++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

I hope everyone has had a nice Christmas or at least some nice days off. Mine where filled with stereotypical binge-eating, awkward family conversations, and too little sleep. It doesn't help that in the Netherlands, we don't have Boxing Day - we have a so-called Second Christmas Day, to accomodate couples and have two of those meals, one with each family. Ugh.

Anyway, today was quieter. The GF is sleeping after a night shift at the hospital, which means hobby time for me!

I'm doing a couple projects at the same time, namely:

The Rhino and the Biologis Putrifier

ziYfRiP.jpg

I stripped, repaired, rebased, rebasecoated and started painting my one and only unit of Plague Drones:
FcPGH9l.jpg

and last but not least, I've started prepping the bases for the last unit of twenty Plague Bearers (glueing red transparent plasticard over those slottabases):

1E6bp2y.jpg

That's it for now. Stay tuned.

Cheers!

Replies:

@ KrautScientist: You did give me those, and forgive me for not remembering. And thanks again!  I did start thinking about building some Necronmunda/INQ28 miniatures, but sadly only after I converted and primed the brute....  Oh well, hpefully he'll still fit.

@ rednekkboss: Yeah it's an idea I grabbed from DuskRaiders thread (like many other Nurgle/Death Guard ideas) and it's weoking out to be very useful.

@ Midnight Runner: I hadn't and thanks for pointing it out!

@ Race Bannon: Hey buddy! Glad to see you around these here parts again! 

@ steamius: Cheers!

@ steamius: Ha! You're talking about the oblitirators I posted in early 2014? Slowly working your way through the thread, eh? :) That's cool! I hope you find some inspirational work in here. :tu:

Been away from the hobby a little bit so playing catch up.

You’ve been to two tournaments. That looks like so much fun. Must be great to take an army like yours to a tournament. Well done on your victories and best painted nomination. Your living the dream.

Those Khorne models are great, I’d somehow missed Captain eight legs, he’s fantastic.

I’ve also somehow missed Scabiathrax somewhere along the way. It’s really an unbelievable amount of models to complete in 9 months.

Rhinos are looking the business, those horns and faceplate are coming along nicely and it’s great to see the tentacle maker getting a work out.

Great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers, buddy! Stop by more often!

Happy new year to everyone. It's been a while since I posted here. The hobby time is becoming rarer and rarer with the moving of house coming closer. Still, I managed to finish the third Death Guard Rhino! Pictures:

yBHrcre.jpg

AjVzdS8.jpg

RIfJokw.jpg

xiZxhxQ.jpg

s9DW9ZJ.jpg

294IWgE.jpg

UqUUYZi.jpg

rxbSiGA.jpg

Here it is with a token squad of Plague Marines. Double this amount of them fit inside - did you know? ;)

CP3niqq.jpg

And here it is with its three friends! :smile.:

yHxDt9j.jpg

I hope you like it. Feedback most welcome. Onwards to the Plague Drones and the Biologis Putrifier.

Cheers!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Those are some really unique tanks, which look great together. I like how each one has the same features, but in different styles, e.g. the lamps/exhaust stacks, or even the splayed cabling at the back.

Fantastic work on the Rhino! All of the extra detail that you added really makes the tank look characterful and unique. I particularly like the barrels on the back and the sinister cables/tenticals/tubes protruding from the top hatch. They definitely help to make the Rhino look more 'sentient' and remind me of the old possessed vehicle upgrade (I can't remember what the upgrade was actually called) :tu:

Fantastic rhino buddy! That mount on the dozer blad is so good that it's making me laugh with excitement! I love the crackle in the paint to. Man, the colours are so cool, such a great contrast while ago not overpowering each other, something I feel like I need to master... Or grasp at all.

I feel compelled to have to pull a "Columbo" and say "one more thing...". The little green skulls in the acoves on top. I can't make out that much detail on them compared to the rest of the the tank. Is that because they are a light source? I was wondering if either they could do with some more contrast if not or some OLS on the alcoves if so? Maybe it's just me though... I'll back out now bowing with subservience to your superior painting skills before someone thinks I'm getting too big for my boots!

Wow, thanks a lot, everyone, for the overwhelmingly positive comments re: the Rhino and its pals. I appreciate it!

Today I finished the trio of Plague Drones. They have a story behind them, as I painted them up for ETLIV, I believe. Here's their original colour scheme in hidden brackets:

Hidden Content

KnLEoJy.jpg

I had always disliked the colour scheme I painted them in, but never got around doing them properly as there where cooler projects. Now that I am rounding up my Death Guard and Nurgle Daemon army, I decided to strip and repair them, and repaint them! To my surprise, I really enjoyed painting them - which might have something to do with the spur-of-the-moment decision to do their wings in green. :)

Here's pictures:

vGueuR6.jpg

Champion

RbGgvSv.jpg

Musician

Jv4FOtj.jpg

Icon Bearer (as you know, I used the icon on my second Death Guard Rhino's dozer blade, so I had to revert to a regular Plaguebearer Icon. ;)

SeAqqkp.jpg

I hope you like them! Thanks for looking, for your comments, and onwards to the next project!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Grotsmasha: Hey buddy! Always nice to see a comment from you here!

@ DuskRaider: I live indeed! You know how it is with the holidays. About the Chaos Undivided front (and back) plate - they indeed came with an interior late, but seeing as I don't do interiors of tanks, I left it our for maybe a future project? Next was these drones, but I'm also working on 20 more Plaguebearers, the giant Poxbringer, a Biologis Putrifier, and three Bloat Drones with lawnmowers - of which two are custom build using the DI drones...

@ Sagentus: Cheers! I should post a recap of miniatures painted in 2018, shouldn't I?

@ Doghouse: He returns! Cheers, mate, good to see you comment here. :) And thanks for the high praise - you're among the frater who got me posting here on this board (in fact, my first comment ever was in your truescale thread) , so there's always a lingering 'wow it's Doghouse!' when you comment :D

@ Pearson73: Thanks, and cit's cool that you picked up on the similar but different style ;)

giphy.gif

@ guardian31: Hurray - and hey presto they're done! What do you think?

@ KrautScientist: Krautyboy! Good to see you and happy new year! Yeah the green skulls are weird but it's too late to change as they need to be green to make the Rhino fir its two buddies....

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Dude! Another army? I've only been slaving away at this one for the better part of 2018!

@ Kizzdougs: Possessed vehicle upgrade? Don;t remember that one - but I have been away from the hobby for ten years before returning in 2012, so maybe I missed it because of that? Care to show Picture?

@ rednekkboss: Thank you! Coming from the Lord of the Swamp, the Rightful Redneck, the Slayer of Geese himself, that is much appreciated. :)

@ Pandoras Bitz Box:

UnlinedHelplessElver-small.gif

But I agree on the lights.

@ Freakshow668: Thanks! Another happy find to see the barrels that come with the Container Kit the same size as those on the Giant Guard tank, I forget what it's called right now. 

Cheers, guys!

Another squad of 20 Plague Bearers finished!

LNJWcbi.jpg

I'm particularly pleased with the command group, as I used the bits from the Plague Drones command. They differ quite a lot from the standard command group. I'm sorry I hadn't thunk about this earlier, as I would have loved to give a plaguebearer musician a Marauder drum instead of a flute...

N02WeWM.jpg

I hope you like them and appreciate your feedback. 

Onwards to finishing the Biologis Putrifier!

Cheers

Replies:

@ steamius: Haha thanks :)

@ DuskRaider: Yeah that as the idea - I'm glad it's so well-received, for I now know what colour to do the wings on my still to be built Mortarion :D :tu:

@ rednekkboss: Thanks, buddy!