++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

The vexilarius conversion looks great! Also, I understand that you want him to go with your DDP but, are you sure you want to paint another filthy loyalist? Iron Warriors would be much more fun! ;-P Looking forward to see him finished, even if he's a fist!

Zomg, I think that's my dude with the big sword!

Like Navin R Johnson - I'm somebody now!  Millions of people look at this website every day!  This is the kind of spontaneous publicity, you're name on the internet, that makes people.  I'm on the internet!  Things are going to start happening to me now.

Looking good! Love the vexillarius!

By the way, didn't I name that Leviathan at some point? I seem to remember something of the sort... :wink:

Yes, yes you did, and you named him Volt Gerbrandt!

Also, you might have missed my answer (with tutorial) to your transfer question? :thumbsup:

The vexilarius conversion looks great! Also, I understand that you want him to go with your DDP but, are you sure you want to paint another filthy loyalist? Iron Warriors would be much more fun! ;-P Looking forward to see him finished, even if he's a fist!

DDP? As is known, I'm denser than gold. What does DDP mean? No worries on the Iron Warriors - they'll be a continuous project. I'm starting to get into the HH/30K for fun, as I only have a couple of pleople to play with. My local meta is 40K full swing, so if I want to get regular games in, that's what I have to concentrate on. 

The last of the assault marines needs a name?

Henric Isenhart for this chap? Although that name might fit better to the Leviathan^^

Boom! You're in. Thanks buddy!

Zomg, I think that's my dude with the big sword!

Like Navin R Johnson - I'm somebody now!  Millions of people look at this website every day!  This is the kind of spontaneous publicity, you're name on the internet, that makes people.  I'm on the internet!  Things are going to start happening to me now.

Yes, yes you are! Seriously, your comments always crack me up. :biggrin.: Nice classic reference there, btw. :thumbsup: You're gonne get your picture taken! You're gonne be in da paper! This is exciting!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

What kind of putty did you use on your bases? Id like to steal it for my New IW coming up!

I use Vallejo Sandy Paste. Doesn't matter which colour, as I paint over it anyway. I have two pots, one of which has a bit of chinchilla sand mixed in to give it a little more texture. 

DDP? As is known, I'm denser than gold. What does DDP mean? No worries on the Iron Warriors - they'll be a continuous project. I'm starting to get into the HH/30K for fun, as I only have a couple of pleople to play with. My local meta is 40K full swing, so if I want to get regular games in, that's what I have to concentrate on. 

DDP is dreadnought drop pod. I feel you with starting alone 30K, when I first started my SoH I was the only one in my local shop who had an Age of Darkness army and I mostly had to play them as CSM or against friends who allowed 30k vs 40k games. Fortunatelly there are more people who have gotten into the Heresy now.

My latest update post, wherein I admitted to and addressed hobby butterfly syndrome really cleared my head and drove me to focus!

In finished the last five Khornate Chaos Space Marines I still had to finish! I have a complete unit of ten now, yay! As soon as my FW order with a dozer blade arrives, I shall build and paint them a Rhino too. :tu:

Untill that time, there's the looming deadline of the Call of Chaos to address. Becoming a spawn last year did NOT feel good, so I am determined to finish the last three units before the deadline, on December 15th: a Chaos Rapier Laser Destroyer team and two Iron Circle models which I vowed as Iron Warrior Contemptor Dreadnoughts. Seeing as I ran out of my favourite Metal Paints (from the newish Vallejo Metal Color range), I decided to focus on the Rapier platform first. Hopefull by this time tomorrow, I'll be able to post a completion picture (along with pictures fo the five Khornate Chaos Space Marines I finished today. 

Here's a wip picture of the rapier platform:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsxumbzccz.jpg

Cheers!

Reply:

@ The Traitor: AH, that makes sense, of course. Again, I'm denser than gold, so forgive the confusion. I can totally relate to that. I think the BaC and BoP boxes really help adn stimulate the emergence of more 30K players. Hopefully more to come next year (possibly with MkII or MkV?)

