++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

@The Hydra: Proto Chaos? Please explain? You're 30K or considering doing Chaos in 40K?

I've settled on 30k Death Guard, but one that is walking the path towards the Chaos Legion they are to become.

I love the new guy, pose is great. I may have been playing to much Witcher III but what do you think about adding a few severed head trophies to the back left side?

And so it begins.

Wow, seriously great work on the first jugger lord, mate! I wasn't sold on the weapons combo, initially, until I realised you chose it for its in-game effectiveness. Fair enough. While a fist and claw setup still seems a little hokey to me, you've certainly managed to make the most of it. What a brilliantly imposing guy! Can't wait to see the other two ;)

That tentacle on the Harbinger of Decay is disgusting, looks like a giant worm. Good job! Love the Nurgling arrangement and how you've differentiated them with colour. If they were all the same it could just look like a dull mass. The whole idea is an inventive one for a palanquin.

Not a fan of the bare head on the Juggerlord to be honest. How about a Skullcrusher helm shorn of the bunny ears?

The head looks sombre. Whether that is good or bad is entirely up to you. (perhaps more appropriate for a swordlord since that guy has to be more selective with targets?)
The torso seems to be listing to his right a little, but I imagine that is due to the bluetack.

Good start.

And so it begins.

...and gets immediately side tracked. Seriously, I've never been this hobby butterfly-y in my life. I'd love to paint me some Khornate characters, put some backpacks on the AoS berzerkers and use them in 40K, start painting my second helblade and/or dreadclaw assault pod, and many other chaos-y things.

But most of all I want to paint Imperial Fists. Yes, I want to paint loyalist scum. I even bought the new Codex Space Marines and wrote a 1250 point Gladius Strike Force list. Why 1250? because that's the tournament size we use in my local shop. It's composed of this:

Battle Demi Company

Lord Captain on bike with Artificer armour, Power Fist, Storm Shield

Chosen Command squad on bikes with 2 Storm Shields, and apothecary and two grav guns.

3x 5 CSM Tactical Marines with meltagun and combi-melta in a drop pod

3 Raptors Assault Marines on bikes with grav guns and an attack bike with Multi Melta

5 Havocs Devastators with 4 lascannons

Suppression Force

3 Whirlwinds

1 Land Speeder with Multimelta

So yeah... lots of vehicles Chaos can´t have. Lots of bolters and bikes, lots of anti armour. I might even expand it with another Demi-Company and make all 5-man squads into ten man squads... This is the army I'm going to really, really, really get right from the start. And fully commit to doing each and every one with highlights, shades, get all the iconography right with transfers, battle damage, weathering, the whole shh-bang. I already bought a loyalist tactical squad box from GW last Friday and built all. of. them. on Sunday, into two of the tactical squads. Pics of that tomoprrow, for I'd like your opinions on this tester I made with all the loyalist bits I had before I bought the tac squad. Mind you, I didn't have access to transfers back then, so I tried to freehand the markings and chapter symbol.

What do you think?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsii4aisnl.jpg

Hidden Content

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsskdqn3xz.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsnbutlgqs.jpg

The idea is obviously to make the army represent the fifth company, so that I can retain the cool heresy style black shoulder pad trim. The only deviation I plan on doing is to paint the assault marines (including those on bikes) with black body armour and yellow helmets, backpacks, and shoulder pads. The bolters will be only slightly redder than as shown above, as will the aquila's on the chests and such. Pouches and holsters will be brown instead of red most likely. Either gold or silver will be used on the extra armour trim of MkIII shoulder pads, I'm not sure yet which to use. Also, the yellow on the shoulder pads needs to be brighter. I'm on that. :wink:

So, that's it. I have to say I am super excited to do a loyalist force, even though my heart will remain chaotic (also, I still have tons and tons of Chaos stuff I still want to add to my collection, so there's that).

Anyway! I hope you like this! Feedback more than welcome, everyone! Seriously, you guys and gals have been so awesome with tips, criticism, and feedback in the past, so I hope you'll support me with this army too and make this a sort of community inspired army.

Replies about the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut:

@Leviathus: Cheers! I'm glad you caught that, as I was really trying to make the giant fists look rider-y. :wink:

@Kurama: thanks buddy! I have, but I won't be using it. It just doesn't seem like a practical thing on a giant daemonic steed...

@The Hydra: Not to worry! Heads and skulls will be featured aplenty.

@TheReaper17: Thanks mate! :smile.:

@KrautScientist: Are you mad at me for going loyalist? It's only for a little while. I swear. The Khornate trio will be finished, plus I have all the Khornate AoS mini's to paint. Plus a butt-load of berzerkers... About the weapons loadout on the khorante guy - why would it seem hokey? :wink:

@Sockwithaticket: Yeah the intent was to make it look all Urutsukedoji (or however you spell that movie title). I'll consider your jugger helmet sans bunny ears idea...

@Teetengee: Haha your reasons for the sombre look on a Khornate sword guy is as flawless as it is hilarious. Torso tilt is indeed bluetac. :thumbsup:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Not something I was expecting, but that Fist looks great. I'm a big fan of the black trim, and your yellow is awesome. What sort of base are you going with?

Cool blades, Augustus. Khorne will be pleased.

Vallejo Game Colour is for airbrushing, is it not? Any grey-black equivalent for us skint brush-bound mortals?

Vallejo Game Air is designed for airbrushing. Doesn't stop you using a brush with it though ;)

I can safely say...I'm disappointed in you, you traitor!

Still looks good though. One day you'll get some proper shadow in there though :P

Edited by Forté

Air brush paints are actually pretty good for the hand brush bound mortals. They are thinned down, so make painting easier than thicker and slightly gloopier brush paints :)

Air brush paints are actually pretty good for the hand brush bound mortals. They are thinned down, so make painting easier than thicker and slightly gloopier brush paints :)

How do you think I do my metallics now (Model Air) ;)

I still use gw paints, because they are the only ones I can reliably take offshore because they have no warning markings on them.

Do vallejo paints have any warning labels on them?

Tamiya acrylic black does..