++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

The pinks and reds on the skin flap are awesome, though it looks a little alive, unless it was just taken from some unfortunate soul.

This is coming from a fine art background though, so I may be reaching too far. Still, stunning work.

Hey Aug, lovely builds! Always a pleasure to see some terminator love.
I especially like the Champion and the Standard bearer.

How big did the guy with extended Tartaros legs end up compared to others?

Wow, thanks for the many replies, everyone. I have not been idle. Wall of pics incoming.

"The Noble Savage"  - World Eater Dark Apostle
p2GrFf8.jpg

g38KS0t.jpg

I have also started work on the next Terminator, as I really have come to enjoy these guys. 
ARWcZVY.jpg

And, AND!!! My Tortuga Bay order finally came in so now I have these superbly sculpted truescale (primaris-sized) MkIII marine bodies to play with. So I've started on the first of the three squads in my army. I suppose I'll be selling the first squad, which is indeed based on primaris guys - but they're not up to my current standards of realism. Sad, but true. Anyway, here's a collage of the first two guys I created.
U89SDbW.jpg

40biFzV.jpg

Pretty nifty, wouldn't you agree? #bloodforthebloodgod etc.

I've also ordered one set each of running and standing poses of their MkV armour and MkII 'Space Gladiators' armour. Each armour type will feature in a squad, which will allow me to distinguish them from each other and incur me those bonus points for squad designations in competitive play tournaments. 

Onwards!!

Cheers.

Replies:

@ Sagentus: Hey buddy! Yeah he's going to be a doozy! However, he's far from finished, as of course there's going to have to be several more trophies on him - plus I would really like his head to change. I'll be sure to post a couple more WIP pics when I get round to him. Not if. When.

@ Dantay VI: Thanks and YES: you are absolutely right. I'll be sure to change that for the next one and then at the same time redo this guy. Thanks for the great feedback! :tu:

@ Bear79: Hey man, and welcome to the thread, I don't think you've commented here before, have you? Thanks for that, and please keep it up, because comments keep this thread going. :)

@ Mechanist: Cheers bud and YES oh god it is so frustratic. It's like: the base I made for my first venomcrawler is LEAGUES behind what I'm doing with my bases now - do I go back and  change it up?

@ Juggernut: Hey buddy! Thank you for commenting. I don't remember ever having answered a comment of yours on this thread, so welcome! Also, I really like your name! :D

@ arowsperch: Welcome to the thread, buddy! Wow, many new people here suddenly - that's so cool! The skin flap is indeed meant to be a fresh one - something I think shows my heritage as a Night Lords player.

@ Majkhel: Ha! Thanks buddy! I appreciate it. I will be sure to make a picture of him standing next to his other two kin when I finish the third one (WIP shown in this post) and make a picture of them. 

@ Pearson73: Cheerio and yeah man, mixing armour types always makes for a ragged, unique look, which I quite enjoy. Stay tuned!

I really, really, really like the dark apostle. I think you did a great job making that type of character fit with your World Eaters.

What chain axe head are you using on the current squad with the Tortuga bodies? Aren’t those great? I also ordered a set; they’re awesome.

Looking forward to see the current batch of models completed. Whoever you sell the Primaris WE models to is going to be a happy camper.

Really good job on the latest models 

It's like: the base I made for my first venomcrawler is LEAGUES behind what I'm doing with my bases now - do I go back and  change it up?

Having scanned back to look at the venom crawler and other older models I can see what you mean. I think it'll boil down to how much fielding them together annoys you compared to the time it'll take to update the older models.

If it's a matter of just updating the paint on it or do you want a more extensive update with the additional rocks?

For me I'll live with my Dakka jet for now and probably update it once the rest of the army is up to scratch. But then I've a fair few orks I want to try and update as part of that process too. If I'm going to be honest buying new models is probably more likely and adding to the room of shame :whistling:

Finished the third terminator  and did some more MkIII Berzerker conversions.

