++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

The ETL IS HERE!

I Augustus b'Raass rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Death Guard and their Questor Traitoris allies, and vow to complete belowmentioned units of total value of 1046 on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

3x Death Guard Foetid Bloat Drone with Flesh Mower and Plague Probe 3x 136 = 408
3x Questor Traitoris Helverin with two Helverin Cannons and a Meltagun 3x187= 561
1x Death Guard Foul Blightspawn 77

Foetid Bloat Drones:

Hidden Content

3xphcmf.jpg

JyY3I87.jpg

Chaos Helverins

Hidden Content

1hBeSAu.jpg

Foul Blightspawn

Hidden Content
vKM20uR.jpg

HURRAY!

Replies:

@ Leviathus: Hi! Do yuo play Necromunda as well? 

@ Quixus: haha perhaps. Or start a Space Wolves army?

@ the emperor is scottish: Of course you will! 

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: haha that's what everyone in my group is saying. With the new rules to compensate for huge differences in gang rating, everyone has been raging about how they're going to kill my gang lol

@ Majkhel: 4D even! Not sure how I've created terrain where time flows, but I'll take the compliment :wink:

@ Closet Skeleton: Yeah 40K miniatures are based on the ROOL OF COOL

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Helverins cost 160 points base, 10 points each for Autocannons and IIRC 14 points each for meltaguns

A thanks, I forgot to delete that line asking for the points. I'd already found them. Meltaguns are 17. :) :tu:

• 4 weeks later...

I finally made it through your blog. :tongue.: But I notice that you have not posted in a while. :ohmy.:

I am loving the Necromunda scenery, also the throwback to the original 'Munda terrain. Good choice I must say! :biggrin.: I have quite a few of the old bulkheads lying around but I am not sure whether to use them in scenery or not, they look cool as but they are also rare as!!

"You don't stop gaming as you get older; you get older when you stop gaming." I love that quote! It also applies to computer games, of which I also still play. :biggrin.:

Edited by Aslomov

Cheers, Alsomov, for reawakening this thread - I admit I've been away for quite a while. Travels and earthly distractions (Necromunda) have all taken my attention away from the board. I've not been idle, though - my Escher Gang the Pantera Pixies are quite active and have grown to a monstrous reputation. I assure you a Khimerix with Move 7 and Nerves of Steel will rip through everything any gang can throw at it. But wait there's more. Here's some of the things that have been added to the gang....

First off, my Leader, "Mad" Deana Kholeric. She's been rocking a stolen Delaque Flechette Pistol for ages now and I have not gone around to painting the miniature for it. She's also has the Uphive Raiments, which further led me to using the GSC miniature...
QsawV9e.jpg

Pretty nifty, wouldn't you agree?

Next up is Iris Ra. Iris wasn't really happy with the performance of her Bolter-Needler combi weapon so she decided to get a LASCANNON (with suspensor of course) from the trading Post....
cF8OIAx.jpg

Another Champion was added to the gang (bringing the total to four (4!)), and she's rocking a Plasma Gun and Whip (the whip is there just to make her look cool. I did pay the credits tjhough. WYSIWYG4lyf)
ESS0MFE.jpg

My ancient Juve Rosalia Shik - with her stolen Web Gauntlet - has also been given a hand flamer. Quite nasty now that she's Movement 8 (EIGHT!)
sfhPh1z.jpg

Lastly, I started a new campaign with other buddies who have gotten interested in Necromunda, and I'm recycling my original Mad Deanna miniature but changged her laspistol to a plasma pistol. Nasty!
YLhk4qh.jpg

That's it for now. I should really start my ETL vow....

Cheers!

@ Leviathus: Hey buddy! That's totally cool. Kill team is a bit too much like regular 40k for my tastes, but I can definitely see the appeal there, too!

@ Aslomov: Cheers, friend! You're totally right - I have been away. Life, you know? I'm really glad to hear that you like the munda terrain, though, and I present a video of a recent 

So happy to see you back at work, buddy, and those are some lovely Escher ladies! Mad Deana stands out, obviously, and I simply love her leopard print coat. I cannot shake the feeling she might have worked even better with dark skin, though...

