++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Aaaaan done!

2kHBZYV.jpg

Bu0c9W7.jpg

In the end I decided against that particular head (mainly because I had already put that head on the Tartaros guy) and used a stock CSM Terminator one). I also switched the direction of his gaze around. Unfortunately I wasn't completely sold on this but had already glued it on and was afraid to do more damage then it was worth, so I ran with it. I also finally got my WE Cataphractii pads in, so he got one of those. :smile.:

Let me know what you think. 

Also, and I should have led with this, holy crap, guys and gals: 7.5 years of posting, 6000 replies, over a million views. This thread has been the cornerstone of my hobby this past decade. I've grown as a hobbyist and as a person, and have met quite a few regulars of this thread in person, actually. It's been a wonderful experience and all I can say is thank you. 
Je5des1.jpg

Cheers

Replies:

@ Sherrypie: No-one really knows, but also: what World Eater would really care? :biggrin.:

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Maybe - or I'll just name him Harry. No reason. :wink: 

@ acrowserch: Yeah they're pretty neat!

@ Paladin7221: I thought it was he was called into service on his way to the gym, and he's now angry because he's forced to skip leg day. :wink:

@ Lucerne: Hey buddy: Haven't seen you post on this thread before: welcome. The chain is 2mm. :thumbsup:

@ BadgersinHills: Thanks!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

No takers, eh? Well that's kinda ironic after a post where I thank everyone for commenting and taking this thread to 6000 comments and over 240 pages lol! :D

I guess I'll have to double post, then. Because there's updates to be made!

First up: I finished a MkIII berzerker!
cQjrB4m.jpg

snbqJsK.jpg

Lookit that bad boi runnnig towards you and craving your blood and skull! Isn't he lovely?

I've also done a metric ton of kitbashing and converting to come up with nearly a full squad of Khorne Berzerkers. So here's three more:

First up (or second, if you count that painted dude above), another guy with a BIG weapon. I count it as a regular chainsword, so to make him wysiwyg, I strapped a chainaxe to his back. Check him out
8oHJVI2.jpg

Then, the Champion of the litter, complete with the classic combo of Power Fist and Chainsword (the best weapon loadout since 2nd edition):
RgQb1QI.jpg

And last but not least, a duelist kinda character in the squad, which will just act as a regular dude. I love how well his 'come at me bro' pose worked out. He's also wysiwig with a chainaxe strapped to his back.
IZUaK8h.jpg

​Because of his wide stance I couldn't make his pics work in a collage of more than three, so you get a rear shot as well :)
l5H1rik.jpg

Boom baby! That's it. That's all I have for now. I hope it wasn't too dissapointing. I will see you here again. Until then, take it ea-

Cheers

Replies:

NONE! Because you cheap bastards didn't reply to my previous post! ;) 

Well for what it’s worth I like seeing the World Eaters Cataphractii pad. And that heavy chainsword is the business, so keep mixing in that heresy stuff.

I am not really up to speed with the current codex but the old berserkers kit seems to want you to choose between chainaxe and chainsword. Your guys have the right idea, BOTH OF COURSE! (messily decapitating the arming serf for trying to palm them off with just one).

Love the big chainsword guy, and then rest of course.

My favorite details are the skulls with GS on them, and the skulls on the power packs. Do you just drill through the skull and put brass rod into it? Or is it two different pieces of rod? 

<grumpy> :tongue.: Perhaps you just made us speechless? :D

Still, lovely heretics! You went pretty strongly with greens on that last one and I'd say it's a good thing.
Also really nice overall beaten feel but made in classic vibrant old-hammer colours :thumbsup:

Edited by Majkhel

Cheers everyone!

I finished the last guy of the full squad of eight - the icon bearer!

sffhTHH.jpg

I hope you like him. 

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Lamebeard: Oh the whole theme of the army is heresy, so wooooo! About the weapon combo: from 3rd onward there was no difference ruleswise between a chainsword and a chainaxe - they were just close combart weapons. Since 8th, you want both a chainaxe for the additional strength and ditch the pistol (because that thing can only do damage once(in the shooting fase))  for a chainsword because that does an additional attack (in the fight fase) - and berzerkers fight twice with it. And since 9th, astartes chainswords have -1 AP, so it has become even more of a no-brainer. Plus axe and sword look cooler.