Dude ... that's a lot of wine drinking ...

Pffff. Common wine is for plebs. Those are champagne corks. :tongue.::wink: OK, probably most of them are crémant, prosecco or cava corks (- which I prefer because they are wider and thus more stable than regular wine corks). Plus, that´s not all my effort alone. After (or during) a sunny day in a public park in Amsterdam, you can harvest enough to mount an infantry unit. :thumbsup::smile.:

Corks are just great for mounting miniatures in parts, which is why I collect them anywhere I go. :smile.: Sometimes I get weird looks, but it's secretly kinda fun to try and pick up a popped cork and take it with you without anyone noticing :D

Alright, Rapier Laser Destroyer finished for my Night Lords army. I have two more of them to paint, which will all follow in the next weeks. Why? Because they are awesome value for the points they cost, and will be the last optimalization in my 1250 Chaos tournament list.

This was the 1250 list before (my meta does regular one-day 1250 tournaments):

Hidden Content

HQ: Chaos Lord, MoN, Sigil, Bike, Fistyclaws

Troops: 3x 10 cultists with CC weapons, flamer

Fast Attack: 2x Baledrake;  4 MoN bikers + 2x flamer+ Lightning Claw + Meltabombs

Heavy Support: Maulerfiend;  3x Rapier Quad Heavy Bolter Battery;  7 Havocs + 4 Lascannons

However, those havocs cost 181 points, for four lascannons, one or two of which usually missed and then the rest hopefully would either cripple or damage a vehicle. Sometimes I got an extra Nurgle biker for 26 points instead of the two havocs meat shield marines, and the unit would cost 155 points.

Now, I can get three Rapier Laser Destroyer Batteries for 155 points. That's three S9 AP1 Twin Linked Ordnance shots. Granted, that's one less shot. But those three are practically guaranteed to hit, and with Ordnance and AP1 have a far better chance of actually blowing up the vehicle. Also, Rapiers are Artillery with two crew, which basically gives them not one (in the case of the five havocs), but six ablative wounds, and with Toughness 7 instead of 4. Mu. Ha. Ha. 

Alright, without further shenanigans, here's the pictures:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/temporary_zpsidxeaitp.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/temporary_zpsrbtsrkkq.jpg

Thanks for looking and for your feedback and comments!

Awesome Rapier! From where is that banner?

Thanks! The banner is from the Chaos Marauder kit. :)

The heresy on the banner is dangerously awesome :thumbsup:

Liking that will cause my damnation.

Oh please like it then! Do it. Do it!

Hidden Content

The rapier looks nice, although the OSL on the lascannons looks a little off to me.... Can't tell if it is because you cannot see the glowing rings, or that none of the glow from it is on the shield plate... Which would be a cool illumiination effect for the lightning.

Also love how you collect your corks :)

Alright, I managed to finally snap some pictures of the second half of the ten-man Khornate CSM squad I finished yesterday:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps8alehikm.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsxu4lwsf3.jpg

And with thaty, I finished the first of three ten-man Khornate Chaos Space Marines with two meltaguns:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsooiqwqbi.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpshwvrc94t.jpg

Now, to get them a Rhino.... :biggrin.:

I'm also starting to re-base the two five-man Berzerker squads I painted back in early 2015. They all have MkIII legs and with the BoP box I have, it should be easy to expand them with five men each, of which two per squad carry meltaguns. This way, I'll only have to paint ten more guys and three more Rhinos to complete the 1250 KDK list I've been (test-)gaming with for the past couple of weeks. It's a fluffy, not super competitive list, but I managed to play and win four very exciting games with it so far.