Anyway, fantastic work, as usual! More please! :)

Good to see you posting and an ETL vow as well. 

The Escher additions are looking top notch. I was chatting with my mate who sculpted the new kits about how moving from making models that sit in massive armies to the small gangs where people apply so much care and attention must be really interesting for him I used your gang as an example and he was very impressed.

Looking forward to the ETL pictures. 

Cheers, guys  - and thank you for the warm welcome back! I have to say, the ETL is calling, but I fear that my time is much, much more limiting. I'm starting into a new position at work, and also have to make some preparations for a new visitor in Februari. I hope to be able to do something to the effect of this from then on:

tenor.gif

In any case, I will finish my first vow, but before I start, I have obligations towards my Necromunda Campaign buddies - whom I promised to be able to fill a 4'x4' board to the brim with industrial terrain. So here's the last couple of terrain pieces as a WIP. Unfortunately I ran out of The Fang spray paint cans - and they're OOP now. So I have to wait until my local GW store manager has swindled the last off his colleagues' stash for me. In the meantime, I paint what I can. If that's finished, I'll start my ETL vow.

oPwffqU.jpg

MiDhHO7.jpg

Preparing the above for the last spray of black to complete the hazard markings: 

Ru8O4jJ.jpg

And the last three platforms and a stairs set....

hRE9VQm.jpg

And three sets of containers.

2YxWVzc.jpg

Hope you like.

Cheers

Replies:

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Haha maybe! It's more likely that one represents the other in later (or earlier) years...

@ Sagentus: Cheers! Yeah it was originally painted red with the new contrasty paint, but I figured since the gang is called Pantera Pixies, It should be a leopard print... ;)

@ Atia: Booooo hissss! :D

@ guardian31: Whoop whoop! I'll start the ETL vow in a week or so, for sure. Problem is, I have three weeks of holiday abroad coming up. It's gonna be tight!

@ KrautScientist: Dark skin is not gonna happen, unfortunately! Not for any rascisty reasons, but I just don't like painting dark skin!

@ Mechanist: Wow that's great to hear! I'm honoured and super happy he likes my work :D :)!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! Phew, massive B&C burnout I'm having, I guess. I got bummed out by an altercation that happened at the beginning of the ETL, and I haven't really gotten the motivation back. The fact that my hobby time is so much more limited nowadays (house, work, baby in the works) and I prefer to actually play games in the limited time I have also doesn't help. :wink: So I guess I'll need to be realistic and throw the towel in the ring - I'm not finishing my ETL vow! 

I did get some work done on a new porject I started: my new Goliath gang. Aided with the fantastic new contrast paints, I was able to hash these guys out in three sessions of three hours each. Pretty decent timing, wouldn't you agree?

So here's my gang so far. Names are shamelessely pilfered from the early '90's comedy MST3K's running gag; The Nine Billion Names of Dave Ryder... So here goes:
SLAB BULKHEAD - Leader (combi-pistol, Power Axe, and Uphive Raiments)
RZTPBWH.jpg

BUTCH DEADLIFT - Champion (Bolter and Chainsword)

6FRdU8x.jpg

BOLT VANDERHUGE - Champion (Grenade Launcher with Smoke Grenades, Chainaxe)
yIAIQRB.jpg

BRICK HARDMEAT - Ganger (Grenade Launcher with Smoke Grenades)

AQKJ3WO.jpg

GRISTLE McTHORNBODY - Ganger (Bolter)

sAJLH73.jpg

HACK BLOWFIST - Ganger (Combat Shotgun)

HWjluBX.jpg

CRUNCH BUTTSTEAK - Ganger (Combat Shotgun)

SgNKTH2.jpg

RIP STEAKFACE - Ganger (Bolt Pistol, Chainaxe)
GsKstPP.jpg

DIRK HARDPEC - Zerker

GwFe4XA.jpg

And here's the whole gang. jHodvvA.jpg

Oh, I also finished the latest Escher Champion - now with a Heavy Bolter!

i5onQ7y.jpg

I hope you like them! Sorry about the ETL

Cheers

Replies:

@ Sagentus: Cheers, bud! The Scenery is pretty much finished and I think I have enough to fill two 3x3 tables, as well as a full on Zone Mortalis board now. It's pretty epic.

