++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

• 3 weeks later...

REPOST after the warp sucked everything from the last 24 hrs away (thanks for the quick repair, Brother Argos!)

I finished my Gal Vorbak counts-as Spawn. More pictures, of all angles of each individual miniature, here in my showcase.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/WP_20150714_003_zpsomqg6ucd.jpg

Hope you like, and as always: C&C welcome!

Replies:

@Forté: Cheers, buddy!

@Tarvick: Thanks! Although lately I'm more into Khorne ;) Ah, the fickle seduction of chaos. ;) What do you think of the Gal-Spawn finished?

@TheRepaer17: Thank you, buddy! I hope the rest is also to your liking :)

@kizzdougs: Yeah, you've already read this, but it's worth stating again: I hope we can see some more of your Truescale First Claw soon. Perhaps the BL short stories by ADB will inspire you!

@Flint13: Haha thank you! Considering doing them too?

@Barabbas Sogalon: I like that you said that ;)

I've always been aware of this log and the high quality of your work, but I spent the quiet parts at work today reading through from the beginning, and it really brings home just how much you've completed and the level all of it has been produced at, and it's something you rightly should be very proud of. Always excited to see what's next!

Hey all, I finished the first unit in my third vow: the plague bearers.

More pics, with close-ups, HERE in my Showcase log. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/temporary_zpss83jzzo8.jpg

Hope you like. On to the Plague Drones. Damn, these models are awesome!

Replies:

@Dantioch: Haha well, Ive seen some Khornate Gal Vorbak, but I'm glad you like :)

@kobrakei:Thanks man, I'm so glad you took the trouble to look through it all and let me know. It's so awesome and humbling to have people say such things. Thank you!

@Xin Ceithan: true dat. But to be honest I'm kinda done with the Night Lords scheme for now. After two consecutive years of non-stop Night Lords and over 11500 points painted, I need something new. Daemons fill the void now. :)

Very neat for being Nurgle but I like them! It just shows that Nurgle 'things' doesn't have to be green and/or slimey. :thumbsup:

Dunno, they look pretty slimy to me!  Love all the work in here, but that Gal Vorbak squad are definitely in my top 3.  The highlighting is subtle and the subdued colors really make you concentrate to pick out the shading.  The minimalist metallic (or not at all, hard to tell) paint is a big bonus, too.

I finished the second unit in my thrid ETL IV vow today, as well as constructing the three Plague Drones.

Here's a pic of the finished bloodletter unit. More pics here in my Showcase, with closeups of all the individuals.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/temporary_zpsei3cpmga.jpg

As mentioned above, I also started building the Plague Drones, which are the last unit in my Third ETL IV vow. I have to say these models are an absolute pleasure to put together, in that it´s a very smart kit, and everything fits together very neatly. HOWEVER. The wings and the paws, although snuggly fitting in ball-and-socket fittings, are too heavy to just use plastic glue with. I had to break them off again and resort to pinning and filling small holes with putty. After that. they fit perfectly!

I'm still comntemplating if I will just use the normal flying bases, or that I will mount them on 60mm Monster Bases with a flying stem in them.... Any opinions?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsua1pwhvl.jpg

Thanks for looking, and as always: C&C most welcome. Seriously, it keeps me going guys and girls!

Replies:

@MrBear: I went for a very bruised/rotten kind of colouring on the skin, as I find green for Nurgle to be too boring. Glad you like them!

@Vel'Cona: Thanks you! I loved converting them, but have to admit I kindea started rushing the last three after I worked on the first two individually. I feel completely washed out after painting 11000+ points of Night Lords in the last 2,5 years. Glad you still like them though! :)

Heh, I've started skipping details on my recent projects, and I'm barely 4000 points into my 40k projects!  I don't blame you for "rushing" to get it done, but honestly I can't really tell which were rushed and which weren't!  :wink:

Heh, I've started skipping details on my recent projects, and I'm barely 4000 points into my 40k projects!  I don't blame you for "rushing" to get it done, but honestly I can't really tell which were rushed and which weren't!  :wink:

Haha it's why I photograph my models not quite up close and slightly overexpose them - it washes out all the little mistakes. I consider my regular paint quality as slightly above tabletop standard, but not quite expert. Not by a long shot. But seriously there´s soooo many mistakes and sloppishnesses that don´t quite show up in the way I photograph them! They look great from 20cm away, but no no, not closer :tu:

Just caught up on the last few pages of the thread. I know people tell you things like this all the time, but it's been a while since I have:

You're some kind of mad genius, dude. Your conversions are incredible, your vision is crystal-clear, and your painting does justice to the incredible level of thought you put into your projects. Don't ever stop being amazing. 

Just caught up on the last few pages of the thread. I know people tell you things like this all the time, but it's been a while since I have:

You're some kind of mad genius, dude. Your conversions are incredible, your vision is crystal-clear, and your painting does justice to the incredible level of thought you put into your projects. Don't ever stop being amazing. 

Wow. Man, thank you. You just made my day. :tu: And I've just come home from an incredible night out drinking! :D

^^Oh snap! :wink:

I finished the third and last unit in my third ETL IV vow the day before yesterday: the Plague Drones.

These where great to build and paint, although I do have to say it is preferable to pin the legs and the wings. I found this out a bit late, so I have to break them off again and redo the pinning and most of the assembly of the appendages. This unfortunately led to the drones of the icon bearer and the champion having two wings interchanged. I only found out they where different when I was well into painting them.... Whoopsie :biggrin.:

Of well, they still turned out pretty ok. I might have overdone the bruised skin on the drones a bit. More pics HERE in my Showcase Log.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/temporary_zpsdpy7mamp.jpg

Hope you like, and as always!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Mighty fine as always. I wouldn't say that the bruising is overdone though, it is a bit heavy but it gives them a nice look and makes them slightly different from their riders.

Oh my...

Gal vorbak-spawn: sexy paintjob and cool converting.

Nostraman lion: excellent use of those models, they fit really well!

Daemons: ace painting!

@MrBear: Ah thanks, I hadn't thought of it that way. I guess it is an unexpected bonus that they tone down the insect and place the plaguebearer in the main focus. :)

@Midnight Runner: Cheers, buddy!

@VelÇona: The intestines are just a light purple wash over the normal skin tone. When that is dry, a thinned down layer of BFTBG. Simple but very effective. :tu: 

@Iokkorex: Haha thanks a lot mate! Glad you ;like everything :)

Back to the spawn a minute, they look amazingly beast :D

Well done

Now onto the more recent things,

Those plague bearers and plague drones, they both look disgusting (in the good way :P ) and very nurgley

The blood letters look very pimp too

Just overall the paint job(s) are amazing and the quality is amazing too

Keep up the good work

My fourth ETL IV vow included Khârn. He's probably my favourite character in all of the 40K setting, and a classic, wonderful miniature, back from the good 'ol Jes goodwin days. He deserves a proper base. Also because he's a tad small compared to more modern marines. 

I worked on his base today (while the layers of washes were drying on the Bloodcrushers I was painting). Here's the result:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpshbwo366c.jpg

He has fourteen human skulls, one daemonic skull, three space marine helmets, two decapitated heads, a Khorne Berzerker helmet, and a Khornate icon on it. Yeah baby! ;)

Hope you like, and as always, feedback welcome. Thanks for looking :tu:

Reply: 

@TheReaper17: haha thanks man! I admit I wasn't aiming for a pimp look for the bloodletters, but hey, if you like it, than it's cool with me ;)