First up, the finished terminator.

a4ppFWc.jpg

9CjP6ti.jpg

I will say that I'll probably replace his left shoulder pad for that of a recast World Eater cataphractii shoulder pad. I have revisited my attitude towards recasts and think that it should be ok to buy and use recasts of things that are out of production. 

So now that I have three, here's a picture of them together - and @Majkhel - now you see how well the guy with the elongated Tartaros legs scales to the others. PRetty well, no?
w1cScQL.jpg

In addition to the terminators, I did some more conversion work on two Khorne Berzerkers, using the truescale MkIII bodies that Tortuga Bay produces. 

First up is a musician. I really like the idea of a squad with a command group. Daemons have musicians next to their champions and icon bearers, so why can't Berzerkers?
6DRYpB2.jpg

Also, who doesn't love a ridiculous double-bladed chainaxe?

WzwQV5E.jpg

I hope you like them, welcome C&C and appreciate any questions or comments.  

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Shovellovin: Thanks! Yeah I really don't like the GW model - it's far too ridiculous and word bearer-y, while I think a World Eater Dark Apostle would function similarly to a chaplain in loyalist chapters. The chainaxe heads are from conversion world , and yes, tortuga bay bodies are fantastic. 

@ oldschoolsoviet: Hey buddy! Nice of you to drop by again! And yes, I agree - MkIII is the best and beefier MkIII is even better ;)

@ Bjord Firewalker: Thank you, mate!

@ Mechanist: It'd be a matter of just rebasing him - they're somewhat attached to the base thanks to the piece of rubble, but that'd be a simple matter of cutting that connection and pinning in new ones. 

@ Sherrypie: Thanks! Yeah - a good acting trope is if you want to look menacing - DON'T move. So the less dynamic poses actually make them look more awesome. 

Dam Aug! those 3 Termis look epic, I would say the 1st one could probably do with a bit more weathering, but thats nit picking. 

These next 2 berserkers look ace! loving the double chain Axe!!! ... you have given me an idea with attaching the chain swords to their backs :devil: i got loads left from my mk III sets lol 

Great work as always, but really digging those Mk3 guys! Is the handle of the two-headed axe supposed to be that curved?

Always angry, hate twitches.... No wonder their weapons are sometimes weird looking

Terminators look great together! Indeed the one based on the Tartaros legs is well done. Pity that original Tartators armour is still so very small.

I have to say that I'm not convinced with the brown cloak on the Apostle - it's kinda.... indistinct I guess? I'd make it red (admittedly I might be biased here :tongue.: ) or at least glaze some red over it. Or perhaps grey-blueish? The mace and flames are awesome though :biggrin.:
Tortuga-based builds look great. I agree that making a musician is a fantastic touch :thumbsup:

Edited by Majkhel

Build another terminator. 

PaQAMzj.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers

Replies:
@ BCK: Cheers buddy! It's funny that you say that, because literally EVERY reply I got on other socials was about the curvature of the haft of that axe. It's caused by the fact that the original weapon that that haft belonged to is the bat'leth kinda weaon for the champion in the blood warriors kit and the haft just has that curve. Also:
31uRHs5.png

@ Sagentus: I agree! I will get back to him for sure and post comparison pics. And go for it - the MkIII strapped chainswords are a godsend. 

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks!

@ Jukkiz: Yeah man, that's right it! Have I seen you one this thread before? If not - welcome! :D

@ Markus_: Cheers! Yeah I try to make post synchronous, but I don't always make it...

@ Xin Ceithan: Chers buddy! I'm glad you like it!

@ Mejkhel: Yeah the tartaros legs are a bit small - but that's no problem if you know how to lengthen them ;) About the colour of the cloak: it's meant to be indistinct. This guy just wears a cloak, and the cloak is made from aged leather. That's it. World Eaters aren't too flashy. :tu: 

@ BadgersinHills: Thank you!