@ Bjorn Firewalker: CHeers, buddy!

@ acrowsperch: Thanks and yeah it's a complete drill-through. How I do them can be found in this tutorial from 5 years ago - I feel old!

@ Commissar Necroa: Cheers - yeah space marines have so much potential - it's why I love 'm!

@ Majkhel: hahaha perhaps? Thanks and yeah, I agree that the more green, orange, and rusty details, the more depth it gives the paint job.

@ Juggernut: haha cheers - Kill or be killed!

@ Sagentus: Woooooo thank you buddy! Glad we're buddies across media now :)

@ Sherrypie: Ooof, the painted force stands: 2 Venomcrawlers, 4 Terminators, 1 Khorne Berzerker, 1 Exalted Champion, 1 Dark apostle. I don't count the 5 finished havocs because they're no longer in the list, nor the 10 primaris-based Khorne Berzerkers, because I am redoing that squad in Tortuga Bay MkII plate and selling the primaris berzerkers.

@ Shovellovin: Well the two-handed chainsword just counts as a normal chainsword - plus he has a chainaxe strapped to his back so he's wysiwyg in optimal format. The power fist is for the Berzerker champion. The champions of the other two squads get dual Lightning Claws. The group shot has to wait until they're finished, but you can see them in their unpainted glory here.

@ Mechanist: Thank you! I can but try ;) 

Cheers, you two! 

I've finished the Red Butcher Terminator Champion!

DcWtLQx.jpg

OVPGmHw.jpg

THere he is!

Sadly, I now realize I haven't painted the blood on his claws or on the fresh flesh loincloth... Crap!

I'll do that and show you the real finished result later.

Cheers

Replies:

@ Gederas: Hey man, welcome back! And thank you for the kind words.

@ Cadmus Tyro: Thanks for the heads up - I did already knew and have even already ordered a squad of them! :D THey're awesome. 

Nice work on the terminator champion. He looks as if he is basking in the glory of Khorne after slaughtering many foes. Is that model created from Zhufor?

Hey mate, cheers! I think your question deseves a longer answer then I generally give in the reply section of my posts, so here goes the parts list:

FW Zuhfor's legs

FW Red Butcher body (cut from legs, and dremeled to form a cavity upwards into in the chest (to fit the Zuhfor legs pin) and to remove the helmet and to form a cavity to fit the

GW Chaos Terminator head 

GW Abaddon trophy rack with a

GW SkullCrusher tilt shield (not an original but a pressmold)

GW Cataphractii lightning claws

FW World Eater Cataphractii Shoulder pads   

Citadel Skulls

2mm model chain

I hope this helps :) :tu:

Nice work on the terminator champion. He looks as if he is basking in the glory of Khorne after slaughtering many foes. Is that model created from Zhufor?

Hah, I'm totally getting the same vibe from him! Like he's on an arena. Should have A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E floating around his trophy rack :D

Good work Aug!

I've finished the Red Butcher Terminator Champion!

"Are you not entertained ?????"

Or more likely for an 'Eater:

"Was that it? Seriously, that's the best you could do?  * Exasperated sigh **  It's almost not worth the bother of killing you, you know that?t."

Edited by Paladin7221

"Are you not entertained ?????"

Ah, Maximus' (Russell Crowe's) line from Gladiator. The classics should always be appreciated for what they are.

Or more likely for an 'Eater:

"Was that it? Seriously, that's the best you could do? * Exasperated sigh ** It's almost not worth the bother of killing you, you know that?"

I doubt a World Eater will be this wordy. More likely will be one worded taunts, e.g., "Weakling!" "Pathetic!" "Die!"

I doubt a World Eater will be this wordy. More likely will be one worded taunts, e.g., "Weakling!" "Pathetic!" "Die!"

Meh, I figured after the nails quit howling, they're as lucid as anyone and more than you think.