++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Ha ha, I forgot it was part of a vow ok! I'm relatively new to bolter and it feels like there is always something to vow for that I'm too late in noticing so I guess that everything anything anyone is doing could always be a vow.  Sorry you guys, lost, there's always next year though! maybe I'll even join in. Anyway, yeah that lord turned out great, I also managed to find the prince too, really pleased with how well you executed that, I really like that model and i've thought about doing something with it for a while but never really nailed down how I would use all the parts.  I love these obective markers! The Nurgling oozebath is a really cool idea but I also like the burning censors, its clever how just turning them by 90 degrees makes them look like the flame is blowing in the wind rather than rising. very cool idea.

Ha ha, I forgot it was part of a vow ok! I'm relatively new to bolter and it feels like there is always something to vow for that I'm too late in noticing so I guess that everything anything anyone is doing could always be a vow.  Sorry you guys, lost, there's always next year though! maybe I'll even join in. Anyway, yeah that lord turned out great, I also managed to find the prince too, really pleased with how well you executed that, I really like that model and i've thought about doing something with it for a while but never really nailed down how I would use all the parts.  I love these obective markers! The Nurgling oozebath is a really cool idea but I also like the burning censors, its clever how just turning them by 90 degrees makes them look like the flame is blowing in the wind rather than rising. very cool idea.

We literally lost because I was an idiot and vowed 60 kitbash-heavy cultists :lol: (Sorry Auggy!)

Thanks everyone!

A long hobby day with hobby buddy Graham yields me this: 30 based and primered Plaguebearers and three Nurgling bases that I didn't even had to buy, but which consist solely of the nurglings you get with the Plaguebearers, Mortarion, and an assortment of other Nurgle Daemon and Death Guard Characters. Cheap, and easy! ;)

Ready for paint:

hNmGRxq.jpg

In addition, Graham brought me this box from discounter:

a9q9BXt.jpg

It's controversial! It's scandalous! I love these kits. I already put one body together (leaving on side panel unglued) and I'm pretty confident I can fit the Knight Pilots I have in there. That will be today's job.

Cheers!

Replies:

@ BCK: haha thanks, buddy! Gad you like it so much!

@ Quixus: Cheers! Perhaps I should add bubbles?

@ brettfp: Steal away!

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks

@ Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Of course Roman Numerals on those plates!

@ Pandoras Bitz Box: Most major events are either featured in the banner on the top of the page and/or are pinned to the top of the Works in Progress Section in the Forge. Thanks for spotting the burning censers! I thought that was pretty clever myself ;)

@ Gederas: No, we lost as a team. I was joking about the pain. We've learned and moved on. Besides, this is all just a chaotic ruse to trick the loyalists into complacency, so we can strike back at them next year!

@ DuskRaider: Ha! That's exactly how I envisioned it :)

@ rednekkboss: Loot away!

Fantastic updates but I am smitten with those objective markers! Those are awesome.

But not as awesome as all the details you are putting into your knight. That is top notch work with the tusked head and customized faceplate and that engine bay.

Sorry in advance if you have already answered this, but how are you doing the bones that stick out of the Plaguemarines? I also painted mine a lighter more bone like color than the standard green but can't get the bones to stick out from the armor like yours do.

Thanks.

Cheers, guys. Progress of the Nurgle Daemons is well underway. I can finish them before the tournament on Sunday. Here's a WIP shot in hidden brackets, as it's not that interesting... 

Hidden Content

ZqedmFj.jpg

What is far cooler, IMO, is the following: Chaos Armiger Helverins! Hurray! 

zWDNiFP.jpg

With cockpits!! HURRAY!!

Here's the left engine... 

lOx6egg.jpg

EIWrUNE.jpg

r3CtiOi.jpg

And the guy from the right:

WHAR8u7.jpg

zKAE2i2.jpg

tCXZ7CX.jpg

Apologies for the plastic and resin dust everywhere, this required some hefty sandpapering and sawing with my hobby saw... :D I managed to build both without compromising the upper Armiger parts in any way. Now, I admit it's pretty easy to make these if you have access to the FW Knight pilots - the only real requirement is some good plasticard building skills. Still, I'm pretty proud that I managed this so well - and had an absolute blast doing it!

Now, all that remains is to chaosify these guys. I'm planning a similar treatment as with the knight I've been building, meaning sculpte dtrim with nails and horns here and there, as well as some skulls on spikes and the occasional chain. These guys aren't that big, and I hold fast to the adage that less is more. Still, this requires some work. 

Anyway, I hope you likee them and welcome your feedback and critique in the comments!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Atia: Well, behold!

@ hushrong: Well thanks, buddy! I'm glad you like the objective markers and the Knight so much!