Here is the 1250 KDK list:
HQ: Khorne Lord on Juggernaut with Fistyclaws and Sigil of Corruption

Troops: 3x (10 Khornate CSM with 2 meltaguns in Rhino with Dozer Blade)

Fast Attack: 10 Flesh Hounds

Heavy Support: 2x Maulerfiend

It has plenty of redundancy, 6 scoring units, no anti-air, but plenty of anti-hord and anti-armour to make up for that - plus a perfect (fast moving, hard-hitting and tough) delivery system (the Flesh Hounds) for the hard-as-nails Lord. :smile.: I'll use the two Blood Slaughterers I painted during the last ETL as Maulerfiends. :thumbsup:

Anyway, thanks for looking!

Replies:

@ Nemac Vradon: Thanks, buddy! Yeah the banner does look pretty cool, no? :smile.:

@ dantay_xv: That's a good point on the OSL, thanks! I'll fix that when I'll paint the other two Laser Destroyer Rapier.s :thumbsup:

Alright, Call of Chaos is ending on Thursday and I still need to paint two Iron Circle models if I want to remain not a spawn. 

So I assembled the last of the three boys I have and undercoated it. You probably can't see it that well, but the Iron Circle model's legs are semi-mono pose, in that the knee is set at a specific angle, and the left leg is always in front - the last of which is verty easily adjusted with a simple saw-and-reattach-with-a-pin maneuver that I just named as such.  ;)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Iron%20Warriors/temporary_zpssv1s4ras.jpg

I already finished the hazard striped on this model as I type this, and am currently in the process of highighting the black areas. Then, it's just the brass edging and the green details, and we're done! Hopefully I can finish this today. Otherwise I have tomorrow to do this :)

Cheers!

Replies:

Nice work with the warriors of Khorne, liking the use of the reavers.

Thanks buddy! Yeah the reavers are cool models. A bit smallish, but acceptable to use in conjunction with the other SM range.

This thread is beyond words.

Thanks! And, well, your books are pretty awesome. :)

I'll find some for you!

Baldy with raised sword is eye- catching in that blasphemous kinda way.

As a baldy myself, I take that as a compliment. :tu:

Both the rapier and the khornate CSM look great, the Night Lord banner being specially awesome.

Cheers, buddy! That banner is the third of its kind in the Night Lords army. I can't help but get back to it time and time again. I'll probably feature it on one of the Khornate Squads too. :)

Boom! I finished painting, basing and weathering the two Iron Circle Domitar-Ferrum Class Battle Automata!

Here's the jolly duo:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Iron%20Warriors/WP_20161214_007%202_zps19psdvuf.jpg

And here are pictures from each individual miniature from a couple different angles. 

I'm particularly pleased with how this one turned out. You see, the Iron Circle miniatures have pretty fixed leg poses in that you have to place the left leg in front. This limits the amount of poses obviously, so I decided to alter that and do some sawing and some re-pinning/glueing. As such, this one is posed with the right leg in front, a conversion that is both simple and subtle, but which gives the unit some much needed variety.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Iron%20Warriors/Iron%20Circle%202_zpsonp4ko8q.jpg

Speaking of a lack of variety - actually the Iron Circle model is incredibly posable. I'm just a nitpicker that is very anal about leg poses. As you also can see, I tried to make the distribution of the hazard stripes, black, and metal on the armour plates and particularly on the shields, as varied as possible, which gives the unit a very unique character, if I may say so myself. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Iron%20Warriors/Iron%20Circle%203_zpsm4rowfys.jpg

Now, I already had finished one for the ETL this year. That one's pictures were crap, so I made new ones of it during this shoot:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Iron%20Warriors/Iron%20Circle%201_zpsvoif4myj.jpg

And with him, I now have a proper maniple of three! 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Iron%20Warriors/WP_20161214_011%202_zpsxjf4738u.jpg

I´m feeling a sudden urge to paint a certain Primarch, Iron Havocs, and Tyrant Siege terminators! :)

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Replies:
@ Atia: Haha if there'd be any daemon world I would love to be a Spawn on, it'd be on yours. Unlucky for you, I just finished my Call of Chaos vow, and as such will have to pass on the opportunity. :whistling: