++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Man, compared to the whole First Claw month, my recent updates are kinda bad. Sorry about that, I'm just a little swamped in work ATM, so didn't have much hobby time. All I could manage this week up to now was putting my Chaos Hell Blade on a stick:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20150330_0011_zps0nxqx0fc.jpg

That's basically all I had time for. So I had to find some other way, which is usually to spend $£€.... And I did. Oh yesss. I did. I bought myself a Brass Scorpion. The most awesome vehicle in the entire 40K franchise. And totally dedicated to the blood god. Pretty soon this will be my hobby room:

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/1/14/18/anigif_enhanced-buzz-25221-1358206191-4.gif

Also, I traded a trygon tail, eight defiler legs, three terminators, and a soul grinder for a Typhon Heavy Siege tank. That'll be the first 1000 points for the upcoming ETL... :devil:

Replies:

@Atia: Thanks! Yes, she is pretty badass :)

@KrautScienist: You do? Pictures or it didn't happen, buddy. I still prefer a Van Gogh Bluegreen Oil Paint with White Spirit for verdigris...

@Lord Haelim Lev: I'm not sure about that model for Deltrian, mate. I read up on Deltrian and I imagine him to be a lot taller, thinner, and less human than that Skitarri sergeant.  ;)

@Teetengee: I will, for sure. The belly will have the same colour as her boobs. 

Also, I traded a trygon tail, eight defiler legs, three terminators, and a soul grinder for a Typhon Heavy Siege tank. That'll be the first 1000 points for the upcoming ETL... :devil:

i wonder how much points that trygon tail counts as:tongue.:

looking forward to the scorpion and hellblade :tu: what colour scheme did you plan for the flyer?

@Dragonlover: Thanks for the tip mate. Not to worry: I'm going to pin the living crap out of the legs. ;)

@Kriegsmacht: Cheers! I'm looking forward to building and painting the beast.

@Wicced: Hehe not too much, they're generally available for around $10 I think? The Helblade will be just my regular Night Lords. Why? :)

@Wicced: Hehe not too much, they're generally available for around $10 I think? The Helblade will be just my regular Night Lords. Why? :smile.:

just checking if you're drifting from midnight torture tours towards the crimson path.

looking forward to the midnight clad Hellblade :tu:

Your First Claw look awesome together mate, you have really knocked them out of the park individually, but they tie really well together as a squad too. Massive kudos matey! 

Loving the fiends too, I am so tempted by them and have flirted with them a couple of times as Flesh Hounds, I look forward to seeing where you go with them.

Equally, I look forward to the Hell Blade and the Big Brass Bad Bwwwwoy :thumbsup:

With only two weeks to go for the final deadline of the Augustus' Arena event, I'd better get a move on with my Hell Blade, the second unit I was challenged to build, paint and base. 

I'm still waiting for a package of ruins to arrive via mail, so I can start working on the base, but I already started on the base colours. 

Tonight I did the blue, the lighting and the gold. I ran out of Army Painter Strong Tone, so I have to call it quits for now...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/2015-04-06%2021.42.08_zpsjxskize1.jpg

Hope you like.

Replies:

@SalvationOfReason: Yeah mate, those miniatures are amazing. Although I'm definitely not going to use the robed guy, as his robes look way too much like the Harlequin's to me. I might hae to sculpt them myself... :tu:

@sockwithaticket: The Brass Scorpion will be Khornate, for sure. There's pictures of a Night Lords Brass Scorpion to be found on the web, and to me it just looks wrong. Not that it doesn't look cool, but the scorpion is just too much of a daemon engine for me to be fluffy for the Night Lords. They're chaotic (at least mine are), for sure, but they're not that far fown the rabbit hole. ;)

@Wicced: Well, I'm kinda building a World Eaters force. Fluff wise, I'm just incorporating them by thinking of a Khornate Warband joining the 47th Armada in hopes of slaughter. The 47th allows them because their daemonic engines are perfect for sowing fear during sieges. :)

@Midnight Runner: Cheers mate, yeah they came together nicely indeed! Thanks! I hope to finish the scorpion in the ETL 

:drool: I love the lightning so much. The Hellblade chassis has really given you a wonderful canvas to work on.

I'd like to see the Scorpion in NL colours (googled the one you mentioned and I think it looks pretty good), but, like you, I've always thought of the NL more as renegades and traitors than heretics who've fully thrown their lot in with the ruinous powers and demon stuff.

Did more of the metalwork. Drybrushed the gold with leadbelcher and washed the other metal parts with AP Dark Tone. Also, test-fitted and glued the cockpit windows to the cockpit armature. It's currently drenched in Tamiya Clear Red and drying...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/2015-04-07%2023.27.55_zpspmk96gaf.jpg

Cheers! Hope you like. :)

Replies:

@Midian: CHeers man, They came out well :)

@Midnight Runner: Haha thanks MR!

@sockwithaticket: It is! The hell blade has some nice surfaces to work with. I ordered me another one too. (For 115 points and 6 TL S7 rending shots, rerolling 1 to pen, these babies are the perfect flyer killers :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished my first helblade. Awesome model, but kind of a paint to assemble. Especially the cockpit canopy is so flimsy I couldn't get it in the right shape, because every time I used hot water for one side, the other side would warp too.... Oh well :smile.:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/2015-04-172012.05.13_zpsx5kvhawf.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/2015-04-172012.05.05_zpsjs8vrwld.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/2015-04-172012.04.36_zpstgdzpwt0.jpg

Hope you like!!

Replies!

@Atia: Thanks girl! There's one more to go, but that'll be for the ETL!

@thamier: Cheers! Yeah with some airbrushed opaque light blue behind the almost white background,t hat is indeed the best combo for lightning. :)

Another fantastic model and paintwork, excellent base too.

Did you get tempted to bring the mounting out of the side of the pillar, so that there is less rod?  Although probably best avoided as it might twist too easily with the weight of the model.

With the Arena event over and the ETL around the corner, I treated myself with another Khorne Berzerker. I used a knife from the wrathmongers kit, and some FW WE HH and 40k stuff. A pretty dynamic pose, which I love!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/Khorne%20Berzerker%2012_zpssq8kklww.jpg

Hope you like!

Replies:

@kizzdougs: thanks mate! Another one in the pipeline for the ETL :)

@Psykic_scribe: I tried that before with a heldrake and it makes for a less dynamic pose of the model itself, unfortunately. Normally I try to mask the rod within the buidling, but this time I couldn't make that work with the cork base. Goes to show I need to plan ahead!

@Atia:CHeers, girl!

@ShVagYer: it is! Man, they absolutely destroy other flyers. A good thing they can't hover too, as then they would've been totally OP.:smile.: