++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Cyrion is looking darn schmexy! His bionic arm came out nicely and his lightning tears are great. 

I love that he wears a Slaaneshi icon as a fanny pack accessory. Seems charmingly apropos :D

Uzas's cloak is so much better! Totally worth the redo. 

Talos looks spot on. That glaive encarmine transplant worked flawlessly. 

For Xarl... I'm glad you're steering clear of a pointy finger. I doubt your berzerker wouldn't mind giving up his chainsword... they're just as happy beating things with rocks or their hands, I'm sure :D

I'm really in love with your conversion of Talos, and the flayed cape on Uzas is top notch, horifying(ly) lovely. You are doing fantastic work and it's long over do that I chime in to say, beautiful stuff brother!

The new cape on Uzas is brilliant -- very much worth the hassle after all, as Flint pointed out. I stand corrected! ;)

Cyrion is pretty cool, all in all, but I cannot help feeling there's too much gold on his chest area, which seems to unbalance him a bit, visually. Alas I don't have any clever suggestions, as that is just the way his armour is designed.

Regarding those Terminator legs, I think they are easily the worst pair of legs from the chaos Terminator kit: The pose and detail just seem kinda phoned in to me -- I'm not saying they cannot be put to good use, but I find myself using them last (if at all) whenever I am building Terminators. You did manage to make them look considerably cooler with those dangling skulls on Cyrion, though, so maybe that's why I didn't complain back then? Plus I felt I was already giving you enough grief over his helmet ;)

As for the pose on Xarl, "Come at me bro!" would be excellent! I only suggested the pointy finger as a backup plan, anyway.

Thanks guys!

One long session later and Talos Volcaran is done! Behold:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/TALOS%20TWO%204_zpsxsfpfrkd.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/TALOS%20TWO%203_zpsjjbyfaem.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/TALOS%20TWO%202_zpscd4wjie2.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/TALOS%20TWO%205_zpsim2mbgnx.jpg

Hope you like! I myself am slightly unsure of the blue tint of the cables of his apothecary kits - perhaps those particular cables should've been more white, or metal even? Meh!

Replies:

@Flint13: Always the first to look :wink: Thanks! Yeah Cyrion's colourfull details didn't come out really nice. The eyes of his front daemon face are pink, while those of the one on his back are green... But the Slaaneshi symbol I also enjoyed putting there. :thumbsup: Glad you like Uzas' cloak and will do on the 'zerker theft. 

@Athrawes: Thanks buddy! Glad you left a comment, always appreciated. :smile.:

@KrautScientist: Ah I see. Yeah I agree - it is the last one for me too. UNfrotunately I cannot seem to get my hands on the fifth one in the kit without buying the entire kit... So I'm going to give Xarl a hanging skull (one or three though) too.  I agree on Cyrion's chest being too gold, but alas it is as you say: in hindsight I shouldn't have put that pouch on his chest. Oh well. I'll see what I can do on the come at me bro. :wink:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Even though I firmly trust in your abilities and talent, I wasn't quite sure whether you'd be able to produce a Talos that can keep up with kizzdoug's recently completed version. But this guy is absolutely amazing, and so we are left with two brilliant interpretations of the character emerging from the same forum at nearly the same time -- NUTS!

Just one nitpick: The stylised wings on the crossguard of his sword do seem a bit messy atm, and it's letting the rest of the model down, if you ask me. Why not save yourself the headache and paint the crossguard gold instead -- I think that would look quite a bit cooler anyway! ;)

Wait, Mr. Bear brings up a good point. Xarl is the last one to go, right? 

Such a short but impressive journey.

But this makes me think... I've seen about a half dozen takes on First Claw across the spans of the internet. But you know I've never once seen Septimus or Octavia? I bring this up since yours is a true scale take on the First Claw, what do you think of having a couple of fluffy additions to really frame that sense of scale? :D

But this makes me think... I've seen about a half dozen takes on First Claw across the spans of the internet. But you know I've never once seen Septimus or Octavia? I bring this up since yours is a true scale take on the First Claw, what do you think of having a couple of fluffy additions to really frame that sense of scale? :biggrin.:

This. It would also give you the opportunity to paint a female face you have been craving so much (and I'd get to criticise your efforts in return). Great suggestion from Flint!

Well, late to the party as usualy. Like everyone else, I have nothing but praise for your efforts. Glad Flint and Kraut pushed you to redo Uzaz's flayed skin cloak as it's now pretty much perfect. Talos looks fantastic. Many kudos for not messing up the details on the sword hilt when cutting it away from the original hand/wrist. I know from experience that that particular bit of model surgery is fiddly.

Edited by sockwithaticket

Cyrion looks great mate, Uzas new cloaks fantastic as well. Talos though, Talos is incredible. I wouldn't change a single thing on him he looks like the true bad ass he is in the books. Excellent work.

Looking forward to the daemons I need to learn to read the rules properly haha. I missed out on 4th place because of that.

Thanks guys!

