"The Symphony of Pain" - An Emperor's Children Warband

Guts

courtesy of Brother Heinrich

Hey all GUTS here,

So I'm fairly new to posting on The Bolter and Chainsword and it has taken far to long to actually get this blog up and running. I've been lurking and gathering inspiration from the many awesome members of this community and with a "slight" push from my good pal Brother Heinrich, I am finally making this thing happen.

So first off let me just fill all you ladies and gents in on a little observation I have made after pouring through all your blogs. It seems to me that pretty much 90 % of them show stripped models being re-purposed, reposed, re-sculpted, and repainted( Which let me be the first to commend all of you on your pure dedication to something we all love.)but....perhaps an attempt to reach a certain level of perfection...msn-wink.gif ? Don't worry its perfectly normal...FOR METAL LOVING CRAZED FOLLOWERS OF THE PATH OF PAIN devil.gif . This is just my disclaimer that if you follow this blog there's no telling what my obsession with this pursuit could do to all of your already hobby obsessed minds, not to mention this army is making me a tiny tiny bit hostile already.

So to open this thing up I'm starting with my Mark of Slaanesh bikers. This is really my first time getting into the whole modeling thing I've always preferred painting but now that I have really delved into sculpting and bitz ordering I find it very addicting.

This is the whole bike lot with all the unwanted decals filled down and cleaned...PAIN IN THE ASS by the way.

Here is my in progress mark of slaanesh lord(name pending). Im still in the process of finishing his folds on the cape and bringing the ends of the cape up on the shoulders. Also I spent all this time on a cool looking shinguard with a sonic vent face and didnt realize the angle of the leg when on the bike would completely hide it....FML. Still have tons of chaosifying (yup new word add it to your vocab) to do to all the bikes as well.

This is the biker unit so far...it PAINS me that they are still so far from being done.

So this is the starting point for what I hope to be a very motivating blog to help me actually finish this army sometime this edition lol. Be prepared for plenty of questions and tons of stripped models in the future considering I had this army almost done in 5th edition and coming back to it now I just knew you guys could push me to that next notch that I'm striving for. (no pressure or anything) So with plenty of cringing its back to the starting line for what is sure to be quite a ride!

Your lord is sick. How did you do the head and lightning claw?

This is some awesome work. Consider me subscribed.

Hey Nephilim appreciate the compliment. As far as the head I actually took the chosen with power fist from the dark vengeance box and cut him in half and just filed the under side so it would fit on the legs. As for the lightning claw I am going to be running him as a power fist and lightning claw champ, so to pull it off like I said i used the power fist chosen guy but I actually took the lightning claw from the dual claw chosen since the claws come separate and just filed the under side down and it naturally fit pretty well. Then just gap filled what little there was so now it just needs a little touch up here and there but really simple to pull off.

Biker conversions and greenstuff. We're off to a good start already. smile.png

Thanks Brother!

This is going to be awesome to watch!

Thank you good sir I hope to please!

For some reason your Lord reminds me of a Zoanoid. Bitchin'.

The fact that you just referenced Guyver in my thread has instantly given me credibility and also hope in humanity.

This is going to be awesome to watch!

Thank you good sir I hope to please!

>For some reason your Lord reminds me of a Zoanoid. Bitchin'.

The fact that you just referenced Guyver in my thread has instantly given me credibility and also hope in humanity.

Got everything from OOC through to the latest re-make, plus the live actions and all the original series on VHS. Boom. Also, Guts? Not Berserk by chance? 

That aside, I am looking real forward to what your bikers will look like if that's your Lord! 

Got everything from OOC through to the latest re-make, plus the live actions and all the original series on VHS. Boom. Also, Guts? Not Berserk by chance? 

That aside, I am looking real forward to what your bikers will look like if that's your Lord! 

Damn man that's AWESOME,  I haven't watched them in ages. Bingo definitely got the name from there Griffith reminds me more of emperors children but guts is just such a brutal name lol. Damnit man now the pressure is on haha, I hope I can deliver!

FOR METAL LOVING

Well, you have my attention. Hopefully the world of metal will inspire you to make something that looks like it belongs on an 80s album cover (Hey, you're doing bikes- a slaanesh themed take on Painkiller isn't out of the realm of possibility laugh.png )

Off to a dang good start, rock on brother. \ m / Seriously, bike conversions are a pain in the butt- yours seem to be going smoothly.

(Heinrich you're seriously tempting me to rewatch metalocalypse with the avatar change and image/gif usage lately. I re-marathoned all the seasons before the doomstar requiem aired)

Oh wow, never thought I'd see Guyver referenced on this board, let alone Berserk. I do see a hint of resemblance to the zoanoids though.

FOR METAL LOVING

Well, you have my attention. Hopefully the world of metal will inspire you to make something that looks like it belongs on an 80s album cover (Hey, you're doing bikes- a slaanesh themed take on Painkiller isn't out of the realm of possibility laugh.png )

Off to a dang good start, rock on brother. \ m / Seriously, bike conversions are a pain in the butt- yours seem to be going smoothly.

(Heinrich you're seriously tempting me to rewatch metalocalypse with the avatar change and image/gif usage lately. I re-marathoned all the seasons before the doomstar requiem aired)

Oh wow, never thought I'd see Guyver referenced on this board, let alone Berserk. I do see a hint of resemblance to the zoanoids though.

HAHA I want you to remember you posted this idea because this may spur a crazy sorcerer on bike conversion just saying.

Fantastic start Guts. You've set your benchmark high from the word go. Following this for certain.

Thanks Forte, yea I'm attempting to not half ass this army so I'm breaking out of my comfort zone with sculpting and converting for sure.

Wow, nice champion/lord on that bike.

Glad you like Anaziel, hopefully he will keep wowing by the time I'm done with him!

HAHA I want you to remember you posted this idea because this may spur a crazy sorcerer on bike conversion just saying.

Haha, go for it dude! Anything inspired by Judas Priest (and metal in general) in this hobby is a win in my book.  

Just wanted to say:

This is the whole bike lot with all the unwanted decals filled down and cleaned...PAIN IN THE ASS by the way.

I am glad someone else feels as vehemently about those frigging bikes as I do. I only converted two and I thought I was going to have a breakdown trying to file off the last nubs of those infuriating Loyalist symbols.

It's like they're actively trying to stop us using their equipment. The cowards. The fools. Etc.

But these conversions are looking fantastic so far. I've got to create a biker lord myself over the next few weeks and this has given me some ideas. Keep it up sir!

Od.

I am glad someone else feels as vehemently about those frigging bikes as I do. I only converted two and I thought I was going to have a breakdown trying to file off the last nubs of those infuriating Loyalist symbols.

No kidding, I got the ravenwing command bikers for a reclusiam command squad thinking to myself- the DA icons wont be that hard to remove.  Good lord was I ever wrong.  I'm just so tired of waiting for an updated bike sprue that crazy ideas like removing icons for ravenwing boxes seems like a good idea.  I can't imagine how chaos bike users feel, with their sculpt being even older.

This is looking really good, that lord will be unbelievable when he gets painted up and I can't wait to see how you kit out the rest of the bikers. biggrin.png
I was considering using a lot of bikes with my list but looking at the plastics (I don't want to sell a kidney for the FW resin) I just can't go through the effort of having to remove that much ravenwing iconography.

Great work though and I'll be keeping a close eye on this WIP thumbsup.gif

Nice stuff, even though it's still early days you can already see them taking shape. The GS work is really nice, the little touches like those help make them more individual and you're done a top notch job, looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks Doghouse, yea I'm really getting into green stuff work and honestly the tools do 3/4 of the job. I'm in love with my rubbler color shapers.

PAAAAAAIN KILLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! You have to give him wings of steel and deadly wheels.

Yes...your enthusiasm gives my enthusiasm a crank up to eleven!

Just wanted to say:

It's like they're actively trying to stop us using their equipment. The cowards. The fools. Etc.

But these conversions are looking fantastic so far. I've got to create a biker lord myself over the next few weeks and this has given me some ideas. Keep it up sir!

Od.

Man yea it was a freaking process for sure I just took my time and watched a lot of TV during. Glad i could give back a little inspiration because I've definitely gotten plenty from the community.

This is looking really good, that lord will be unbelievable when he gets painted up and I can't wait to see how you kit out the rest of the bikers. biggrin.png

I was considering using a lot of bikes with my list but looking at the plastics (I don't want to sell a kidney for the FW resin) I just can't go through the effort of having to remove that much ravenwing iconography.

Great work though and I'll be keeping a close eye on this WIP thumbsup.gif

Thanks a lot Nebuchandnezzar, The other bikers are in the process of finding their own identity right now aka kit smashing and bit marauding.

In other news, I have a small update from this afternoon. I built a new little light box so my photos would be a little better as well.

I have just done some more small detail work with my lord he still has a ways to go.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/jasonarthurswain/Emperors%20Children%20Blog/blog9_zpsc163d1f5.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/jasonarthurswain/Emperors%20Children%20Blog/blog7_zps3ee7a372.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/jasonarthurswain/Emperors%20Children%20Blog/blog10_zpseaef4f0a.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/jasonarthurswain/Emperors%20Children%20Blog/blog8_zps7c51e8fe.jpg

So there ya go some lordy goodness. Still have some gap filling and mold lines to clean and the fender to do up. As well as I need to touch the claw up but you get the picture.

Archived