++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Not a trophy per se but I had been thinking about loud speakers. I was going to do an infantry heavy DG army (as fitting for their legion) and could just imagine them chanting monotonous curses of/ praise for Nurgle as they footslogged through warzones. *I always think of peculiarly equipped enemies from Helsing (the manga/anime) where the phrase "BOO DOO PEOPLE MURDER PEOPLE" was inscribed as something they would childishly chant as they murdered. The vehicles supporting them would have loud speakers where the crew amplified their own chants over the rumble of engines.

Dang, now I realize I have DG stuff I will never use.

Just sent out the package, but before I did that, I took some more glamour shots of the five vehicles. :biggrin.:

All five in their combined glory:

hKTr2Ub.jpg

Birds:

o0PWZQv.jpg

And the tanks:

TMCYfM4.jpg

FXFlcAf.jpg

U53DM4N.jpg

Say aaaaaaaaaaaaah when going to the dentist :wink:

tTJ5hCu.jpg

Hope you like! They're off now in this enormous package!

Z0P6sTc.jpg

Cheers!

Replies!

@ The Traitor: Cheers, buddy, thanks for telling me :smile.:

@ Sagentus: Me too! First a well-deserved vacation and then it's on to the sons of Mortarion

@ hushrong: That's a very interesting idea! I have always thought of Nurgle as this frolicking bunch of dudes together. WHereas my Khornate army still tries to retain its noble legion heritage, even in their savagery, my Death Guard are quite different, embracing chaos and their new-found lord in all their glory. They're in this caravan, driving around, spreading plague and disease, all the while blasting a nice quirky song through their comms set. 

Hidden Content

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcWPqxCweuU

BTW if you have Nurgle stuff you'll never use, I'll gladly take it off your hands!

@ BubblesMcGub: I know, buddy! No worries. Do you like the glamour shots?

@ guardian31: HERESY! No way, dude. If only though because I don't think 'my Night Lords blue contrasts well with disease-ridden bone. :wink:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

That is one box of pure joy headed to a happy customer. The glamor shots are awesome and it's always a treat to see great models grouped together. I still find it amazing you could pump out those models to such a high quality so quickly. I have one army I have been on for years now and I only have a handful of tanks and marines with basecoats done...and that was only last year I got that far.

And Oompa Loompas...pure evil.

As for the DG, if you are interested I have

• Mortarion, built, bare plastic
  • Deathshroud, built, bare plastic
  • Plaguecrawler, built, bare plastic
  • Set of Dark Imperium, unbuilt
  • One extra DI Drone, unbuilt
  • Extra set of DI Poxwalkers, unbuilt
  • Cards
  • Dice

Bought them as I thought I was going to go all in with DG this edition but not feeling it. PM if you are interested but if not no biggie.

Really impressive sight, it has always puzzled me why the spartan has more than the double of the transport capacity of the LR when it’s just slightly bigger... How the hell do you fit 11-15 (depending on the model) space marines more there???

@ Burias-Drak'shal: thanks buddy!

@ hushrong: Cheers, buddy! I admit it was a labour of love, but also one of high efficiency - I wish I had devised this method when I started my Night Lords, as now I am very much in love with the scheme again! (I'll PM you for the DG stuff)

@ KrautScientist: Cheers, buddy! Coming from you, that's extra nice, as I know you're not into METAL BAWKSES! ;)

@ guardian31: I know, buddy! - although some helmets would indeed look good. You're kidding did inspire me, so thanks!

@ BubblesMcGub: Thanks! And yes, it has indeed! :D

@ Ranker: AR? They're on your way! :) I'm starting the Death Guard army from March 6th - when I come back from Malawi and South Africa :tu:

@ The Traitor: How more marines fit in the Spartan? Easy:

giphy.gif

Well I've spent the past week gradually making my way through this monster thread and have to say.....WOW!

The quality of work you've put out is incredible, especially at the speed you work.

Was also saddened to see you'd sold those gorgeous armies, but that actually made me realise that I need to do much the same with my existing chaos marine force (so now I've got the fun of sorting it out and finding a buyer/buyers :lol:) so thanks :)

Looking forward to seeing your DG develop as I have an army of them in the pipeline myself.

So shine on man, shine on.

• 3 weeks later...

tenor.gif?itemid=6021402

But before I go and start my Death Guard, I decided to get back into painting infantry sized miniatures by finally finishing those ten last bloodletters I started back in the end of July....

O78niZn.jpg

Replies!

@ guardian31: On their way, buddy!

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: That thuderhawk with rocket launchers is a Storm Eagle - it's an official FW model ;) But I like that you liked it!

@ Razblood: Wait, you haven't seen this thread before? But... but... we've been ETL buddies for years, no? I can tell you that selling your armies can be quite cathartic, but I'll try to shine on! :D

@Brother Heinrich: Yes. What's the difference? 

@DuskRaider: Working on it, baby!

@ Hungry Nostraman Lion: Aw yissss

@ Brother Heinrich: 40k Death Guard, but with a slightly more 30k feel to it - meaning I'll be integrating the old resin FW DG upgrades and the new plastic GW DG with the resin and plastic MkIII marines and weapons from 30K.

Just found this thread and I'm so glad I did, it's awesome to be able to read and look through such great content.  Thanks a bunch for all of your links on the OP as well!  So helpful to be able to easily find good tips.

I really love how quickly you seem to be able to paint stuff to a really high tabletop standard, something I'd love to get better at.  After reading through your tips, I've got a couple of questions if you have time:

• In your airbrush section you mention: "Shading miniatures is super-fast".  I assume like most people you lay the shade colour down first with the base colour over the top of the shade?  In your Imperial Fists tutorial, you actually shade after the base coat though, how do you do that?
  • You also mention: "For me, painting faces is impossible without an airbrush.".  Do you only do faces with an airbrush when they are separate from the model?
  • In your Night Lords tutorial you say: "Spray endge highlight with VMA Light Sea Blue".  Is that right? You spray on an edge highlight with your airbrush? How do you achieve that? Is it just exceptional control?  I can't even imagine being able to spray an edge highlight on!

Thanks for you time :biggrin.:

Edited by Chazzmos

@ Brother Heinrich: 40k Death Guard, but with a slightly more 30k feel to it - meaning I'll be integrating the old resin FW DG upgrades and the new plastic GW DG with the resin and plastic MkIII marines and weapons from 30K.

Very well, I'll be watching... but only because it's you ;)