++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Gappie!! Don't have any tips or advice but those turbines look way too big if you ask me..Something that scale should blast him in outer space in stead of jumping along and slashing up silly emperorbeliebers.

Edited by misterkho

Given his bulk, the thrusters actually strike me as quite realistically sized. Particularly if you are going to give him substantial legs (speaking of which, what are you planing for that?). Thick mechanical legs, perhaps reverse jointed, might look good.

As for the face, couldn't you dremel out the chin but leave the toothy faceplate as the upper jaw?

I think it might be a good idea to actually wait for the complete mockup of the model before finally deciding whether the turbines are too small, too big or just right. Making them smaller could always be achieved at a later date, for instance by losing the entire middle section.

As for the head, for what it's worth, I've done something similar with it on an older Khorgorath conversion, and I didn't even need a dremel to get rid of the ogre jaw.

731052_sm-Age%20Of%20Sigmar%2C%20Chaos%2

I'm so looking forward to that prince. And to be honest, I would leave the lower jaw as it is, just get rid of the hair. It looks nurgly enough and the guy seems to be a bit chubby anyways.

There were so many good suggestions from others so far, I really don't envy you for picking a decision :biggrin.:

Edited by Aasfresser

Alright, the overwhelming consensus among you that have given feedback and commented is that the turbines are way too big. So I shortened them yet (jet?) again. I've also created a mock up - which is blutacked together and lacks the defining source of movement: the giant censer he will be swinging from behind with his right hand. 

Here's pictures:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170721_005%202_zpsfhjbgycn.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170721_006%202_zps77nr0nie.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170721_007%202_zpszcosa24h.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170721_008%202_zpslv2ckgkd.jpg

Lemme know what you think. I'm actually glad I did this mock-up, as I am ow determined to make it into a daemon-like jump pack instead of a jetpack like thing. 

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Thanks! But nah, I'm going for the jump pack feel, not a jet pack, so those won't be necessary. 

@ Biohazard: Cheers. I'll be using some kind of jaws. Unfortunately the savage orc jaws are sold out everywhere I look. 

@ KrautScientist: Cheers, all good ideas, but I don't think an extended thing will be necessary. Thanks for lookign and commenting. :tu:

@ hushrong; Haha good on you - laps are good for the body and the soul. ;)

@ Thousand Eyes: I agree with the size. How about now?

@ Nemac Vradon: Cheers. Legas now attached and turbines slightly shortened. Whaddayafink?

@ misterkho: Gozert! Well technically he is from outer space. Also, thanks for closing my browser tab when I was still working on this post, so I had to rewrite everything. :p

@ BCK: Huh, I thought the pics of the turbines next to the body on the hobby cutting board with the cm squares behind it were enough to relate the size and scale. How about the size reduction?

@ Teetengee: I'll be using the standard Nurgle DP legs. 

@ KrautScientsit2: That korgorath siggestion was actually very valuable - I have that model somewhere and will be using it as a base for one of my three future Death Guard Helbrutes! Hurray!

@ Aasfresser: Cheers! 

@ Sagentus: DO it!

I think he is looking great, but a part of me can only see the turbines as guns. Mostly they look like the jet packs for the new raptors, but maybe because the tops were sourced from the forgefiend guns it is throwing me off. Are you planning on using organic or tech bits to connect the turbines to his back?

I think he is looking great, but a part of me can only see the turbines as guns. Mostly they look like the jet packs for the new raptors, but maybe because the tops were sourced from the forgefiend guns it is throwing me off. Are you planning on using organic or tech bits to connect the turbines to his back?

Cheers. I hope that once I clot the plasma coils with Nurgle GribbliesTM (a term coined by rednekkboss), it'll look more like a proper Jump Pack. I'm plannign to make a jump-pack-like middle section using mostly techy parts, but correupted with fleshy shenanigans. 

I think the stuby turbines work a lot better. I look forward to seeing the Nurgle GribbliesTM added.

As for converting a korgorath I have my eye on a few on eBay, will see if I can get one before next month or the month after challenge :)

Alright, the overwhelming consensus among you that have given feedback and commented is that the turbines are way too big. So I shortened them yet (jet?) again. I've also created a mock up - which is blutacked together and lacks the defining source of movement: the giant censer he will be swinging from behind with his right hand. 

Here's pictures:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170721_006%202_zps77nr0nie.jpg

Lemme know what you think. I'm actually glad I did this mock-up, as I am ow determined to make it into a daemon-like jump pack instead of a jetpack like thing. 

Cheers!

Pretty cool idea for a jump pack! :smile.: However, I think they still look a bit too much like guns. How about adding some stabiliser fins to the jets, for example the fins from the Warp Talon kit? Almost noone builds warp talons, they use raptors instead, so they should be readily available. 

Edited by GuitaRasmus

Engines look good..... Was wondering if a middle section which was in a similar style to the the Dark Imperium blight drone shell would look good on his back, with protruding cable/ tentacles boring into his back shiowing a symbiotic/ parasitic relationship between daemon prince and semi sentient jump pack 

Cheers for the feedback, everyone. 

I did some more work on the turbines: I glued on the exhausts, connected them both with a plasticard tube, and testfitted it to the torso of the DP. Also, I made a concoction that will be the lower part of the middle section. 

Some of you suggested that the turbines look too much like guns, but I really can't find myself in that point. The only thing that suggests 'gun' from those things is the muzzles in the 'mouths', which have been replaced by intakes, and the plasma coiling, which will be covered. I did some covering of the coils today, so have a looksee. If you still think that the turbines look like guns, we'll just have to agree to disagree. :)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170722_001_zpsivkvlrus.jpg

Mind you, in this picture the angle of the turbines versus the connecting tube looks way off. I don't know how, but it's totally the picture - in reality the things are lined up perfectly. :wacko.:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170722_002_zpsmumskgif.jpg

Here's a picture of the lower backpack part I made:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170722_004_zpstufdudlg.jpg

Let me know what you think!

I also stripped and rebased the last ten bloodletters today - so hopefully by the end of next week I have 40 bloodletters ready to cut down the enemies of Khorne! :)

Replies!

@ guardian31: Have a looksee!

@ Maarten: How about now?

@ Sagentus: Stubby indeed looks better :) I also started workign on the Korgorath - pictures tomorrow

@ Teetengee: Glad you agree! Do they convey backpack, now?

@ GuitaRasmus: Hey mate! Good to see you here - as a master converter, your feedback is much valued! I don't agree with your 'they look like guns' sentiment - but I really like the idea of adding fins. Maybe the warp talon things. I have plenty of those but don't really like the look, but will see how it jives. I do have some real fins from some space marine flyer somewhere... :) Thanks! 

@ Wolf_Priest_Dantay: Oooh that's a pretty big bit you're suggesting there. The width between the turbines is about as wide as a space marine backpack, so that'd probably not fit. I LOVE your idea of tentacles and tubes coming out of the jump pack and into the prince('s head) and have already started rolling greenstuff tubes. Cheers!

The only reason why they might look as guns is because people associate them with the Ectoplasm cannon, but the look fine in my opinion. The lower back pack was a good idea though, something as big as this will need a way to stabilize, and this bits of "realism" :P really make a lot for a model. He's looking great, and I'm sure that when the connection between turbines is covered he will improve a lot!

Looking good.

I know the blight drone would be too big. I just meant somethung similar. Mechanical yet organic in nature.

Almost like a snail shell or segmented armour plates such a Tyranids have

Sounds daft but maybe a thin tube from jet pack into a nostril. So he can inhale the toxic jet fumes