++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Everyone might be doing Death Guard now (including myself :happy.: ), but making them interesting shouldn't be too hard especially for one as talented as you! I think a big part of it will come down to color scheme. Also that Night Lord family shot looks great and I can't wait to see what you do with that new Spartan!

Hotdamn, today's been super busy - and tonight especially. I finished the build of the Spartan - the only thing left to do is the flesh trophies, but I need a break - I've been working on this thing for three hours straight!

Here's pictures:

l1iqH2k.jpg

I particularly like this front piece, which has salvaged pieces of three NL Rhino and Land Raider doors:

VxpaEg0.jpg

And of course, I continued the breast plate as a trophy!
GGCd3yY.jpg

Hope you like!

@ Charlo: hahaha great GIF! It made me think of the ending of the Obama vs Romney ERBOH video :D

@ BubblesMcGub: Cheers, buddy! Glad you like 'm :D

@ guardian31: Well, that's high praise indeed! I'm not sure I can equal the fantastic iterations I've seen on this very board, but I'll surely do my best!

Cheers, buddy!

I just finished the build of the Spartan... pictures:

NTlmNgu.jpg

I1omnuo.jpg

fTycJGT.jpg

7zpdMAt.jpg

As you might have already spotted, the sponson's targeters are not resin, but plastic. This is because I somehow lost one of the kit's targeters. So I exchanged them for Razorback turret targeters - these are slightly bigger, but have the advantage of thickness, which allows for a great way of constructing the sponson turning mechanism, which is far sturdier than the FW way.

ZUH3F7k.jpg

I'll make some shots tomorrow.

Cheers!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

@ Charlo: hahaha great GIF! It made me think of the ending of the Obama vs Romney ERBOH video :D

Did someone mention Epic Rap Battles of History and Gifs?

giphy.gif

I like to imagine that's how the Emperor gets around. :)

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

That's the one! lol!

Alright, MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD! If you haven't seen the Netflix movie 'The Ritual' yet, DO NOT open the below mentioned spoiler tag and go see it. 

You have been warned.

BLABLABLABLBALBALBA [filler to make this spoiler stuff not show up in the content viewer] balblablbalbalblablablablbalbalbalbalab

yayadayadayayadayadayayadayadayayadayadayayadayadayayadayadayayadayada

Alright that should be enough. 

This movie - WHICH YOU HAVE SEEN, or you shouldn't be reading this -  is pretty ok. It wasn't great, in my opinion, but I'll let you be the judge of that. In any case, the movie featured a monster which would look absolutely fantastic as a Nurgle Daemon Prince. 

Here's some pictures, again in spoiler tags, for those of you who couldn't resist. 

Hidden Content

3AwVD7e.jpg

elTnOgM.png

ld9pjBR.png

hzUsBu0.jpg

Vv9aS5i.png

But I guess I still have another Nurgle DP to finish....

Definitely looking forward to seeing that Spartan completed, but seeing you do more nurgle will be a huge treat! I think the new daemon prince idea would definitely be worth the wait, especially since the first daemon prince is pretty awesome as well. 

Spartan finished. Not bad time, if I say so myself. Friday was the first glued part. Today picture time!

pwkTvzE.jpg

1lvchI2.jpg

pKM5jbX.jpg

5xAVK7E.jpg

F7Tgu7R.jpg

37jKM04.jpg

t8TnxIR.jpg

RoJS0km.jpg

Please. Welcome in!
2InQw7H.jpg

6nYyb8F.jpg

nhvmpk6.jpg

That's it! Hope you like! Thanks for comments!

That's the last of the Night Lords vehicles! I'm shipping the two land raider, the spartan and the two flyers on Thursday.... then I'll be off for a well-deserved vacation, and then Ill start my Death Guard! Hurray!

Replies!

@ DuskRaider: Aw, man, thanks for that link! So inspiring! What a great army. 

@ Hungry Nostraman Lizard: I charge per vehicle (and if you convert that price to a per-hour rate, I'm cheaper than a Bangladeshi burger flipper!)

@ Vairocanum: Thanks for the vote of confidence, buddy!

@ hushrong: Weird, huh? But also pretty awesome!? :wink::biggrin.:

@ BubblesMcGub: Of course! Here's a preliminary shot - but I'll make some with far better daylight lighting on Thursday. :)

qf6HnVs.jpg

@ sfPanzer: Thanks for letting me know! I checked, though, and it seems that that's a weird trick of the light/shadow: the model is fine. :)

Spartan is already painted!? Looks great! *edit* AND A GROUP PIC! Darn, does that look great!

Thinking about how you adorn your Night Lords, any ideas on how you will adorn vehicles for Death Guard? Helmets and armor I feel is the norm but anything to replace the bits of flesh or anything other ideas?

And yeah...that...thing. I need to watch that show now. Just binged through Altered Carbon so looking for my next fix.

Edited by hushrong

@ hushrong: That's a good question for sure! I'll definitely do skulls and helmets. Maybe also some flesh trophies, albeit not so gory as the Night Lords. More uncleaned, rotten old leather? Any other ideas? I've just started Altered Carbon!

@ guardian31: haha cheers, buddy! Glad you like them! I'll try to do a glamour group shot before they all ship. 

@ DuskRaider: with a solid paint scheme practiced to perfection, an airbrush, Vallejo Flow Improver, about a gallon of GW Gloss Agrax Wash, several layers of different kinds of varnish , and enamel weathering washes from AK Interactive. Oh, and a sponge.

It looks fantastic. I think the black doors matching the Storm Eagle turned out well.  

The group shot was great as well!

I can't wait not only to receive these bad boys and have them join the rest of their family but also to see the start of your DG project!

@ DuskRaider: with a solid paint scheme practiced to perfection, an airbrush, Vallejo Flow Improver, about a gallon of GW Gloss Agrax Wash, several layers of different kinds of varnish , and enamel weathering washes from AK Interactive. Oh, and a sponge.

You forgot moxy. Lots of moxy. And zazz.

@ Ranker! Glad to hear it, buddy! I'll take some more glamour shots of these and then I'll ship come Thursday or Friday. :)

@ BubblesMcGub: Nah, I just sold my Night Lords! No more of those!

@ DuskRaider: hahaha perhaps. I actually had to check the urban dictionary for those...

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Thank you! Glad you like it and really? Why is that the best one yet, I wonder? Please tell me why you think so - because the Storm Eagle is my fave :D