++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Your blight haulers and latest squad turned out great.

I'm looking forward to your Land Raider.

Your thread is fantastic, I've been making good use of the index to follow your tutorials. A really useful resourse for the community. Thanks!

I also am partly blaming you for my recent fall to Nurgle once again.

Alright, tonight is the night. After a week of vacation and some intense weeks of works before and afterwards, I go back to focus on the ETL

OR IS IT?

It is. But I also got distracted. You see, KrautScientist made some annoying sense again and called out my lackluster conversion/improvement of the Noxious Blightbringer. Apparently the hand with the palm facing upwards looks like it's beckoning instead of like it's casting. So I fixed it last night in five minutes! I thought it'd be a big problem as the vambrace is turned around... so I just sawed off the entire vambrace, turned it around, and pinned it back in place with a blob of GreenStuff in between. Done! :)

nUw2PnW.jpg

r7IomOi.jpg

0y8hCeo.jpg

What do you think? Let me know! 

Now, on to painting Typhus and his bodyguard....

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: DM boxset? 

@ Lord Commander Eidolon: Yeah dude, when it was rereleased in 1998, I was thrilled and did two - a Nurgle one and a Khornate one. :) 

@ TURBULANCE: PULL THE TRIGGER!!!

@ hushrong: Cheers! 'Unique Death Guard charm' sounds lovely!

@ Krakendoomcool: Hey, that's nice of you to say, buddy! Thanks! 

I love it! Plus, you can imagine him just reaching out for his next victim.

The only thing killing me though is a mold line running down the center of the helm. Any chance to remove it and touch up the paint to this stage?

And when it comes to sounds form the Death Guard all I can imagine are weird crunchy pops followed by a squish. :)

Glad to see you back at work, buddy! Hope you had a nice vacation, though! :smile.:

Alright, tonight is the night. After a week of vacation and some intense weeks of works before and afterwards, I go back to focus on the ETL

OR IS IT?

It is. But I also got distracted. You see, KrautScientist made some annoying sense again and called out my lackluster conversion/improvement of the Noxious Blightbringer.  (...)

Well, what can I say -- it seemed like the perfect opportunity to connect two German national pasttimes -- being annoying and being right :wink:

@ hushrong: Ouch. Well spotted -- that said, it could also be another - very straight - cat hair :wink:

Edited by KrautScientist

Haha I think I have another land raider themed project I should do first, one that's also death guard instead of filthy loyalists. But that will be Homebrew VDR

Aaaanyway.. definite improvement on the plague caster. Very much throwing his psychic dakka now

Cheers, peeps!

Typhus is finished!!!

mBvBlRM.jpg

M2JRyAG.jpg

I'm right now doing the final touches on his Deathshroud Terminator bodyguard.

Hope you like!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ hushrong: Goddamnit, I'll remove it pre-paint. Thanks for pointing it out. About the sounds: you mean zits popping?

@ KrautScientists: Hahaha well you succeeded. Not at getting out of the World Cup, but still. :p AND IT'S NOT A HAIR!!! ;)

@ TURBULENCE: VDR? Wazza? 

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Haha so many people have said that!

The Plaguecaster looks much better (is he a Plaguecaster or Blightbringer?). I'm really liking Typhus, although I think you may have gone a bit too heavy with the silver drybrush. 

He looks great and dark(?). I love it thought.

Around his head, especially the armor behind and above his head is just dark and looks creepy. It looks fantastic amongst the dirty cream and green of his armor.

Excited to see the bodyguard now that we've seen Typhus in all his glory.

Typhus looks fantastic, buddy -- have you decided to leave that tacky smoke off for good? Because he just works so well without it!

That being said, I wouldn't be myself if I didn't have some niggling points: One, I think DuskRaider has a point about the silver, especially when it comes to that vent on his chest, which just seems a bit too bright and indistinct. Two, I think I'd paint the eye lenses a bit brighter, to add some pop to the model's face (well, faceplate) and draw attention towards it.

Thanks, guys! I agree about the silver in the pictures, but that's also the image enhancer. IRL it doesn't look half bad. :tu:

Here's the last unit of my ETL vow; the Deathshroud Terminators!

Again, MASSIVE thanks to frater hushrong, who was ever so kind to send these to me for absolutely zilch! I hope you like how they turned out, buddy!

TaMmDEU.jpg

8QqQeXd.jpg

Individual members:

jfmFoRW.jpg

Epd9Ib1.jpg

OJ1kIbJ.jpg

And of course, they're Typhus' bodyguard!
k4mKZ1u.jpg

JMOCNwR.jpg

Hope you like!! Comments, feedback etc. most welcome. 

Now, what to vow for a second vow.... :)

Cheers.