@ Conine: No worries, I'm also here to help and are happy to answer your questions :) The horns are GW Karak Stone with a GW Agrax Earthshade wash, followed by a spray of AP Matt Black to the tips. When they're particularly long, I put in a 'middle spray' of GW Rhinox Hide. This colour and technique is different enough from the armour recipe I use to differentiate the horns from the armour.  I hope this helps. 

These look awesome. I have a couple of the FW Knight thrones but preferred the sentinel parts to mesh with the pilots I’ve used. Can’t wait to see these guys once you’ve added the GS.

I have to say the additional plasticard details are fantastic. :tu:

Edited by Biohazard

Fantastic work on those Armiger interiors! I had to smile at seeing the flat surfaces on the sides, as one of my pilots looks the exact same way on one side -- not much space in there, right? ;)

The Titan Principes work really well -- although I'd say the second one could do with a more interesting/distressed/chaotic head. The reactor block, in particular, is an ingenious bit of kitbashing! Excellent work!

I realise you are under a tight deadline, but please don't rush these too much and take your time (as much as you can, at any rate) to work on their exteriors as well. I am really looking forward to seeing what you have planned for them! By the way, was it a conscious choice to mix and match the Warglaive and Helverin armour plates on the same model, or were you just tacking them on there for a quick mockup?

Big Nurgle Daemon update: I finished all units that only on Monday were all unpainted (and excepting the Poxbringer, also unbuild). So here's what I have:

Plaguebearers (30 of 'm)

DVqZJXB.jpg

Nurgling Bases (3 of 'm). These werec oncstructed using the Nurglings from three sets of plaguebearers and the Foul Blightspawn, Tallyman, and Mortarion Death Guard characters.

S0JQVrN.jpg

Poxbringer

AXOUMXG.jpg

fwLOGDo.jpg

ckkSweK.jpg

VzEsbsT.jpg

So, that's them. Now onward to the Helverins!

Comments, thoughts, feedback and banter most welcome. :wink:

Cheers!

Replies:

@ ElDuderino: That is indeed a terminator back used for the engine exhausts! The other part os from the Knight melta weapon. 

@ Biohazard: Thanks! Plasticard is a great material to work with, actually. You just need a thin, metal ruler and a sharp knife to make it work. 

@ Doghouse: Thank you! 

@ DuskRaider: Hey, we are crazy. We just work each other up to greater hobby heights. It's called peer pressure :wink: The Armigers will have the same theme as the Knnight, yes :smile.:

@ KrautScientist: Glad you like them! And yes, space is cramped in there. I actually thought the second one had a particularly nice 'mad scientist' look about him! And don;t worry, I will not rush these. I'll hopefully start them, but seeing as the tournament is a training for an actual ITC tournament in Manchester, units don;t have to be finished. About the mixing of parts: that was intentional and also: well spotted! :thumbsup::smile.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Oh man those cockpits are brilliant!

Just a little more cramped than a knight because as a pilot you also just matter less than the Lord.

Some great detail in there, clever use of the terminator torso too.

I wish I was even 10% as effective at painting armies as you are..... I'll try to at least have a unit painted next game.

Great work on these Augs. The cockpit looks great and I love the engine block, fantastic idea. I totally bottled it on my open cockpit and just hid the interior differently rather than accurately expose it.

That's Poxbringer is such a simple but effective idea, it looks so much more badass then the usual plague bearers but with total continues. The paint job ties it up so nicely it just seems like a legit model. Fantastic work,makes me wish I had nurgle so I could try out some of your ideas.

Great stuff as usual man! :) I have finally caught up with your blog. Again..

I am loving those Nurglings having a bath in Nurgle knows what! Also, the cockpits that you are making are crazy, can't wait to see those finished.

Also, also.. That Lord is an amazing use of parts. I am not too keen on that head but you have made it work.

Edited by Aslomov

Sorry for the long hiatus, guys. I've been very busy with - well with life? I don't know. I'm constantly craving some hobby time and today my patience (or lack thereof) was rewarded with three blissful hours.So I started working on the Knight!

Here's what I have so far. 

bhqfSfE.jpg

I went with the colour scheme of Renegade Knight House Atrax, with less red details and more black. The house's sigil, three sable swords on a field of gules, will be easy enought to freehand on future Knights. This one simply doesn't have the space for insignia - although perhaps I'll redo the shield.  

Atrax_Icon_Frayed_Banner.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Cheers

Replies!

@ Maarten: Thanks, bro! Glad you like the interior designs so much. Also: next game - when??

@ Sgt. Blank: Thank you! It was very easy to make this conversion - it really only took a blob of greenstuff to sculpt the neck. 

@ Noctis Cornix: haha cheers, buddy! Glad to see you're back too. I'll have a looksee through your stuff as well :)

@ brettfp: I appreciate it, mate!

@ Pandoras Bitz Box: I'd love to see some of your future nurgle stuff :) Thanks for the kind words :tu:

@ Aslomov: The head is made to fit a miniature that belows and screams to the gods. I don't like the head either, but in this pose it's just perfect :D