++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

@ Atia: Thanks! And why do you keep referring to the generic Ultramarine Vexilla as Ventanus? :wink:

;)

It's not easy if things change mid production right ;P

Like the Imperial Fist "Command Squad Champion" who is actually wannabe Sigismund 0.5 xD

:whistling:

@ Barrabas Sogalon: Cheers! Yeah, I love putting in the 5th company colours in here and there. :smile.: Please come back to the VII

The Death Guard (and soon Sons of Horus) keep me busy, but I was a Fist/Black Templar for ten years so if I one day get the chance to do a small group from a loyalist legion it will be them. Someone needs to be there to kill off my Sons.

The new Devastator squad is looking sweet, buddy, and you've really managed to make that malformed Vexillarius sing ;) The blank belt buckle seems like a bit of a missed opportunity, however, and I think I'd add some kind of decal there, if I were you.

So! New things ahead. I made a vow for the Call of Chaos which included a Chaos Khorne Lord on Juggernaut. I've had this model since since September '15, but got a little side-tracked with painting Imperial Fists and all. I've been having great fun with my fledgeling Khorne Daemonkin 1250 list lately, and this list features that model. I've bee proxying him, which doesn't feel right. 

The list is simple:

Khorne Juggerlord with fistyclaws

10 Fleshounds

10 Khorne Marines with 2 meltaguns in a Rhino (x3)

Maulerfiend (x2)

Not an optimal or very competative list at all, but VERY fun to run! I've been doing getting more fun games in lately, and am enjoying it very much!

Anyway, here's a WiP pic. I meant to make a picture of him as a standalone, but got a bit excited tonight and started painting already.... oops. Luckily I have two more Lords (having bought the skullcrushers box last year), so I promise to get good pics in of them. 

Anyway, here's the work in progress...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/WP_20161121_001_zpsmjtzozwf.jpg

Cheers!

Replies!

@ Atia: Riiiight. You're WAY more into FW characters and fluff than I am, so I'll trust your word! ;)

@ Barabbas Sogalon: Bring iiiiiiit! With Zeal?

@ KrautScienist: Hey, you're totally right! How does this look?

The new Devastator squad is looking sweet, buddy, and you've really managed to make that malformed Vexillarius sing :wink: The blank belt buckle seems like a bit of a missed opportunity, however, and I think I'd add some kind of decal there, if I were you.

All Hail Augustus b'Raass, the third incarnation of my Khornate Chaos Lord. He started back in 1998 as a half-daemon, then progressed into a terminator lord, and now sits atop a mighty juggernaut - and is the origin of my alias here on B&C. :wink::tongue.:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsqwmk91gh.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps4gy4yfb9.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpszfd6zlnv.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpso8nl7te7.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpszanydtzh.jpg

I hiope you like him! 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Nice Khorne himself knows how much I like a Jugger Lord and you've certainly done a great job here mixing the armour parts.

One thing I will say though is I find the blue on the Fists to be a little strong. I found my eyes were drawn to that before the models face, of that makes sense?

Thanks guys!

@ Biohazard: :) Thanks. I see what you mean with the blue... but that was intentional. I hate inconsistencies and power cables and weapons are blue in the Khorne Daemonkin Army I'm slowly building. That means blue fists. In this miniature's case, it's debet to the focus on his face, unfortunately. Although... he does have an ugly mug, so maybe it works in his favour? ;)

@ Race Bannon: You said the same about my Night Lords recently. I get that you're so adamant in focalising disdain so as to reinforce your set of values. The power of chaos is very tempting indeed. :p ;)

That sounds familiar :lol:

Seriously though, I've always thought that the Chaos range offered the best opportunities for hobbyists to flex their skills in conversion and painting. It is here that GW always outdo the,selves with the product.

That sounds familiar :laugh.:

Seriously though, I've always thought that the Chaos range offered the best opportunities for hobbyists to flex their skills in conversion and painting. It is here that GW always outdo the,selves with the product.

Most definitely. I've never been comfortable building stuf right out to fthe box. I don;t think I've ever built a model without at least a small bit of tweaking or adding to. It's the reason I kept with Chaos ffor so long - I never thought it possible with loyalists. I proved myself wrong. Or rather, I was greatly inspired and encouraged to experiment with loyalists by everything on this forum - and it worked out well. :)

That's a very nice shade of red.

Thanks! It's also very easy: It's FW Word Bearers Red shaded with GW Rhinox Hide, and highlighted with GW Squig Orange. :tu:

I can always appreciate a good juggerlord. Nice job!

