++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Jesus Augustus, you make the 15th Company look just as shabby and ragtag as the 10th lol. Truly the winds of Chaos have favored your band with fortune aplenty. Amazing work and an impressive collection as always.

It's all those grubby little daemoic entities they've been canoodling with. :p

But seriously Augs, that is a silly amount of things done inside of two years.

New Nurgle guy is also looking pretty darn awesome. Between you and Forte, I'm surprised I can keep lunch down :x

That is a breathtaking Night Lords army, mate! Really, really awesome stuff -- and so freaking much of it, too! Seeing you depart for loyalist shores will be a sad sight indeed, even if it's (hopefully!) only temporary. I had hoped for more World Eaters from you, personally speaking. Which reminds me: You still need to do a certain NL Apothecary before you move on, you know... ;)

The Plague Champion is looking great as well -- excellent use of the corpse cart! Did you keep the FW torso, after all? Because I think that option is far preferrable to having a Plague Bearer head on him. Plague Marines with daemon heads are such a tired cliché...whereas I always dig the featureless, WWI inspired look of an honest, gas masked Plague Marine head.

Anyway, fantastic work all around! Job's a good 'un! :)

Jesus Augustus, you make the 15th Company look just as shabby and ragtag as the 10th lol. Truly the winds of Chaos have favored your band with fortune aplenty. Amazing work and an impressive collection as always. 

Just 'Augustus' is fine, buddy. I might have saintly painting speed, but I'm not too keen on sandals. ;)

Love the Nurgle guy. Can I ask where the spear came from.

Sure buddy: The haft and the arms of the spear are simply one Grey Knight Nemesis Force Halberd. I cut off the blade and replaced it with one of the blades on the spears of the Chaos Knight kit. :tu:

It's all those grubby little daemoic entities they've been canoodling with. :tongue.:

But seriously Augs, that is a silly amount of things done inside of two years.

New Nurgle guy is also looking pretty darn awesome. Between you and Forte, I'm surprised I can keep lunch down :x

'Augs'. Wow. I guess I totes had that coming, after being fine with 'Auggie' for a while now, right? :D Thanks though, and I'm sorry about the lunch. What did you have?

That is a breathtaking Night Lords army, mate! Really, really awesome stuff -- and so freaking much of it, too! Seeing you depart for loyalist shores will be a sad sight indeed, even if it's (hopefully!) only temporary. I had hoped for more World Eaters from you, personally speaking. Which reminds me: You still need to do a certain NL Apothecary before you move on, you know... :wink:

The Plague Champion is looking great as well -- excellent use of the corpse cart! Did you keep the FW torso, after all? Because I think that option is far preferrable to having a Plague Bearer head on him. Plague Marines with daemon heads are such a tired cliché...whereas I always dig the featureless, WWI inspired look of an honest, gas masked Plague Marine head.

Anyway, fantastic work all around! Job's a good 'un! 

Thanks! Yes, I agree about the Plague marine helmets. I've seen some conversions using the Biohazard Helmets from maxmini to great effect too. :tu:

Also: 'Departing for loyalist shoes'??? Who said anything about departing? From your post I sense you´re worried about me leaving Chaos, and particularly my World Eater Khorne Daemonkin. Lemme take those worries away from you right now, and let me do this with a visual aid:

I stacked all my bits boxes on top of one another behind my work station:

All of these are filled to the brim with pretty Chaos specific bits. They will be done. Also, zoom in on my work station:

I'm not going to be painting a trio of Chaos Lords on Juggernaut, plus another two Bloodcrushers, and a Bloodthirster, only to not have them anyone to lead, right?

Serisouly: the Imperial Fists are merely a side project. Chaos will always be my core army, and I'll never stop expanding on it. It's just the Night Lords I'm taking a break from -temporarily- and don't worry about Kraut the Apothecary: your own Fabius Bile stand-in inspired me to start planning my own for Call of Chaos, and I'll give you three guesses what is name will be. :tu: 

Fella that army shot is just....wow hope to have an army pic like that my self one day

You're super productive yourself, dude. You will have an army shot soon. Please make one, because your Scythes of the Emperor are just amazing!

Ah... what a horribly small collection of bits. I don't think I've ever seen smaller. In fact, it's so small I'm willing to take the whole thing off your hands, so just send them my way ;)

Anyways, I'm chuffed you like the name for the Plague Lord, and very grateful for the high five.

Also, save some of the Khornate stuff. We wouldn't want you running out...

What you have painted in two years is perhaps more than I ever painted throughout a couple of fantasy and 40k armies. In points at least, I did have a massive amount of Night Goblins once upon a time :tongue.:

I definitely understand why you want to have some variation in your painting though, Imperial Fists should be quite something else compared to Night Lords.

