Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Art Scale Carcharodons

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Ultramarines

Hey there B&C!

A while ago, I posted up a test mini for a Carcharodon project I wanted to start. I debated going back to Ultramarines, or doing Crimson Fists. But when I got The Badab War for Yule, I decided that Carcharodons were the right Chapter. Well, I have finally gotten around to working on this army, and progress is coming along. I do have a few other projects on the go, but I want to have at least 1000 points of these guys done by the summer.

Onto the first images! 

015.jpg

I had a lot of fun building these guys, and I wanted to make sure each of them were unique. I already have another 10 legs lined up for another Tactical squad, and I have 2 Drop Pods ready to be built. I have a little more work on this squad, but not much.

Something else I am working on right now is a gift for my girlfriend, an Art Scale Rainbow Warrior Captain. It's just a one off right now, but he may get a squad for fun sometime down the road. I wanted to go with a Nordic feel, like a Valkyrie, and I hope to get that across once he is finished. 

014.jpg

Hopefully I can get more work done on these guys during the weekend, and get another squad built. I want to go more tribal with the next ones, and if anyone has any ideas on how I can get that across, I would love to hear it.

Cheers.
-Trysanna

Edited by Trysanna, 16 June 2019 - 10:33 PM.

• Urael likes this

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,272 posts
  • Faction: Death Spectres & More

Samoan tribal tattoos would work the decal sheet from FW has some also. Would like to see the RW Capiain done since I'am working on some RWs myself.

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,518 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit
Very nice work on the Carcharadons! But my real interest is the Rainbow Warriors Captain happy.png Such a cool mini and in keeping with the Bifrost "Rainbow bridge" theme. I must admit I don't know where the bits used for the helmet is from. It looks like a very good way of making the Chapter Symbol instead of having to paint it on!

Samoan markings would look good as DSS7 has said smile.png

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,355 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers
Those look huge. Not totally sold on the bare heads for Carcharodons but you'll make them look great either way.

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts

Just wanted to share a small update. I've been working on my Marines all weekend, and I almost have another Tactical squad as finished as the first. I've also decided that one Squad will be ranged support, and the other will act as a rampage squad, meant to get stuck in as fast as possible. 

I've also given the Rainbow Warrior some shoulder pads, so all I need now is a hand. Hopefully I can get some photos taken tomorrow, so I can show you what I've done and get some opinions.

-Tarvik

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts

Been a while since my last post, but I finally have some photos! 

First up is the Close Combat Tactical squad. I'm unsure how I want to transport them. I'm torn between a Drop Pod and Storm Raven. Any recommendations? 

002.jpg

003.jpg

000.jpg

Next up is my support squad. I love the hell out of some of these guys, and I'm really proud of my poses.

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

I've also been working on an Assault Squad, and Jump Pack Chaplain to accompany them. Hopefully I can get a Contemptor to join these guys, and figure out the rest of my list. I hope you all enjoy my Marines. All that hard work is starting to come together.

And don't worry Aquilanus, that Rainbow Warrior is coming along!

-Tarvik

• Urael likes this

Brother Heinrich

Brother Heinrich

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,977 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Blood Angels

Man I thought leg extensions were tiring, I applaud your ironclad will sir, keep up the good work.

Night%20Lord-01_zpsxbdvmpou.pngBlood%20Angel-01_zpswjlpjn40.png

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,355 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers
Those are going to look seriously brutal in the Carcharodon colours.

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,549 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

gallery_15184_9205_38150.jpg

• Forté, Trysanna and Volt like this
Posted Image

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Squeaky

Squeaky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts
  • Faction: Carcharodon Astra

Awesome :D I'm far to lazy to do art-scale/tru-scale marines and I'm glad you have chosen the best chapter ever .... almost ever ;) great work look forward to some paint  

[url=http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Holy_Milkman/media/SqueakysBrutalLoyatly_zps477dc768.jpg.html][img=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/Holy_Milkman/SqueakysBrutalLoyatly_zps477dc768.jpg][/url]
<p>gore tutorial needs updating [url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/289223-easy-gore-soon-water-splashes-sprays-and-impacts/]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/289223-easy-gore-soon-water-splashes-sprays-and-impacts/[/url]

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,518 posts

-Tarvik

Am I that single minded? (Don't answer that msn-wink.gif ) laugh.png The progress on the Carcharodons looks very good, especially as you've added helmets and armour of various marks (Mark IV and VI FTW! happy.png )
  • Trysanna likes this

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,508 posts
  • Faction: Summoners

Very nice stuff :tu:

• Trysanna likes this

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts

Man I thought leg extensions were tiring, I applaud your ironclad will sir, keep up the good work.

Many thanks! Each Marine takes a while, but I think it's worth the effort. 

Those are going to look seriously brutal in the Carcharodon colours.

I hope so! The Rampager squad will be pretty messy, covered in a fair amount of blood. 

Awesome biggrin.png I'm far to lazy to do art-scale/tru-scale marines and I'm glad you have chosen the best chapter ever .... almost ever msn-wink.gif great work look forward to some paint  

As I've said they are a ton of work, and I can't blame anyone for not doing it. And someone better than the Space Sharks? Heresy!

-Tarvik

Am I that single minded? (Don't answer that msn-wink.gif ) laugh.png The progress on the Carcharodons looks very good, especially as you've added helmets and armour of various marks (Mark IV and VI FTW! happy.png )

*Cough* Mark V is easily one of my favorite for this project, and I wish I had more. I think another Forge World order is due...

Very nice stuff thumbsup.gif

Thank you for the kind words. Means a lot coming from you!

