The Crimson Lords WIP: Finished Contemptor Dreadnaught

Hey gang. I had meant to start this topic all formal-like over the weekend, but my enthusiasm has gotten the better of me. What follows are my Vanguard Veterans and an Emperor's Champion who will serve as a veteran sergeant for game purposes. For those who would like to know the background of these fine fellows, follow the link to the Liber Astartes. Much, much, much more to come soon. 

WIP Vanguard Veterans

WIP Vanguard Veterans

WIP Champion

Is the haft of the hammer ever-so-slightly bent though?

Slightly, but it really does not bother me. I'm too afraid that if I tried correcting it at this stage I would do more damage. Good eye though!

(For clarification, I meant the paper on the purity seals. But you guys figured it out anyway!)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey gang! I've got some nice updates here. I've done much more than these photos show, but I'll upload those when I'm not running out to class.
med_gallery_62495_9255_1645548.jpg

Contemptor Dreadnoughts are HUGE. I don't think that quite sunk in when I looked at the photos online. He just became my centerpiece.

med_gallery_62495_9255_322642.jpg
A squad standard bearer. I like the idea of each squad having a banner, if just for fluff. And if my opponent doesn't like that he has no visible weapons, he makes a great objective marker!

Hey gang! Take a look at my WIP Chapter Master, modeled using the Forge World Boarding Marine. I need some advice though. Do those purity seals blend in too closely with the gold?

med_gallery_62495_9255_332628.jpg

Beautifully done. You're brave shooting for the quartered paint scheme, and you knocked it out of the park.

Awesome, man.

Chapter Master Caius Calderon of the Crimson Lords stands ready. Assembled from the Forge World boarding marine from Games Day, a Sterngaurd head, and a MKIII pack cobbled together from bits from my stores.

+++

med_gallery_62495_9255_666588.jpgmed_gallery_62495_9255_232499.jpg

med_gallery_62495_9255_175550.jpgmed_gallery_62495_9255_137215.jpg

Chapter Master Caius Calderon. Formerly captain of the 2nd company. Noted abrasiveness when dealing with other factions of the Imperium. Specialty MK III armor assembled and forged for him personally by Techmarine Gaius.

Very nice work, I particularly like the hammer head, you pulled off a great looking effect there and overall the chapter scheme is simple but effective and you've pulled it off very cleanly. The blue wax seals of the purity seals really helps make them stand out, a nice accent color against the white, red and gold!

You also did a great job on the chapter master's face, great detail work, I find it very difficult to pick out the eyes but that looks great. Generally though I like to have my marines helmeted but that does look sweet, very expressive.

Thanks for the support, everyone! Argent aquila, tell me how you like the background I wrote. If you think I should put it here for the sake of convenience, let me know. So this is the project that has taken up much of my hobby time, but with spring break coming up I think I can get this sucker made! "That... doesn't look like a missile. What are you building, Stark?"

+++

med_gallery_62495_9255_888248.jpg

med_gallery_62495_9255_529949.jpg

I do like the way the lords are portrayed, as sons of Dorn, they are proud and should be!

I will not pretend that my advice is sage or special, but I think that having a link to the page is fine, maybe, and this is totally up to you man, take all of the final writings that you want to stick with, and post them here as a final, and you can change the title of the thread to include your fluff. (Updating as you progress.)Also, some detail on campaigns, victories and losses, maybe. More character on a fighting force is always good, so I would suggest giving them a preffered way to wage war, or a preffered weapon.But, like I said, it is YOUR army, not mine Just some suggestions. ;)

I would go ahead and leave the fluff in the liber, as that's where it is meant to be on these wonderful forums, having the link in your signature will entice readers who like your posts to see more of your work, so that is fine enough.

The scythes would be honored to fight along such noble warriors as the crimson lords. Continue to do well and enjoy the lovely hobby!

Hey gang! Late night update from the soggy midwest. I'm plugging away at Cypher as an ally for my Crimson Lords (still very WIP). I love plastic conversions and I felt that Cypher needed a helmet to mask his identity. I would love some feedback though, so let me know how I am doing!

+++

med_gallery_62495_9255_235087.jpgmed_gallery_62495_9255_63630.jpg

med_gallery_62495_9255_73348.jpg

Archived