++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Woop! Finished two more berzerkers: the Double-headed Chainaxe guy and the Musician - because if a berzerker squad can have a Standard Bearer and a Champion, why not a musician to create the holy trio of every command group?

Anyway, here's the double Chain axe guy!
Ye2MRWs.jpg

qPqkTOV.jpg

And here's the Musician - with a huntig horn. I've already figured out the single tune he knows: Raining Blood by Slayer
w1K1QVY.jpg

lshwnT6.jpg

In addition, I couldn't resist the urge to create another Contemptor. And because I'm a sucker for the gaming meta (remember my Imperial Fists - all of them where part of an overpowered late-7th edition Space Marine detachment, so when 8th dropped, they where useless and I sold them :D) I've armed him with dual twin Volkite Culverins.

wC8QLTD.jpg

CHOOOOOOOOOM!!!! 

He's not quite finished - I need to make the base thingies of his custom trophy rack a little bit sturdier, add greenstuff rope to the skulls to visually fasten them to the chain, and I have an idea to make his ' face'  look a little more chaotic.

In any case, stay tuned for more - I'm on a roll!

Also, I am selling my death guard army. I hope that linky is allowed (it's to my sales post in a popular facebook 40k sales group - Moderati please remove if inappropriate :) )

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Dwango: No. You must not resist temptation, for how else will you ever finish your chaos force?

@ Mechanist: hahaha "Is that the unit finished now?" - you don't know me well, I see!! There's going to be five more! :D

@ Majkhel: Yeah Like Gladiator! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

@ Sagentus: Thank you! I think you're very beast-like too! 

@ Paladin7221: Haha yeah exactly! That's where I got the inspiration from - I watched that movie again the other day. :)

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Well, the musician knows Slayer's 'Raining Blood', so I think the other guys in the squad can manage a sentence if the syntax isn't too involved ;) 

@ Paladin 7221: yes but the nails never quit howling! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo die

Again your posing on the contemptor dread is just oozing menace it's like Doom 2016 where the doom guy says nothing yet with simple arm and camera action you could tell from 1st person just how pissed off he is.

With officer Clegane finished each time I see him it reminds me of the policeman in riot gear and the paint scheme helps extenuate the raw aggression. 

The horn blower is good to though I think his face looks a little derpy, he might benefit from painting his eyes to bring some life into his face. Though that's only really noticeable when pictures are taken so close in and I'm sure in the plastic it may not be worth the effort (especially at table top distance) 

I agree: great posing on the Contemptor! Lovely added bitz too :D

Good to see another 2 Zerkers finished too! Merry band they are :D

I have to nitpick at the double-headed chainaxe guy, though: the bare arm doesn't blend well and looks "added". Perhaps if you could make the armour around it less pristine? Or if the arm itself got a little more shadow where it goes into the armour? Or both those things.
You see what I mean? The musician is much better in this regard.

Two more berzerkers finished! Just the champ, the icon bearer, and the eviscerator to do and I have a whole squad of five!

Yay!
kpqLbUf.jpg

4OZvZno.jpg

and the duelist guy with the shield - note that I have also added a bowie knife behind the shield. ;) 
M9wToti.jpg

w4Zi8Df.jpg

I hope you like them! Thanks for looking and I welcome your feedback. 

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Bjorn Firewalker: ha that's a good idea... I might do that!

@ Mechanist: Cheers man! Yeah posing Contemptors is something I looohoooove to do - I haven't played DOOM 2016 but I'll take your word for it. ;) The pic on the hornblower is not shoing his eyes well - I actually did paint them, but it's not coming through... 

@ Sherrypie: Thanks buddy! |

@ Majkhel: Haha a merry band indeed! I really agree with what you said about the naked arm  - thanks for saying that. I'll go back to him for sure. 

@ Xin Ceithan: Berzerker Bard is now his new name. Love it!

There are no words in the aeldari, tau, or gothic tongues for this treachery...

But I'm gonna try dammit.

This is a wet dream within a dream, within a lucid wet dream...

Just...

A truly GLORIOUS spectacle.

I jumped ahead for "HUUUUGE" 'zerkers and have been working my way backwards. I expected bigger and was momentarily let down, BUT this... This is phenomenal.

All notions of disappointment, shattered, dashed. Nay! EXPLODED WITH THE FORCE OF A COLLAPSING SUPER BLACK HOLE PROJECTING ITS DYING ENERGY OUT INTO AN INFINITE VOID AND BRINGING LIGHT AND LIFE TO AN EMPTY LIMITLESS SPACE!

(Catching breath.)

Whew...

I... I can't believe I'm going to say this, it's something I thought I'd never tell someone in this hobby, let alone on this forum:

It's ok. It's ok now. You can stop. You can rest. We're gonna be ok. We can handle it from here. You've done enough.

Although, if you're going to continue, I do have a challenge for you...

Turn one of these:

med_gallery_33718_16888_40241.jpg

(Or any of the available space marine figures.)

Into a skull taking, blood spilling madman of confused rage and power, bent on horrendously butchering everything before him that isn't wearing matching armour.

You sir. You. Win.

Hey guys, for effect, I'm answering Wulf Vengis comment first:

@ Wulf Fengis: Well thank you for that hilarious message and the kind words within, buddy! Also, I see your McFarlane macro-marine challenge and raise you by noticing that you apparently haven't scrolled back quite so far, because just eight pages back you'l see that I am way ahead of you! But you are right - I should really send an update about that. So here goes:

I bought some 3D printed upgrades for it recently, so he's now no longer armed with a chainsword and chainaxe, but with any of the following: Chainaxe, (dual) Lightning Claw, Power Fist, or Plasma Pistol. He's already primed too - he just needs paint. But because no-one here is bothering me about it, I haven't found the will or urge to actually paint him. Even though I should really do this, because HOLY CRAP GUYS it's going to be so cool!

hneBoZW.jpg

sx7AtOC.jpg

bd6l2RX.jpg

So.... there he is! Can I rest when he's finished, Wulf Vengis? ;) :D

In any case, I've been wating away my free time this week working on some dynamically posed terminators. Most of them aren't quite finished yet as there's a ton of greenstuff I'm still waiting on to dry before I can continue posing them. But I did finishe the build of one - and here he is!

azHgpzJ.jpg

fxh2XI0.jpg

"COME GIT SUM!!"

I hope you like him! Feedback welcome.

Also, cheers.

Replies:

@ juggernut: i know right? Shields are usually for whimps - but this guy seems to have made it work as an offensive weapon. ;)

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks! As always, buddy! I appreciate the continued comment support for this thread. 

@ Dragonlover + Sagentus: Thanks and dammnit, you guys are right. The truth is, he fell just before I went to town on him with powders - right in my bucket of firlthy airbrush cleaning water. His sword arm had broken off, and  -more infuriatingly- one of the three horns on his helmet. I couldn't find the horn, so I painted his helm as if it's just a bullet ding and glued his arm back. now I see his chainaxe also is broken. Thanks for pointing it out. It's an easy fix, luckily, so no worries there. 

I saw and read that post and it didn't click (in my head) what those were for, until i read your reply lol. I apologize and stand corrected.

Good sir, you may rest whenever you're ready. You are the Warhammer 40,000 winner.

haha thanks a lot man. :D No need AT ALL to apologize. Actually I should thank you, because thanks to your comment my enthusiasm to work on that McFarlane Berzerker has been stoked again! So thak, and thank you for the hilarious comments as well. You've genuinely given me many smiles since I read them. :D 

Another Red Butcher with combibolter and lightning claw for my World Eaters!

s3Tfore.jpg

AZHvRJd.jpg

He was a ton of fun to build. The torso is an old CSM torso back that I had left over from when I was doing First Claw in 2015, when I used only the fronts of CSM terminator torsos. I paired teh back now tihe a BloodWarrior chestpiece - which was surprisingly easy to do!  The legs are tartaros legs with both upper and lower legs elongnated with 1mm and 1.5mm thick washers and milliut. I used 1mm steel ball bearings for the plasteel bonding studs on his right leg. Took me a whole while to use that particular Lightning Claw as it's part of a pair that I collected an age ago to pair on a champion. Glad I did it in the end. 

What do you think? I welcome feedback!

Cheers! 

Replies: 

Oh the big berzerker is back and with those extra parts is looking amazing. You definitely need to get some painting done on him.

Oh no worries - he's getting done!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

I like the heavy-weight feel of this recent Red Butcher :thumbsup: 
I'm thinking if he wouldn't get even better if you were to push his breastplate just a little forward. He looks juuust a bit flat-chested. Stil a great build.

Are you using regular "metal" bearings or stainless?

Edited by Majkhel

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! 

I had a bit of a vacation, but I'm back and I have some terminators for your viewing pleasure. 

Here's the first, a Chaos Terminator with a Reaper Autocannon. I did a previous iteration of it with the autocannon bit pointing sideways, as the Tartaros patter reaper is presented on the sprue. But I wasn't satisfied so I reposed it massively - and lo and behold I was very glad to have raised his base as much as I did. 
KD5QOT4.jpg

VU8nXGO.jpg

Then there's this second (and for a long time, my the last, as I've pretty much build ten terminators now and I will never need more than ten. He's on another raised and askew leg position, with the mess of his groin hiden behind a loin cloth I purchased off some sketchy Russian Night Lords facebook group. :D
O33Towi.jpg

6ffH2AJ.jpg

That's it! That's all I have for now. I was massively inspired to create cultists during my vacation, so I've been messing about with those. I'll show what I did so far in the next post.

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Noctem Cultor: well, what can I say - I love peperoni! 

@ Majkhel: I agree his breat plate is a little flat, but he's build now and I can't change him anymore. But I agree with your feedback and will incorporate it in my next builds. IF they ever come. :D  Also, I am using stainless steel ball bearings, yes. They're a tad expensive, but I prefer them over glass or plastic micro beads as their size isn't as consistent as steel bearings. 

First time I've checked the thread for a few months, and those World Eaters look incredible! The white armour looks absolutely perfect, the big boi with the new parts you've ordered looks fantastic, and I do want to know how you made the Khorne symbol on his helmet, and those dynamic terminators are spot in in their posing.

Cheers, boys! 

I made me a champion for my World Eaters Khornate Cultists...

oF4XKyS.jpg

tOUwuFI.jpg

I had a lot of fun turning this iconic Nurglite miniature into something that could pass as Khornate. I envision him picking up the astartes shoulder plate after a battle and strapping it on his shoulder - I'm going to paint the pad as a worn Ultramarine pad, including a white ultramarines chapter symbol, with a red khornate rune painted over it. Wooooo

In addition, I made this cultist.
hAn9Mnc.jpg

6y4otam.jpg

I like his stance, but am not sure if he will make it in the suad - except maybe as the champion of the other squad. We'll see. What do you think?

Thanks for looking and commenting. 

Cheers

Replies:

@ Viridia: Hey man, welcome back. The Khornate Symbol on the McFarlane helmet is simply the Khornate crest from the Lord of Skulls! 

@ Majkhel: Haha thanks, buddy - I appreciate a good pun! ;)

Kitbashes look great!! 

Although it's a little hurtful that you're calling my conversions mere kitbashes, I am aware that over the years the distinct meaning of those words has become increasingly blurred due to erroneous interchangeable use by young 'uns, and so I'll take your comment as a compliment. :wink::tongue.:

Hidden Content
I'll show myself out. :biggrin.:
Edited by Augustus b'Raass