@hushrong: Well that's certainly the intent. Thanks mate. :)

@KrautScientist: I'll respond to the kizzdougs thing at kizzdougs reply, but suffice to say here that I think it is very cool that there´s two very cool mini´s completed, both dedicated to the same ADB character! :tu: About the nitpick: I agree it is messy, but that's because the BA glaive could not be removed without damaging one side of the angel wings, and I had to greenstuff it, and my GS skills are far below being able to replicate true wings. So I'm left with an outer, upper wing that looks a bit crappy. Of well... I also cannot do it in gold, because Aurum is described as having a cross guard with 'milk white angel wing'... It's all int he books! ;) 

@Quixus: Cheers!

@Tarvick: Oh most definitely. Only Xarl to go!

@Flint13: Xarl is the last to go indeed, but also the guy that's giving me the most headaches to do.... I have only a week left for him so I cannot order new bits... Also, that Septimus and OCtavia idea is fricking awesome. I'm doing it (not as part of Atia's Arena Challenge though)! Thanks for the idea :tu:

@KrautScientist2: Hahaha that comment made me smile a lot! I totally (totes) had it coming and I gracefully accept the retort. Now I cannot mess her face up.... :unsure.:

@sockwithaticket: Never too late mate, I greatly appreciate you coming here to look at my mini's. The sword was a little messed up though... upper, outer crossguard....

@kizzdougs: I do not agree at all! I think it is so cool that you finished yours. (BTW You can take total credit for inspiring me to start my truescale first claw project, with that awesome finished Cyrion of yours. But dude.... I saw WIP posts of your Talos that go back to 2011 or something like that, and now you finish him? 'Incidentally' right at the time I'm starting a true scale first claw? I'm totally taking credits for motivating your hobby butterfly ass to finish him :wink: ) But both our Talos interpretations are completely different in style in both build and paint style. I tried to copy that winged backpack of yous, but couldn't figure our how you did it - without a surface to work on, it becomes so fiddly. You get a lot of kudo's for making that work. I also like that you stayed super true to the artwork by Shane Cool with the back pack spines made from the Terminator Sorcerer head thingies. I opted not to go for that as they didn't suit the look I was going for, but you made it work like a boss. In the end, I agree with KrautScientist in that we now have two awesome Talos incarnations on this very board and both were finished because of inspiration from this board. :tu: Congrats on yours!

I envy your painting time! The new cloak is great and I especially like the helmet design on the most recent member. For xarl I really liked the first set of loyalist legs. I was thinking maybe look at an ork chain sword for bulk and nastiness on the glaive? Also like the idea of a one handed stance and maybe crushing an imperial guardsman just to show off your true scaling prowess. Here's a link to the oath broken when you get a min http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/288859-lord-kravens-oath-broken-update-30315/page-3

@sockwithaticket: Never too late mate, I greatly appreciate you coming here to look at my mini's. The sword was a little messed up though... upper, outer crossguard....

So it is, I had to look very closely to notice, though, so you get a pass :wink:  I'll keep dropping by so long as you keep churning them out. Despite my disdain for traitors, I do have a bit of a soft spot for well done Night Lords and yours are easily among the best to grace this forum.

Oh man this is gonna be the coolest! can't wait to see first claw plus supporting cast for possibly the first time on the interwebz (in model form at least)

Sorry to burst your bubble but there are finished first claws in the HoH already IIRC.

Oh man this is gonna be the coolest! can't wait to see first claw plus supporting cast for possibly the first time on the interwebz (in model form at least)

Sorry to burst your bubble but there are finished first claws in the HoH already IIRC.

With supporting cast memembers?

Awesome painting!

Regarding Talon, I think that sword needs a tiiiiiiny bit mor eof work in the centre area...it looks like you did some airbrush pre-job and didn't finish it

I like the sword though, I wonder what chapter you stole it from ;)

Thanks everyone!

I started working on Xarl. MAN it was hard to get a pose that was 1. Dynamic. 2. Threatening. 3. Left his chest open. 4. Showed off his giant chainsword. 5. Shown he's good with said chaisword. Sigh. But I think I got it now. The bolter will be hung on a chain to the small of his back most likely. What do you think of him like this?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/2015-03-10%2009.51.24_zpsyt4tncv9.jpg

Let me know: feedback -as always- very welcome!

Replies:

@Atia: Thanks, grrl, I'm glad you like them!

@Eldrick Shadowblade: Thans mate! I'm steering away from Ork weaponry as I've found it to look to clumsy in the hands of astartes. What do you think of the eviscerator I used? 

@Flint13: Yes! Well, Octavia has three eyes and Septimus has an expensive (read subtle) augmented left check and eye. They are both probably dressed in indigo coloured overalls. That's about all I know at this point. ;)

@sockwithaticket: Thanks man! I promise to keep churning out my progress. And I'm glad you started a tank!

@Black_out: Thanks buddy! I'm kinda excited by it too :d

@Tanhausen: Cheers! About the sword, yeah that's just my style. I think of power swords as just regular swords that when activated give off a soft glow along the edges and the power cords - hence the almost bare part in the middle. I don't like those coloured swords that GW does for my mini's too much...

@Brother Heinrich: Coming from you I regard that as very high praise... :ohmy.:  thanks!