++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Hey, 

I have that arm/sword spare from my Deathwatch conversions - I'm looking at it right now!

If you want it, drop me a PM and I'll post it out to you.

Dude thank you so much! I would love that bit - yes! I tried to send you a PM but apparently your inbox is full, because I can't send it to you... :o

Generally if I get breaks on really thin pieces a little ball of green stuff smushed into the join can really strengthen the bond. So super glue on one side, a small green stuff blob in the middle and then super glue on the other side maybe?

(Edited because I apparently can't type)

Thanks for the advice, buddy, but that contraption is waaaaaaaaaay too flimsy for my standards (I end to pin even space marine arms to the bodies because I consider that bond too fragile). Superglue leaves a very fragile bond, and putting Greenstuff between the material makes it even weaker. Considering we're dealing with a very thin surface in the first place, I can't imagine the bond you're suggesting will withstand any kind of gaming or transporting. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Molotov beats my suggestion to start over.

And I'm swiping that gif because Star Wars gifs make me feel better too.

Well, I've taken him up on his offer! BTW that's the second time you've nicked something off of my thread. Third time's a charm, buddy. I expect a cookie next time. 

Have you think of super glue with some activator ? It make the glue really resistant and it help with thine break like this :)

.. Beside without a Sword this one as no chance in front of the blood drinker for a "you shall not pass!" action ^^

Yikes! Hopefully you can get that replacement blade otherwise I may have one somewhere in the abysmal pit I call my bitz collection.

Also, I love seeing pics of people completed minis collection. Seeing those shelves stocked with awesome armies is fantastic.

Cheers for the feedback and advice, guys :)

After I was forced to put the Deathwatch librarian project on hold due to the breakage, I went along and painted the OP metal librarian with Force Sword. :)

Codicier - to be named and fluff written for them - reserved for Commisar Molotov
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpstn8qmqze.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsm9zwmrax.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsfbqqsis2.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsirlqyxlp.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zps5ftky5iz.jpg

And here he is with his recent buddy, Daeno Kho.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsuflzlvac.jpg

And here's my Imperial Fists Librarius so far:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsboyt5bqk.jpg

I hope you like him!!  Feedback most welcome. :)

Replies:

@ malcharion: Thanks for the reply, but activator makes the bond that super glue makes even more brittle than it already is. That would leave an incredibly fragile bond, which is not what I'm looking for in a gaming piece. :) Also, blood drinker? I thought they were called the Blood Ravens?

@ Bjorn Forewalker: That gave me an idea that might help, but I'll hopefully get a replacement soon. Thanks!

@ Commisar Molotov: Cheers! Replying now :)

@ hushrong: Thanks for the help, buddy! Much appreciated. And yeah, it's a pretty big collection... 

I like the "retro" feel of them, they bring me back to when I started the hobby and all characters where made of metal... Also the force weapons look great, as well as the contrast with your fantastic yellow!

Love the paintjobs on those Librarians, buddy! Fantastic work! There's just something off about the helmeted guy, I think, and it has something to do with the super-awkward (stock) pose of his sword arm -- I don't even understand what they were originally going for there.

Thanks, guys. 

With my back recovering more and more quickly, I have started work again, which is taking it's toll on my energy levels. Yesterday was the yearly Kings Day, which is a national holiday in the Netherlands. I didn't join in on the activities in Amsterdam, but took a slow day to regain my strengths. Today I'm off too, so I started preparing for tomorrow - which not only is my birthday, but also another 1000 point tournament!

I have a nasty list in mind, which came together with some help of my buddy Ruben. I'm not going to write down what I'm taking, because participants of the tournament are looking here. But I will say it involves another one of these:

Hidden Content

99120101069_DropPodNEW01.jpg

Tonight will see me doing a practice match against Ruben. Excited! It's also weird, because this will probably be one of the last games I'll play with the 7th Edition rules. With all the 8th edition leaks going on and all codices going on 'last chance to buy' status on the GW website, I'm betting 8th edition will be released in the June issue of WD. But who knows?

Replies:

@ guardian31: Cheers! Yeah his hand kinda was intended to be a 'release of power' kinda thing. ;)

@ Race Bannon: Cheers! It's what I was aiming for. Also: another list incoming (tomorrow)

@ The Traitor: I know, right? They give a trip through memory lane. Regarding that, I have some exciting things coming up in the near future :tu:

@ hushrong: Haha indeed! 

@ Biohazard: Thanks! I'm trying to collect them all now. I already bought the one with the power axe from eBay last week, and yesterday saw me buying a very special rendition of the other one with the power axe. I'll elaborate on that when I have him :)

@ KrautScientist: I know right? I don't understand his pose either. I painted him purely for the memory lulz. ;)

Thanks, guys, for the birthday wishes :smile.: Yesterday indeed was a good one. I'll be celebrating today with my family.

I did, however, get an awesome, awesome gift on my birthday. I found it in my mail box, and it's from one of the frater here on B&C, Commisar Molotov. When my librarian's force sword broke last week, he kindly offered to send me a replacement (which is yet another example of how this forum is just a fantastic community) and it arrived promptly on my birthday! 

So a big 'ol THANK YOU to Commissar Molotov! Mate, you're a champ and exactly the kind of frater that makes this community so awesome. Cheers!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20170430_002_zps2cqbfhvf.jpg

Apart from my birthday, yesterday also saw the last 7th Edition tournament I will likely attend. With 8th rumoured to be released mid-June, the tournament saw only six players, which was a bit of a shame. It also showed why 8th edition is so welcome. Warhammer 40,000 is pretty much broken - as shown by the absolute havoc that my list wreaked.

My list was as follows:

CAD

Librarian, level 2

Tactical Squad (sergeant, 4 marines) Meltagun, Drop pod

Tactical Squad (sergeant, 3 marines, Imperial Space Marine) Meltagun, Drop pod

Centurion Devastators (sergeant with Omniscope, 2 Centurions), Grav Cannons and Grav Amps

Drop Pod 

Storm Wing Formation
Storm Talon, Skyhammer Missile Launcher

Storm Talon, Skyhammer Missile Launcher

Land Speeder, 2x Heavy Flamer

Of course the plan was always to pretty much null deploy - putting the land speeder behind line of site blocking terrain - and then alpha striking my opponents' hardest unit with the Imperial Space marine tactical squad, and destroying another scary unit with the Centurions and the librarian in the drop pod. That trick was especially filthy, as the librarian rolled on the Geokinesis table, and I was super lucky to get the power Phase Form every game, which allows the librarians unit to ignore line of sight and gives Ignore Cover. In other words, the Centurions could land in line of sight blocking terrain, and shoot anything in range. Not in sight, no, in range. With Ignores Cover. For a single Warp Charge. Insane.

Here's a picture of the army:
Hidden Content
http://hannahshealthyeats.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/panir-gerdu3.png

Oh no, wait, like this:

Hidden Content

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsjsybmuuv.jpg
The Storm Talons have lascannons in the picture, but, as stated, they were armed with skyhammer missiles. Also, I used a Dreadnought Drop Pod model for the Centurions, but it was used as a normal drop pod.

The first game was the toughest. The mission was a standard maelstrom mission where every objective held at the end of the game was worth 2 points. I faced an allied contingent consisting of a large squad of Custodes with a Grey Knight Librarian and Saint Celestine and her two bodyguards, a large squad of Grey Knight Terminators, and a Nemesis Dreadknight. I deleted his Dreadknight and Saint Celestine in the first turn, after which he round up the centurions with the Custodes and the resurrected Celestine. In the end, we both had only four models left: two Grey Knight terminators and Celestine with one bodyguard for him, and three Drop Pods and a Storm Talon for me. Result 25-10 for me

The second game against Tau was a total domination. A Daedlock maelstrom game with 2 points per table quarter held at the end of the game. I alpha struck his Ghostkeel and a unit of Stealthsuits with the Centurions alone (whose sergeant used his omniscope to split-fire at the stealth suit), plus his only Broadside suit with the Imperial Space Marine. Turn three wipe-out. Won 23-0.