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,518 posts
Mark V helmets do suit Carcharodons quite well smile.png

Grizzly_bear

Grizzly_bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts
  • Faction: Crimson fists and a small amount of Imperial fits
Wow these are brilliant
"My brothers we have been sorely wounded and brought to our knees, but i ask you to rise from the ashes of despair, by flamer we'll burn, by bolter we'll purge and by blade we'll cut out the heart of the greenskin body, Brothers rise, for you are sons of Dorn, for we the Crimson fists and we shall never fail" - Pedro Kantor

"going up against Stealers with lightning claws marks you as borderline psycho in any case...."

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts

I return!

Sorry for the radio silence. I've been working on my Sharks when time allows, but I've had to finish a few commissions, a charity project, and it has left me little hobby time of my own. But, I have finally finished the last of the work on said projects, and I can really try to focus on these guys. I'm going to attempt to make at least a small update a week, and really get these guys done. 

First up, I ordered this beastie a little while back. It look me a while to get him together, but I'm happy with him. Looking at him at the moment, I'm unsure about the pose. Thoughts welcome on this guy!

tumblr_n91dl3ACrp1thxldxo1_1280.jpg

With the Contemptor, I now have all but 2 models for my 1000pt army. All I'm missing are a pair of rhinos, but those will come in time. I've assembled a squad of Assaiult Marines to go with my Jump Pack Chaplain. I'll try for photos this weekend. Speaking, of Jump Packs, I was finally able to finish a certain Marine. 

015.jpg

014.jpg

I'm really pleased with how I painted this Rainbow Warrior, and I'm really considering doing an allied detachment for my Carcharodons force. For those curious, I was going for a slight Valkyrie theme with the wings on the helm, and it's a concept I'd like to play with more.

-Tarvick

• Aqui and Urael like this

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,518 posts
Awesome stuff! I might have rethink the central theme of my own Rainbow Warriors to include a bit of Viking/Asguardian to the Aztec/Mayan after seeing him! wub.png

Edited by Aquilanus, 24 July 2014 - 02:57 AM.

• Trysanna likes this

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,272 posts
  • Faction: Death Spectres & More

OH yeah!! Big win.thumbsup.gif 

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Darth Mustard

Darth Mustard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 774 posts
  • Faction: Procrastinators

Nice rainbow warrior

impressive scale

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts

Awesome stuff! I might have rethink the central theme of my own Rainbow Warriors to include a bit of Viking/Asguardian to the Aztec/Mayan after seeing him! wub.png

I approve of this idea. Glad you like him! 

I got some quick photos of my Art Scale Terminators that I've been working on for a couple months. A big thanks to Apologist, who was a big help with them. I will be using these Marines as The Red Brethren, who will be fielded with Tyberos at 1500 points. Onto the photos!

tumblr_n9k8yvWzoT1thxldxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9k8yvWzoT1thxldxo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9k8yvWzoT1thxldxo5_1280.jpg

I've got a bit of work to do on them yet. I want to bulk out the knee pads, add a thicker belt, and sculpt some lightning bolts on them. I would also like some opinions on the second Terminators head. I don't know if it sticks out too much, or if having a similar head in the squad would help. 

Thoughts, ideas, and criticism is welcome! 

-Tarvick

• Vairocanum, sockwithaticket and Squeaky like this

apologist

apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,083 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines: The Praetors of Calth

Those are awesome! Great work :)

I would also like some opinions on the second Terminators head. I don't know if it sticks out too much, or if having a similar head in the squad would help.

I think he's the best of them all – a really threatening pose that suits the chapter well. The helmet also has slits slightly reminiscent of gills, which obviously fits quite nicely. That said, he works so well because he's mixed in with the others, so I'd keep to the regular Terminator style for the rest, personally

Anyway, fantastic work – looking forward to seeing these with some paint.

• Trysanna likes this

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

The Alien Wars – Blood Angels in the Nova Terra Interregnum | May You Live Forever – A narrative Iron Hands blog

Officio Monstrosa – Iron Warriors during the siege of Terra | The Praetors of Calth – Ultramarines from Crusade to Scouring

Squeaky

Squeaky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts
  • Faction: Carcharodon Astra
Great work on the terminators the last guy as a real sense of movement ;) look forward to some paint!
[url=http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Holy_Milkman/media/SqueakysBrutalLoyatly_zps477dc768.jpg.html][img=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/Holy_Milkman/SqueakysBrutalLoyatly_zps477dc768.jpg][/url]
<p>gore tutorial needs updating [url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/289223-easy-gore-soon-water-splashes-sprays-and-impacts/]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/289223-easy-gore-soon-water-splashes-sprays-and-impacts/[/url]

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,518 posts
Loving the poses for those Termi's. Literal hulks the way they hold themselves and far more intimidating. Looking forward to seeing more happy.png

Edit: Missed the question about the second helmet - that was the one I went "Wow!" over. I suppose it's because it's a break from the "norm" for Terminator armour. I dig it! thumbsup.gif

Edited by Aquilanus, 01 August 2014 - 04:53 PM.

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts

So to start, I make no promises on how often I will update! I'm working on a Deathwatch Overkill commission, along with 2 small-ish Age of Sigmar armies. That being said, in a moment of inspiration thanks to the upcoming Carcharodons novel, Red Tithe, I quickly touched up and painted a single Marine. 

tumblr_odkek8qZAx1thxldxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_odkek8qZAx1thxldxo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_odkek8qZAx1thxldxo3_1280.jpg

Hope you like him!

• Race Bannon, Sgt. Blank, Soric and 12 others like this

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,106 posts
He's looking excellent, Trysanna. :tu:

I especially like the splatter on his left leg: is that dried blood? The freehand is also impressive, much respect for that! Last but not least, loving the red stripe. Great addition! :tu:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

+ + +

Black Templars (8th Edition) - W:6 D:2 L:3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users