Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Augustus' thread // Escher Leader 'MAD' DEANA KHOLERA p213

Night Lords Airbrush Plasticard Chain Greenstuff Augustus bRaass Augustus bRaass Raass

• Please log in to reply
5335 replies to this topic

gaurdian31

gaurdian31

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 506 posts

I totally understand not wanting to use a reference when you don't have knowledge of the reference itself. I just wanted to be clear on who was being referenced. happy.png The new gals are looking lovely. Can't wait to see them painted up!

ETLV

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,706 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

Instead of packing for my flight, I decided to paint. Here's the last thre gals of my Escher gang complete:

Meet Tella Siris, Champion of the Pantera Pixies:
kXjUKDD.jpg

Next up is my newly leveled-up ganger, Fenka Vex. I rolled the +1BS for her, so I bought her a Long Rifle!
AzffDR6.jpg

And lastly, my juve Rosalia Shik. I told you how I got two Flechette Pistols and a Web Gauntlet from a Delaque gang, in exchange for the release of their captured leader? The juve got the gauntlet. I initially wanted to spend her 5XP on +1M, but I decided to wait just one more game and spend 6XP on +1WS muhahahaaaa

OvEhxd1.jpg

And here's the gang in their entirety!

U8992Ou.jpg

Now for some Phyrr Cats...

;)

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Dragonlover: Yeah the metal and plastic go very well together. I'd say the old Escher metals are the best at that for sure.

@ Viridia: Just concentrating on the Pixies for now, but I do have the Goliaths from the starter set. So I might as well give them a go. 

@ guardian31: What do you think of them? :)

• rednekkboss, Canardwc, Grotsmasha and 5 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,781 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the House Escher members.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,706 posts

Cheers, Bjorn. :)

Today my package of Malifaux Hoardcat Pride arrived, and I quickly set to work assembling them - they're perfect Phyrr Cats for my Escher gang!

ZUm4d9M.jpg

• Khrangar, RolandTHTG, Viridia and 6 others like this

Nemac Vradon

Nemac Vradon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,174 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels and Night Lords

Really liking the Esher Gangers you've painted Augustus, plenty of inspiration for when I finally get around to painting mine. The Hoardcat Pride are very cool too and seem to be the perfect scale. If I can trouble you for the recipe on the bases it would be much appreciated. I tried something similar with Leadbelcher and the brown dry paint that is the same colour as Gorfang Brown (I can't remember the name) but they didn't look quite as good as yours :).

Nemac

gaurdian31

gaurdian31

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 506 posts

Man they look good together! The juve with the web gauntlet is probably my favorite out of the newest batch. The new cats are great too. How do you plan on painting them up?

ETLV

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,706 posts

Thanks guys! While on holiday in the beautiful country of Morocco, I was contacted by GW if they could share the picture of my Kria the Huntress FW miniature, which I converted into a regular champion, when they spotted her on instagram. It's so weird how that stuff works. God I feel old..

Here's the link to he picture on my instagram: https://www.instagra.../p/Bt4NIxxB0fp/

Hidden Content

Anyway, I'll be super busy with moving house. So I'll be having absolutely zero time to get to work on this Necromunda terrain MDF order...

xIVRHiG.jpg

Which sucks, as I am massively looking forward to assembling, individualizing, and painting these. 

Cheers

Replies:

@ Nemac vradon: The base recipe is as follows: basecoat AP Gun Metal (GW Leadbelcher). Basecoat the 'ladder' pattern with GW Balthasar Gold. Wash all over with Agrax. Then spray with GW Mournfang Brown or GW Skrag Brown in three places along the edges. Paint the edges with AP Matt Black. Done! Easy, no?

@ guardian31: Thanks! Yeah the juve turned out great, no? smile.png I'm planning on painting them up in the same way as I have the fur pelts adorning the ladies. But that would make them into simple panthers... this will require further thought - which I will have plenty of as I'm moving house and have zero time to paint in the coming weeks. biggrin.png

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 25 February 2019 - 05:08 PM.

• marine7312000, Atia and Sagentus like this

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 239 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Great job on the FW feature! 

J25oay8.jpg

teku

teku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 363 posts
  • Faction: 24th Golden Crusade

Best of luck with the move and congratz on the FW post!

You'll build it soon enough man ;)

• Augustus b'Raass likes this

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,857 posts

It was a pleasure to catch up on all the new stuff you posted, everything looks awesome! Hope you enjoy your vacation and good luck with your move!

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Photobucket, I will not forget this betrayal.

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,085 posts
  • Faction: The Horus Heresy

Awesome progress on your Necromunda goodies Auggi - and it's great to see you doing projects based on your games! That web gauntlet looks so cool on your Juve wub.gif

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

My WIP Thread (30k, Kill Team, Necromunda and ADEPTUS TITANICUS!)

gallery_29004_10383_126.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01f.jpg

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Night Lords, Airbrush, Plasticard, Chain, Greenstuff, Augustus bRaass, Augustus, bRaass, Raass

8 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Hiddenermac, Bing (3), Google (2)