfect recipe.

And FLint, I liked the avatar with the pink hair the best It suited how I perceive your character the best.

HAH!

I just got it.

Finally! Also noticed that he used to be from 28th company?

Haha. Yeah. I wonder why 28th company abandoned ship. And let him remain on board....

Always glad to help and criticize (helpfully!).

I did notice the 28th origin. Banner bearer eh? Could he possibly be this guy?:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/842/s8q4.jpg

Guess I should get on painting Cilice pre-contemptor eh? ^_^

And as for why they left him all by himself? I could see it... my praetor, Jhadek Redcrow, has a really bad sense of humor...

Finally! Also noticed that he used to be from 28th company? I wonder why 28th company abandoned ship. And let him remain on board....

I did notice the 28th origin. Banner bearer eh? Could he possibly be this guy?: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/842/s8q4.jpg Guess I should get on painting Cilice pre-contemptor eh? ^_^ And as for why they left him all by himself? I could see it... my praetor, Jhadek Redcrow, has a really bad sense of humor...
Ooooooh yes! YES!!! That would be SO AWESOME!! That model looks so fricking awesome. I would be immensely honoured if you would retrospectively name him after my dread. And I really like how we have the same character from totally different periods in our armies. Such an awesome idea!!

Get this guy painted up. I am really looking forward to seeing him in midnight clad.

So I stumbled on this topic and have to say, nice work!! I used to play NL's and after they were, well their special rules disappeared, left out, I traded them. At the beginning of this year I started collecting them again in hopes that a supplement would arise.  Of course they could be fixed by  taking a lord on a bike or with a jump pack, depending on which and only the one, make raptors or bikers troop choices. There, I fixed it. Anyhow, love the work and will post mine as soon as they are released from secrecy here in my gaming group and when I get them painted.

God, that's such a cool idea. Flint, that Night Lord is freaking rad. Those Sons of Horus make good Nostromans.

-Tarvik

Of course they do. Midnight clad is just like Prada. *Everyone* looks better in it devil.gif

God, that's such a cool idea. Flint, that Night Lord is freaking rad. Those Sons of Horus make good Nostromans.

-Tarvik

Of course they do. Midnight clad is just like Prada. *Everyone* looks better in it devil.gif
Well, aside from the whole "eternal night" thing for Nostromo, the two legions did come from fairly similar environments; sprawling hive-cities overflowing with vicious gangs in constant war with each other. It makes sense they'd bear a few similarities.

-Tarvik

I like your'e style, Flint, I like your style. Handbags of flayed skin are so me.

-Tarvik

Yay! I just finished the first unit of my first ETL III vow: the raptors.

Granted, there's a champion in there that is actually meant for the second squad, but who cares.

Hope you enjoy! Feedback always welcome!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140505_004_zps02597441.jpg

Replies:

-Tarvik

I totally agree. I'm thinking of buying some myself. And btw: Flint should finish this model. NOW. Actually she should make an ETL vow just for the standard bearer.

So I stumbled on this topic and have to say, nice work!! I used to play NL's and after they were, well their special rules disappeared, left out, I traded them. At the beginning of this year I started collecting them again in hopes that a supplement would arise. Of course they could be fixed by taking a lord on a bike or with a jump pack, depending on which and only the one, make raptors or bikers troop choices. There, I fixed it. Anyhow, love the work and will post mine as soon as they are released from secrecy here in my gaming group and when I get them painted.

Thanks man! I'm happy to have inspirationally kicked your butt so you get your own done! wink.png Seriously: looking forward to your pics!

And here I was thinking it was all the flayed flesh dangling around their armour!

Well, aside from the whole "eternal night" thing for Nostromo, the two legions did come from fairly similar environments; sprawling hive-cities overflowing with vicious gangs in constant war with each other. It makes sense they'd bear a few similarities.

As someone versed in the 'arts' of sociology, I couldn't agree less with you. As a fellow space marine enthusiast, I couldn't agree more.

I like your'e style, Flint, I like your style. Handbags of flayed skin are so me.

-Tarvik

See? Exactly my point. thumbsup.gif

Finally found out where you hide all the finished stuff.

The Contemptor is awesome! Damn good painting.

Cheers mate! I always keep updated links in my sig, so the access should be easy!

Archived