Here's a shot of the batlefield, emptied of the Tau Xenos:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20170429_001_zpstkzjylry.jpg

The last game was against my buddy/nemesis Dean (Who named the Librarian I used against him) with his Mechanicum kill cadre. We are both competitive players and shift our armies with the local meta, so the game was a bit of a doozy. We mutually decided to call it quits after turn three. We were named joint 'winners' of the tiny tournament, and that was that.

So yeah, what do you gus think? Do you agree that 7th is broken, and that 8th edition is both necessary and welcome? 

Have a great Sunday!

Replies:

@ Scion of Ferru: Thanks, buddy!

@ Venator: Cheers, buddy! If you want to know how I achieve it, here's a tutorial.

@ KrautScientist: Haha, thanks mate! Indeed, I was not sober when you posted that comment. :biggrin.:

@ guardian31: Thanks you! The games went as they went, but they confirmed to me that 40K is in desperate need of balancing. 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Happy late birthday!  It would have been on time, but I only found this thread 2 days ago, and just now caught up to real time.

I can't believe the pace and detail you paint with!  Just incredible!

I'll be using many of your techniques when painting and assembling my army.  The bending over the paperclip onto the base is mind-blowing! 

I'll be sure to make this one of my regular stops.

Keep up the good work!

RSJake

Your army looks amazing I especially like the balance of Brie and Camembert. 

On a more serious note together the actual army looks great even if it's a cheese fest on the gaming table. 

Last time I played 40k my daemon knight was blown away turn 1 by wraith knight D weapon. After that and my overly rushed list missing around 250 points I was promptly face stomped by a Iyanden wrath list it was such a stomping I don't think the extra 250 points I was missing would have helped.

I want 8th now so I can work out what to paint up next.

Cheers, guys!

I have the day off today, and have been looking forward to a good day of hobby time. So, with the Blood Raven librarian force sword arm in my possession, I set out to work on the original model Blood Ravens miniature  -breaking off the broken right arm and getting into the process of repairing the body and preparing the unpainted new sword arm to attach it. But then something I my brain went 'hey!'.... You see, I have been wanting to create a librarian of the Betrayal at Calth Chaplain miniature for a while, and had een slowly collecting bits for it. And then I stumbled on From the Warp's Ron's Psychic Hood conversion tutorial. Wasting no time, I set to work, and this is the result:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20170506_004_zpss44t7ylz.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20170506_001_zpsxlq4bhqc.jpg

And a picture of the miniature with an appropriate Librarian head I somehow (no idea when or where from I got it ) had in my bits box. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20170506_006_zpsbwb1slyl.jpg

So you see, I ended up using the Force Sword arm on another model. I initially felt a bit awkward about this: Commissar Molotov sent it to me to fix the original miniature. But then I thought that seeing that that also was a conversion, I didn't think he'd mind if I use it to create an even more awesome (in my opinion) librarian! So, Commissar Molotov, what do you think?

I also started sculpting some of the psychic runes common on Space Marine force weapons on a Grey Knight spear, which will serve to portray the force sword of the librarian which is based on the Blood Ravens one.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20170506_007_zpssqmpqyyl.jpg

I hope you like them. Feedback, critique, and comments welcome. Is anything missing?

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Dark Rage: Thanks! It's done with GW Nihilakh Oxide... simple yet effective no? 

@ RSJake: Well, I'm thankful either way: birthday wishes are always welcome :D Most of my basing and airbrushing skills have been learned from the BuyPainted youtube channel. You should check it out :)

@ Mechanist: Don't forget the Stilton I put in there. Your experience is recognizable. I've been on the giving and receiving end so many ties in the last year. Neither way makes for a particularly fun game, don't you think? Hopefully 8th edition will put an end to power creep. 

@ Olis: Indeed! His generosity, and that of many on the forum, is part of what makes this place awesome. 

It's always nice to see that biker librarian.

And a picture of the miniature with an appropriate Librarian head I somehow (no idea when or where from I got it ) had in my bits box.

I believe it's from a Grey Knights kit. They're the only models that come with heads that have a leather cowl like the one helmet wearers from the Middle Ages used as far as I know.