Replies:

@ Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Thanks, I guess? I never liked those conversions where he's holding a body up. IMO, it fracks the 'vibe' of the miniature up too much, and restricts the army you're playing. At the same time, I agree that when he's looking too far right or left, his pose becomes a bit to superhero-y. He's just prefect looking right in front of him - makes him a proper centrepiece.

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: I use a standard photo background in a simple light box and a phone camera (Samsung Galaxy 2016). I then transfer them to my computer, adjust the ratio to something standard (2:3, 3:4, 8:10) in Windows 10's standard Photo app and then press the magic 'enhance' button. That's it, really.

@ The Traitor: Cheers, glad you like both of them :)

@ DuskRaider: The silver is a bit much on his scythe, no?

@ hushrong: TADAAAA! What do you think?  

@ KrautScientist: believe it or not, the eyes are very bright and the silver on his chest isn't - the picture fracked it up. I guess Windows 10's magic 'enhance' button has its flaws after all. :(

Yeah, just a bit. I generally attempt to grab the very raised parts with a light drybrush of Leadbelcher. The Typhus Corrosion can go sideways real quick with other colors on it. 

Deathshroud look great, love the crimson cloaks. Just one thing... you missed the fly icon on the front of one of them. :wink:

Cheers! I'll try to go easier on the drybrush next time. :smile.:

Re: the fly icon: that's done in gold - the maginc enhancer washes it out in the shadows, unfortunately. 

Alright, time for a second vow:

I, Augustus b'Raass, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux, boasting the forces of the Death Guard. I vow to Nurgle and the rest of the Chaotic Pantheon to complete the units listed below for a total value 657 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success shall bring me eternal glory and failure shall doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

Chaos Land Raider, 2x Twin Lascannon, Twin Heavy Bolter, Combiplasma 357zt42JYm.jpg

5x Blightlord Terminators, 5x Combiplasma, 5x Bubonic Axe 290

BUMZIeY.jpg?1

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Man, Typhus and his guard turned out absolutely immense, such great work. Very exited to see how your new vow turns out, although im not expecting to be surprised by the quality, awesome again no doubt!

Oh and just for the record i though the beckoning hand looked fine! Im not about to go toe to toe with krautscientist on mini aesthetics though. He's a goliath an im no David, i think the darth vader choke hand looks great too. XD

I'm grinning from ear to ear! They look positively bad ass! No critiques from me as I love'em.

May they reap a bounty for Nurgle in your name!

And congrats on completing your first vow! The second one is looking tasty! I am really interested in what you do to make that LR Death Guard-y. Your Night Lord LR's (and all vehicles for that matter) just screamed what legion they hailed from even before going midnight clad with paint.

P.S. I am still working on mine and trying to get them looking suitably Black Legion-ish. So a massive shout out for helping a brother out with the LR Lascannon Sponson!

Edited by hushrong

Hey man ! 

I just came back from an hollyday trip and what a nice surprise to found nothing less than Typhus and those deathshroud beauty ! :smile.: They are trully beautifull, great job mate !

Malchy

Edited by malcharion

Cheers for the comments, guys!

I had some of the :cusstiest days of my career this last week and I barely slept an hour last night I was so stressed, had a :cussty work day on no sleep, got my back cracked by my chiropractor in the afternoon, went home, cooked myself a meal, and decided at eight o'clock that it was me time: and putting together an astartes vehicle is about the most relaxing thing there is for me. There's a reason why the Rhino kit is my favourite GW kit of all time. I think I've painted about 35 of the Mk2 Rhino chassis in my life, I think. Land Raiders several fewer, but their number is almost reaching twenty by now, methinks. 

ANYWAY

Ramble ramble.

I did the tank - the only available upgrade I didn't put on here was extra armour - and the only reason I didn't was that that kit is irreconcilable with both the MkIIb kits and the Sagittarius track kits Maarten did.  

Here's pictures.

6zxBsVX.jpg

7ZD0PNH.jpg

NvY6m95.jpg

Say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

lhNqDbY.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

vCxqqS1.jpg

Cool eh? :D

Replies:

@ Pandoras Bitz Box: However annooyingly right KrautScientist almost always is, I still value other frater's feedback. Please do not hold back on his or my account! Thank you for your C&C, seriously :tu: :)

@ Vairocanum: Hurray, me too! I bought combiplasmas from shapeways for them!

@ hushrong: I'm so glad you approve of the Deathshrouds! The build of the tank is now finished, so tomorrow I'll go and do some Deathguardyfying it. It'll probably involve a lot of greenstuff, cables, dremeling, glass beads, and scrathes! :)

@ rednekkboss: Hurray, grandpa Nurgle blesses me again! ;) Thanks, buddy! 

@ guardian31: THanks, mate!

@ malcharion: Cheers, malchy! Nice of you to drop by! I hope you had a great trip :)