Oh, and that Nurgle guy looks really 'good', a nice use of parts and a sweet conversion.

OK, he's finished. :)

May I present Sisiphus Arloth, the Harbinger of Decay (thanks to The psycho for the name).

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/WP_20150807_008_zpslmbgokju.jpg

More pics

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think. :tu:

@KrautScientist: I laughed out loud, literally, or wait... no, yes, literally. Then I was like...

Hidden Content

http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2015/07/26/6357352043304163112016680847_854950bf0643fb4d7e482248ba3532a8d4cbe2bd2961d4d717f622274a51f309.jpg

@The Psycho: I could send you a Care Packet of your choice god if you want? 

@MrBear: Yeah but Night Goblins are well known for speeding time, so as to make it impossible to paint them sufficiently fast to build an entire army. Thanks on the Nurgle guys, and yes, I am looking forward to painting yellow on a white undercoat. Both are far more unforgiving, so I hope to learn a lot from them.

@The Hydra: Totally go for team chaos, mate. They're such a pleasure to convert!

Haha, not going to lie. 

I read that as Syphilis Arloth at first, which would be apropos for a Nurgle Champion I suppose. 

He's looking pretty stellar! I love how unique all the little nasty nurglings are. They're all enthusiastic too, like little gross puppies. 

Now that looks really nice! The contrast between a a post-human superwarrior in his armour and the wooden cart is something you don't see every day and those Nurglings really are a cheerfull bunch of little buggers, painting them in such a varied way was a smart choice.

Love it! Well deserving of the name!

Many thanks for the offer of a care package, and I shall endeavor to return the favor sometime.

EDIT: In case that wasn't clear, that's a yes to your (very kind) offer.

Edited by The Psycho

Wow, thanks everyone for all the awesome feedback. I just wanted to make a crazy conversion with the corpse cart, which I had had laying around for ages. I'm so happy to see so many positive comments to him/it. :D Thanks!

I took a bit of a break from painting and modelling after the ETL. I have to say the juices did kinda dry up after that last -albeit pretty cool to work on- project. Now, after some time, I started something I've been dreaming about for a looong time: to convert the three possible Khorne Lords on juggernaut that would look both awesome and be competitive in a game of 40K: those with a sigil of corruption and weapon loudouts of respectively Power Fist + Lighting Claw; Murder Sword; and Axe of Blind Fury. All three would look awesome, give me some excellent conversion opportunities, and possibly make KrautScientist let me off the hook, Khorne-fix-wise. ;)

So here's the first guy. I've opted for a bare head, mostly because a Khornate bunny helmet would interfere too much with the Khorne symbol representing the SoC. His powerfist will ultimately be holding a chain that will run through the ring on the collar of the juggernaut. What do you think so far? Mind you, he's completely bluetacked.

Again, sorry for the less-than satisfactory pictures. They get across what I'm aiming at, but it does look like WIP pics will need a tripod in the future.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsggo6ztvu.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsniwhynbd.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsr1bk26fg.jpg

Thanks for looking! Feedback most welcome, btw. You guys really help me focus on a project, and have shown in the past to be a great source of inspiration. So please don't spare your critique.

Replies:

@Teetengee: Thanks buddy! About the fluid: it being the same colour as the nruglings it's flowing from is because I intended the nurglings to be slowly decomposing on the cart - ie the ooze is part of those very same nurlgings :)

@ShVagYer: I know right? 40K is crazy, and I hoped this mini would convey that craziness ;)

@Aasfresser: DUUUDE I'm so sorry I haven't thanked you in the credits. I will in the near future, as I am planning to put one of those awesome backpacks on one of my Khornate lords too. :tu:

@kizzdougs: Cheers! The tentacle was made with greenstuffindustries' tentacle maker, which despite being slightly overused in the past couple of years and as such have become a little clotted with GS residue, still works admirably :tu:

@The Hydra: Proto Chaos? Please explain? You're 30K or considering doing Chaos in 40K?

@Flint13: I think that's what the name is trying to convey, so kudo's to The Psycho for coming up with it. Haha nurglings as little gross puppies - I totes get that. I guess their intelligence level is the same? 

@Quixus: No. No SLaanesh for me. At least not for a while. I haven;t known Forté logn enough for that.

@MrBear: Cheers! And it was easy: they all have the same basecoat of Elf Flesh, with different colours GW washes straight out of the pot over each individual nrugling. I was amazed by how easy it was. 

@Vel'Cona: I guess nurglings are people too? Come in different shades and sizes. They're still gross puppies though. 

@the Psycho: PM me your address and it will be so ;)

@Ovidius INcertus: I first did an all over drybrush of VGC Grey Black, and then a light drybrush on the top-most raised areas using VMA Barley grey. :tu:

@Midnight Runner: Thanks buddy! Glad as ever you commented! It keeps me going!