Thanks buddy! Yours was a great inspiration!

Dude, the speed at which you crank models out is :cussing insane. Do you even sleep?!

Hidden Content
giphy.gif

Cheers, guys.

For the Imperial Fists Expansion I made one last, final vow± a Librarian on a bike. He´ll be part of a librarian conclave.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/Librarian_zpsijzpo7ot.jpg

Comments welcome. I think he´s still missing something, but can´t really put my finger on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies:

It was a good thing I swallowed my coffee before I opened the spoiler lol.

Haha good. I was joking: I do sleep a lot. The only reason I got to be so productive the last couple of weeks was because I couldn't do my job because of my injury. I've been doing some on-again-off-again standing painting sessions the last couple of weeks. I'm getting better now, and have been promoted, so hobby productivity will most likely drop significantly in a couple weeks. Until that time: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ahhh I thought it may be so. Great work all the same :thumbsup:

Thanks, buddy! Greatly appreciated from a Khornate Icon such as yourself. :)

The jugger lord is looking ace. The claw/fist combo has always seemed slightly awkward to me from a purely visual perspective, but you have done a good job with that chain to alleviate this concern. I also kinda like the blue fists, although it seems to me that they should actually emit some kind of diffuse blue glow on their immediate surroundings.

On another note, I remember when you mentioned how painting bare faces wasn't your strong suit -- and just look at you now! Excellent stuff! :smile.:

EDIT: Looking at the model on a bigger screen now, I also realise the juggernaut's eyes could be a bit brighter to add a point of focus to the head. Just my two cents...

Edited by KrautScientist

Maybe a book somewhere like around his waist? Or some keys? Those things tend to be on most of the librarians I have seen. 

Thankas, that's good advice. I'll see if I can find a book somewhere, though I fear I used up all of them on my previous CHaos army, the Word Bearers, which I've sold a couple years ago :o

I love how the jugger lord turned out, you managed for him to even look kind of noble :-P the librarian also looks good but... Imperial scum. And certainly not comparable with the brazen greatness of a juggernaut lord!

Thanks buddy. Yeah the noble look comes from that excellent head bit. It's by far my favourite chaos bare head of all time. 

The jugger lord is looking ace. The claw/fist combo has always seemed slightly awkward to me from a purely visual perspective, but you have done a good job with that chain to alleviate this concern. I also kinda like the blue fists, although it seems to me that they should actually emit some kind of diffuse blue glow on their immediate surroundings.

On another note, I remember when you mentioned how painting bare faces wasn't your strong suit -- and just look at you now! Excellent stuff! :smile.:

EDIT: Looking at the model on a bigger screen now, I also realise the juggernaut's eyes could be a bit brighter to add a point of focus to the head. Just my two cents...

Thanks! Yes! I have kind of improved on face painting. Although having an airbrush helps A LOT! I agree on the fistyclaws combo´s awkward look, but I think I made use of their ´handyness´ with the reins. :) I'll see what I can do on their OSL, although I'm kind of moving away from that, atm. Perhaps I should try it without the airbrush. Thanks for the comment on the jugger's eyes. I'll see to their brightness. :tu: Your comment helped a lot in perfecting the model - what a surprise! :D

Great job on the newest rendition of yourself, he looks very intimidating! 

Cheers, Atia!

That Jugger lord is a beaut! Like how you've pulled off the fist/claw combo.

The base is really nice too.

Cheers! Yeah the reins helped a lot. I remembered how to properly hold reins from a very brief stint at horseback riding when I was a wee teenager. I'm very happy that that experience paid off somehow. :)

Excellent stuff. The Jugger Lord is great and, as others have said, you made the pose/armament quite believable. :thumbsup:

Cheers, Kierdale! Much appreciated from a master modeller such as yourself!

Thanks! Yes! I have kind of improved on face painting. Although having an airbrush helps A LOT! I agree on the fistyclaws combo´s awkward look, but I think I made use of their ´handyness´ with the reins. :smile.: I'll see what I can do on their OSL, although I'm kind of moving away from that, atm. Perhaps I should try it without the airbrush. Thanks for the comment on the jugger's eyes. I'll see to their brightness. :thumbsup: Your comment helped a lot in perfecting the model - what a surprise! :biggrin.:

Oh, I definitely see why you would be moving away from OSL effects that are too conspicuous! Which is why I think actually doing the effect with the brush might just be the solution here: Nothing too flashy, just a careful glazing of the areas immediately surrounding the blue parts to carefully build up a subtle glow.