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks, mate! It's really just airbrush and acryllic markers though - very basic stuff.

@ teku: Hurray! :wink:

First off congrats on the baby! Your Goliath gang looks really nice, love the group shot. Are the Hack Blowfists twins or is one of the combat shotgun users meant to have a different name? I really like the heavy bolter Escher as well, she came out really well! Are you going to do a full gang shot for them again with the new members? Bummer about the ETL but that is understandable, you gotta do what makes you happy and with the time you have. 

@ Augustus I feel you on the ETL and general vibe. Sorry you had that happen. I'm 75% done my Mortarion and after this, I'm cutting out and playing a non-gw game for a while (HERESY!). Anyway, I really love the new gangers and the mystery science theare names are a great touch!

Oh wow, you live! They look great man. Is that Zerker a FW model or something? It looks bad ass.

I was hoping I'd start to see more Knights come out of your mad lab :(

BTW if you really want a kid you should have just said something, I've got plenty to spare.

Edited by DuskRaider

Loving the new Goliaths, especially the names. I'm a little sad that Dirk Hardpec isn't called "Biggs McLargehuge" though ;) :lol:

Sorry to hear about the ETL issues. I'm feeling the exhaustion with painting a bunch of my Dark Angels so quickly. Thankfully, I've been getting inspiration (and an Narrative Campaign I'm joining after it goes from Kill Team to 1k Zone Mortalis games) for my World Eaters to have a nice change of pace to a MUCH easier scheme to paint (#DrybrushMeansEasyMode) :lol:

Slight update. My new Necromunda Campaign - the Mokum Tunnel Wars (Mokum is the local name for my home town of Amsterdam) - is going strong and my Goliath are progressing wonderfully. My champion Slab Bulkhead has purchased himself a lovely Plasma Gun, and I got a Champion a Heavy Bolter. Of course, these had to be modelled, so hey-ho here we go!

The *NEW* Slab Bulkhead - now with Plasma Gun, (holstered combi-plasma pistol, and Power Axe:

kSE0T2B.jpg

The *NEW* Butch Deadlift - now with Heavy Bolter. I have to find a way to show his bolter and chainsword as well, but fear the mini will get a bit cluttered.... It was actually pretty easy fitting the BaC Heavy bolter on him. I used the arms for the stub cannon, chopped the hand holding the grip of a stub cannon for the right hand, and just used a space marine hand for the right hand holding the horizontal grip of the heavy bolter. Easy!Eaq0sbq.jpg

I hope you like them and welcome your feedback and comments!

Cheers

Replies:

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Yeah I assume you know what I'm talking about and what happened. I'm still perplexed at how incredibly poorly that was handled. Such a bummer. Anyway, I'm stoked that you caught the Mystery Science Theatre references! Looking forward to seeing your Morty done!

@ DuskRaider: 

http://media.giphy.com/media/EEfHb1gVOBF8k/giphy.gif

Indeed! The Zerker is an Artel W miniature called a Chem Fist Brute. It's a perfect Zerker for sure. They did a great job and GW should learn from them. The Knights are not a project I abandoned at all, but everything is going so slow regarding 40k for me at the moment. I will continue the Knight army - if only because I love the miniatures! I'm sorry and happy at the same time to see you have a go at the Valiant with Etsy resin parts. I got the same ones! Not sure about the torso extender though... I appreciate the offer of kids, but I think I'll have my hands full with just the one or two of my own!

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks, buddy! Glad you like them! 

@ Gederas: Hahaha yeah I thought about naming him Big McLargehuge for a while. I settled on Dirk Hardpec because I really dig that name and DAMN does the miniature have some pectorals. But I'm now actually inclined to rename him Bob Johnson! hahaha

The *NEW* Butch Deadlift - now with Heavy Bolter. I have to find a way to show his bolter and chainsword as well, but fear the mini will get a bit cluttered....

Why not fix the chainsword to the heavy bolter, as a bayonet? Keep a bolt PISTOL as a backup weapon, to save weight- he's still human, after all.