This week saw me having my first proper (so Sector Mechanicus) Necromunda game in almost two decades! It featured my Escher gang 'the Pantera Pixies" against my buddy Willem's nameless, faceless yet four-armed Genestealer Cult. Ups and downs for sure, among which the most prominent incidents:
- He flamed my Leader and a Ganger in turn one, the leaders survived, but the burning Ganger fell into a pit and was put out of action in the subsequent turn...
- His Grenade Launcher put one of my Champions out of her misery turn one - lost her first wound from the grenade and then knockback SPLAT against the wall!
- My wounded Leader (laspistol and Stilleto sword (so with a five attacks and a parry)) charged his Ganger who had a flesh wound. She missed everything, and was subsequently headbutted Out of Action by the single unarmed counter-attack! NOOOOO
- My shotgunner survived a charge and two rounds of combat against one of his gangers with a Pick, then proceeded to headbutt that ganger Out of Action - she then turned around and Acid Shot another one of his Autogun Gangers in the face - DEAD!.
- Although one of his Gangers survived two Gas attacks by my Chem-thrower, it was finally put out of action by my second Champion (using her bare fists!)
Pretty epic indeed. Here's some pictures of the battlefield:
It convinced me that MDF terrain is really the way to go. And even though this terrain sufficed and as it was cut by Willem's buddy on his MDF-printer, there was a wait for that (as everybody in the group wants it and he can only cut so many MDF in so much time...). So I couldn't constrain myself and bought a small fortune of MDF-terrain for both Sector Mechanicus and Zone Mortalis from TTCombat (https://ttcombat.com...industrial-hive):
So yeah, you can say I'm thoroughly hooked on Necromunda, as I was when I was but a teenager. My gang did far better now that most of it is painted, btw. Here's one of my champions (armed with a combibolter/needler, as well as not-bought yet Stiletto Knife and Autopistol):
Here's the last member of the gang that still need paint, my similarly armed other Champion (based on the Kira the Huntress FW Bounty Hunter)
My gang's rating, cash, and experienced had a major boost because of this battle, which I won, and so I'm thinking of adding some long range support. There's a couple interesting things I'd like, and I decided to build them.
First up is a Grenade Launcher, because let's face it: one of the best weapons in the game due to blast weapons with knockback. I love the FW head upgrade, so characterful.
Next up is a ganger with a long-las - which is a pretty decent weapon with a good range. Combine it with Photogoggles and some kind of sight, and she's dangerous indeed!
When I looked at the stats for the Long-las, I also noticed the autogun variant, which seemed slightly better. And since I have plenty of plastic gangsters left, I made one for her as well!
I'll keep you posted on the terrain when it gets in, I'm stoked to receive it and build it!
@ Gederas: Well, Juvenile delinquents can be 12?
@ Bjorn Firewalker: Well, if she dresses like any group she belongs to to blend in, then there's very little I can do to signify that my Escher miniature is her, right? Sorry mate, I'm just not feeling it. I don't know the manga, have no feeling for the character. I understand you do, but I simply don't so I don;t think this will happen....
@ teku: That's a good point. I am trading with a friend to acquire the Brettonian Jester head, so I can make an original Harley Quinn!
@ guardian31: Again, I realy don't see how I'm supposed to make an Escher miniature look like a character that dresses like her surroundings to blend in - then, I can say that literally any of my miniatures is 'her'.