++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Hmm, I somehow wish I hadn't given you all those golden nuggets of advice, because now your 'zerkers actually look way cooler than my own o_O

Seriously, though: You're too kind! And those models are amazing, as expected. Don't just blow your entire load of bitz yet, though, because a care package is on its way from the blasted plains of Jhermani to the Hive Slums of Amsterdam :wink:

Oh, one small thing, though: Make sure to swap in a different head or two: Great as those Skullcrusher helmets are, they also seem a bit "expressionless", for lack of a better word. And you'll have to include at least one bareheaded guy -- don't worry, though: I've got you covered ;)

EDIT: Must-see update on the prior page!

Edited by KrautScientist

Thanks guys for the encouragement. Today I did some work on a third berzerker.

Indeed, the MkIII armoured legs add that little bit of -as oldschoolsoviet called it- hulking brutality to the berzerkers. Unfortunately I only have tons of these right-foot-in-front running leg pairs:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/WP_20150115_006_zps0a6d165a.jpg

And only one of the left-foot-in-front running leg pairs. The reason for this is that FW sold the original MkIII set with two poses, namely 3-2 mix of running and standing legs, while the more recent 'Legion' MkIII set has five different poses, only one of which is running. 

So, I decided to try and repose the right-foot-in-front runners. This is my first attempt.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/KhorneBerzerker4_zpsbc84b78c.jpg

Thoughts? Feedback really welcome!

Replies:

@KrautScientist: haha you're totally right. My OCD mind wants uniformity, while my chaotic heart wants CHAOS! So the guy above got a different head. I'm looking forward to receiving the FW World Eater chaos kit though. AND to you care package...

@Tarvick: Cheers buddy! I totally agree those heads look awesome. I might buy a box of the skullcrushers and just use them as bikers...

@Midnight Runner: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!! indeed. :D

@oldschoolsoviet: I know right? I love those MkIII legs. They just convey this unstoppable force kind of things. I've used them on all my heavy weapon guys too. Take a looksee in my showcase here, here , and especially here for those. :) 

That looks pretty sweet!

Just a little change in position did wonders for making him look more unique. It makes it look like he's lunging forward to bury that chain axe in some poor bastard. 

Plus that tabard is the business. 

Edited by Flint13

I'm gonna be honest here, man... this is the first time I haven't been blown away by your work.

I'm not even sure how this guy is supposed to be moving with his legs and torso in this position. The left leg needs have the shin and foot separated and repositioned, twisting the shin to the figure's left(our right, looking at the middle photo), and the foot rotated until it sits flat. Almost the same thing needs to be done with the right leg, twisting it more to his left and repositioning the foot.

Ha! Well, thanks for your honesty!

I was wondering if I should retake the picture because he was skewed a little to the right when I took the picture. But as that was more a positioning issue than about pose, I let it go. But then I read you comment and took a better look. And you're totally right. So I fixed it. I sawed through his knee-joint and through his ankle and reposed them using superglue and some 1:1 mix of milliput and grey stuff.

What do you think of it now? Thanks for keeping me sharp :tu:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/WP_20150116_014_zpsfe97d307.jpg

Another Khorne Berzerker. The legs where made from reposed classic MkIII running legs.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/KhorneBerzerker5_zps65c39d18.jpg

Hope you like, C&C welcome :smile.:

Replies!

@Teetengee:  The intent is that he's lunging, he's just made a step forward, his axe is half-way through the swing, so he still needs some forward momentum- hence the right foot, with which he will momentarily push off. :wink:

@Argent aquila: Cheers. A very thin hobby saw does wonders. 

@Chaplain Cage: He's till lunging :wink: Thanks again for the feedback. 

@Teetengee2: Nope, still forward momentum, just getting his balance off his right foot. :wink:

@Grizzly_bear: Thanks mate. The last couple of infantry dudes are World Eaters though. :biggrin.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

This latest one is absolutely stunning -- love the relatively relaxed - dare I say contemplative - pose, the choice of head and the dangling chain and skull! One thing that will probably only become important later: I'd suggest adding some gravel and other basing material around the Marine helmet, since characters only balanced on a curved helmet with one leg can end up looking slightly silly.

Anyway, these are shaping up into something very awesome! Great job!

Thanks guys! I finished the first two of the 'zerkers today. What do you think?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/Berzerker1_zps869cb0f8.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/Berzerker2_zps33de5be5.jpg

Replies:

@KrautScientist: Thanks for the encouragement and the advice (again). Will do with the gravel. :thumbsup:

@Forte: As is your painting, buddy.:wink:

@Lexington: Cheers mate - that face *is* kinda regal no?

@Noctem Cultor: Thanks NC, glad you like it :biggrin.:

EDIT: I now see the dreadful glare in the pics. Sorry about that. I'll invest in new daylight lamps for my lightbox - I broke my current lamps last week, hence the new photo-setup... Also: dat mold line... OUCH!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Excellent work on the first two models, but you should know me by now: I can get really picky when it comes to World Eaters ;)

- I know I actively lobbied for less Skullcrusher helmets, but due to the helmet swap, the first guy doesn't really read as a World Eater any longer -- or maybe it's just me? Anyway, for an ideal outcome, you should have added some bunny ears to the helmet -- but I realise that I am probably too critical here

- you may want to go a little easier on the glowing eyes, though -- especially if there are no eyes to speak of ;) I realise that you want to visually tie them together with your Lord of Skulls, but maybe the blunt visors of their helmet work better if less flashy?

Hmm, in hindsight this does seem pretty negative, even though the models are awesome -- I fear I may just be holding you to a higher standard now ;)