++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Quick everybody Augustus has posted something!

Great Bloat drones, they look nice and different despite all having flesh mowers. What an amazing game you would be having to feature all these (or all 6!).

So jealous of the no retreat event. It always looks amazing and the armies there were incredible I bet.

Good luck on the impending total change to your life. It's a steep learning curve for the first one!

Thanks a ton for the warm welcome back, everyone. Much appreciated - good to see everyone still posting as well. I went along and checked out a couple of my favourite threadsand was not dissapointed - although it kinda shocked me how my thread was still in the first page of my account's  'My content'-tab. It seems quiet here!

Anyway, I've gone and started the head honcho for my Death Guard - none other than the guy with the Scythe, aka Mortimus Prime, the Grand Booger, he-who-farts-a-lot, and so forth; Mortarion.

edbG2VP.jpg

And what a wonderful kit this is - wow! I've gone and build him is such a way that he's easiest to paint and then construct. I'm looking forward to doing his robes in red and having them flow over into green 'supporting' smoke at the bottom. Should be a thrill!

Wish me luck. 

PS no news on the baby front. Yesterday was the due date. On average, a first pregnancy's birth happens in the night of the third day after the due date. I really hope so, because that would give my son the most awesome birth date in the history of time: 02-02-2020. On the other hand, the wife is really fed up with this little :cusser headbutting her bladder and kicking her rib cage. Either way is good for me. ;) 

Cheers

Replies:

@ Gederas: I'm alive! Alive! ;) Yeah, it happens. 

@ DuskRaider: Thanks and my completed Knights all rest comfortably in their display cabinet - based and all. The other ones are either in their sprues or next. :p

@ Kolgrim DeathHowl: Thank you! Never seen you around these here parts. Welcome to my thread! I'm sorry if pictures in the earlier pages do not show properly, Photobucket is a pain in the ass. 

@ Majkhel: Thank you too, buddy!

@ teku: My pal from down under!! Thanks!

@ Atia: Cheers, gal! Glad to be back and finding most of you lot ready and waiting :)

@ Sagentus: Cheers for the well wishes mate, glad you like the drones!

@ rednekkboss: Hello my friend! I'm going to head over to your thread and see what's what right after I click 'Post' 

@ Krakendoomcool: hahaha thank you, you make me feel like a celeb! I guess you could all field them comfortably in a 2000 point game with poxwalker support maybe? Would be interesting for sure!

@ BCK: Thank you, BCK! Good to see you alive and kicking here, still, too! :)

Woot, Augs is back.

although it kinda shocked me how my thread was still in the first page of my account's  'My content'-tab. It seems quiet here!

Yes it has been at times but we now have Kraut painting Khorne again along with you Bio hazard back so I'm sure it wont stay that way.

Great to see the group shots and all 6 look fantastic together with the 3 new drones make a cracking addition. Excited to see you working on the big man.

Good luck with the family additions and I hope you get some chance to hobby once he comes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HE HAS SPAWNED A NURGLING!

Indeed. Commence dad jokes. It's been five weeks since my son Jules was born - and I even named him after the co-owner of the hobby shop that introduced me to the world of Games Workshop and Pen and Paper Roleplaying, back when I was a little 13 year old boy in 1993 - around the time of White Dwarf 163.

In any case, I'm not gonna share any pics of him but siffice it to say Dantay VI's pic above already became a reality several times. papa Nurgle be blessed.

I got my first day of hobby time yesterday and now that the green stuff is cured, I would like to share my Necromunda Mercator Sanguis Slaver Guild Entourage!

LU7EO6W.jpg

And here's pics of all four of its members:

Chain Lord (armed with Shock Whip and Chain Axe, Light Carapace, a biobooster and some stimms (which reminds me I still need to sculpt those last two items)
D8gGRo2.jpg

Shackleman (armed with a shock stave and a harpoon launcher with flak armour and a cult icon)
AVRNzPB.jpg

and two Pit Fighters (both armed with chain glaives)
sczHg38.jpg

y9XEgyl.jpg

These were fun to make! 

Let me know what you think please. :)

Now I'm on to creating the Nautican Syphoning Delegation for the Water Guild. Should be interesting to build the Subnautican.... :D

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Replies:

@ Sagentus: Sadly, Jules wasn't born that day, but it spared me from having to name him Bob or Otto or some other foolish palyndrome name. ;)

@ Mechanist: Hopefully the old gang will find the time to post here - it'd be a shame if the board was out-competed by some modern thing like instagram....

@ rednekkboss: Yeah... Morty. I'm still wiating for replacement parts for my airbrush. Some things have just worn out over time...

@ Dantay VI: Your premonitions have proven faithfull, or filthy one. :(

Cheers, gang.

I did some more work on the Slave Guilders after some comments I got on Facebook. For starters, they had a distinct lack of oaths of moment / purity seals on them, but there's a couple things that needed work.

First up is teh chain lord, which according to the rules has a bio booster. I sculpted it by adding a device to his belt with a tube going into his belly and a button below it. Press it and BOOM BABY! Bios boosted. ;)
2P1iBiX.jpg

I did some greenstuff work on the handle of the Pit Fighter's chain glaive
YPR7e0o.jpg

Some Oaths of Moment added to the other pit fighter - to give him a sense of momentum (no pun intended)

5e6ojxL.jpg

And finally, the most extensive rework was done on the Shackleman. I didn't like his harpoon in his harpoon gun, so I changed it up for the grabby bit from the Unmade kit. Also, I gave him some extra shackles and the required Shock Stave.
F3osSYT.jpg

I hope you like the new work!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Grotsmasha: Thank you, for both! :D

@ KrautScientist: Helloooo and welcome again, buddy! Why the (?!) behind ' Tweaked Bloodstoker'? Whatchamean?

@ Gederas: Cheerio!

Looks awesome. I love the bio booster detail, it’s suitably gross for a Necromunda character. Also think you made a good call swapping the harpoon for the grabby bit on the shackleman’s gun, it looks great.

Loving these slave guilder guys, can I ask where the resin heads are from? The greenstuff belly and biobooster are particularly impressive mate :tu:

I look forward to seeing the water guilders, having played against them before lock down can I just say with all there toxin weapons they were particularly nasty to my Goliaths !!!!

@ KrautScientist: Helloooo and welcome again, buddy! Why the (?!) behind ' Tweaked Bloodstoker'? Whatchamean?

Oh, that's because I wasn't really sure whether this guy had originally been a "Bloodstoker" or a "Bloodsecrator", and I was too lazy to look up which of GW's awfully overwrought names it was before commenting ;)

While I am already here, though: The longer I look at that lash on the Chain Lord, the more I feel that you should add something on the tips of that lash (where you snipped off all the little Khornate doodads), as it just seems slightly incomplete this way.

Keep up the amazing work, buddy, and stay healthy! ;)

Oh, that's because I wasn't really sure whether this guy had originally been a "Bloodstoker" or a "Bloodsecrator", and I was too lazy to look up which of GW's awfully overwrought names it was before commenting :wink:

While I am already here, though: The longer I look at that lash on the Chain Lord, the more I feel that you should add something on the tips of that lash (where you snipped off all the little Khornate doodads), as it just seems slightly incomplete this way.

Keep up the amazing work, buddy, and stay healthy! :wink:

Remember KSci: Bloodstoker has the whip to stoke the fires of rage, the Bloodsecrator is the one with the EKSBAWKSHUEG Icon :lol:

I'm in agreement though. The lash on the Chain Lord feels like it's missing something on the tips. Maybe some cruel barbed hooks?

Remember KSci: Bloodstoker has the whip to stoke the fires of rage, the Bloodsecrator is the one with the EKSBAWKSHUEG Icon :laugh.:

Dude, don't come up with justifications for their overwrought BS names -- you're just encouraging them ;)
Bah just call them as you see - the slaver is fat whip guy, bilepipers are bagpipes plaguebearers, chaos space marines are shooty bang bangs, havocs are shootier bang bangs...

On second thought maybe don't listen to me, this quarantine is making me go loopy.

Hurray, and the Slaver Entourage is finished!

Here's the group together in all their weird glory
LJ3WJP0.jpg

Chain Lord

j8sobLx.jpg

Shackleman

tqu26OV.jpg

Pit Fighter
HCxj1Tz.jpg

Pit Fighter

9NdAcV9.jpg

Love those contrast colours. They're not everything, but some drybrushing and an edge highlight here and there will make the job look fantastic. I was honestly being a tad lazy with the painting thechnique here and there, I admit, but with limited time and the ambition to do a cotery for all the guilds, I felt justified to cut some contrast corners here and there. mea Culpa

I do hope you like them! Thanks for looking, and your comments, as always.

Cheers

Replies:

@ K0nahrik: Thank you. It was a tad expensive to get that bit (I bought the entire Unmade kit for it) but hey, I get some good spare bits extra ;)

@ Doghouse: He lives! Wow, that has been a long time since we touched base. Thanks for the compliment :) It's funny, back in 2012 your thread about truescale was what got me into this board and which made the 'F*ck a Duck squad' possible, and I somehow still treat you as is I'm a fan and you're some rockstar. ;)

@ Morngrym: Well, thank you! I guess I was going for grimdark, so yay!

@ Mindightmare: The resin heads are from Maxmini and thanks! 

@ KrautScientist: I didn't do anything about the tips but painted them 'power' blue to suggest that the weapon is actually a shock whip. Satisfied? Stay heathly yourself, mate ;) Seriously though: I did contract Corona from my good friend and neighbour across the street who'se a GP and contracted it from a patient. The symptoms he and I have are very mild though - a bad cough, a bit of a mild head ache and some muscle aches. It kinda feels like a mild flu but with the cough. 

@ Gederas: What do you think of the blue power tips on the lash? Also, don;t encourage Krauty - GW naming is his pet peeve. ;)

@ Cryptix: I agree completely. Don't forget though: SM are good shooty bang bangs CSM are bad shooty bang bangs.