++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

The *NEW* Butch Deadlift - now with Heavy Bolter. I have to find a way to show his bolter and chainsword as well, but fear the mini will get a bit cluttered....

Why not fix the chainsword to the heavy bolter, as a bayonet? Keep a bolt PISTOL as a backup weapon, to save weight- he's still human, after all.

That is a good idea, actually. Although I am now wondering if it is even allowed, seeing as HBs take up two slots... Crap. I should have gotten him Bulging Biceps maybe..

Beautiful work as always!

Nice job on Bulkhead's left arm, I've been meaning to try that myself someday. I get the feeling that marine shoulder pads might make it a bit tricky though:)

Thanks! It's a Chaos Marauder pauldron, though. SM pauldrons are just a little too big. You might consider the SM scout shoulder pad that comes with the SM scout heavy bolter kit though!

It's always great to see you alive and kicking, buddy! I hope life's been treating you well, in spite of everything!

Sad news about that ETL vow, but mostly because I was really looking forward to some sweet new Knights from you! ;) But it makes no sense to try and force it if you're not feeling it. On a more positive note, those Necromunda models are looking excellent: Just a few bitz have managed to make those Goliaths look suitably custom. Did you paint them using Contrast Paints, perchance?

Really like the Escher heavy, by the way! Is that a stock (FW) head or did you convert it yourself?

Also,

Just because I'm nosy, what's that altercation you referred to? Feel free to answer via PM!

• 1 month later...

Herrooooo. I thought I'd peek in here again now that the ETL dust has settled and I will no longer be haunted by my breaking a vow and causing the CSM forum to lose. Had I contributed as much as last year, we would have won. Oh well. I recognize my failure and will be sure to correct it. But not in any ETL soon, because next year I will be rolling in diapers around the ETL - so I'll be having even less time and energy for painting. 

No, I think my serious 40K-days have finally gone. Luckily, I have a new game - Necromunda. It's been giving me what I've been craving for a while now: plenty converting and painting opportunity in the grimdarkness of the 40K universe, at a smaller scale than my 40K output has been over the years - and considering I've painted well over 40000 points of 40k since I've started posting in this thread, I can honestly say I have earned my due and can take a step back to appreciate the smaller things in life.

So. Necromunda. Lots of support for it from GW. Lots of support for it by the community. Skirmish games. Good enough rules. RPG-element. Cool setting. To me it ticks all the right boxes.

The book of Peril has introduced Guilds to the game. I'm planning on converting and painting the representative parties fro all of them. My Escher gang The Pantera Pixies have sadly had to retire since they grew to a staggering 3870 points and no-one wanted to play me anymore. Also that group was bleeding dry a bit - there were only two or three regular opponents and they still wanted to continue the turf war, while I found a new group willing to do a proper campaign with territories. So I started a new Escher Gang; the Jagged Jezebels.

So far the Jezebels are doing ok, they're somewhere in the middle tier of an eight players group. The top dog by far is a guy with all kinds of Smoke Grnades, Photo Goggles, and Choke Grenades shot through Grenade Launchers. It's scary. Everyone is investing in Photo Goggles to counter him, but I don't want to spend 350 credits on a counter to a single gang so I'm investing in Respirators. I've also realized that Master Crafted Lasguns are only 10 points for Escher, and for another 20 they'll have hotshot packs. So for 30 credits I can get a S4 Ap-1 D1 AR4+ weapon with a +1 to hit on 18" and a reroll to hit. That's pretty good. 

Anyway. The first cycle is almost done. We're going into the second cycle soon, and we'll be able to introduce the Guilds. I'm planning on joining the Corpse Guild - because they're cool and they fit the death theme of my gang. Also they're pretty good at keeping my girls alive. So I went along and bought some miniatures to convert them from and went to work and this is what I have.

1nZTuR8.jpg

From left to right: Corpse Grinder; Pale Consort; Bone Scrivener; Corpse Grinder.

Detail shots!
D92K9c7.jpg

cDgUYWJ.jpg

ewQ57gZ.jpg

bMXmOCL.jpg

And done! Now to paint them. 

Also, I'll be heading to NO RETREAT 8 in two weeks. Very exciting stuff. 

Here's the announcement banner. I'm the non-pirate Dutch guy. 

Hidden Content

VZJbM7I.jpg

They even got us custom event shirts woooooo

Hidden Content

K5peV0l.jpg

It's funny how I picked the name Augustus because it means 'exalted' in Latin and is now the 8th month of the year and 8 is the number of Khorne and it is now on my :censored: woooooo! 

I hope you like them!

Replies:

@ KrautScientist: The Knights will come, don't worry. I have three Armigers, two normal ones and one of the new plastic big ones lined up. They'll be my next project besides Necromunda.. 

@ Mechanist: That is a good name for an Ambot. Especially because I thought that name so ridiculous I didn't think I could pull it off as an actual name for a living being. But a Cyborg will have an artificial name so it's all good.

@ ranulf the revenant: Hey buddy! Welcome to the thread - I'm pleased you liked it so much. Thanks for commenting. :smile.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

That's funny, I was just about to PM you when I got out of work.

Corpse Guild, eh? Do these have actual rules? They look really awesome! Yet again, that Nurgle Champion comes in handy.

Yep, you can find their rules within The Book of Peril :)

That's funny, I was just about to PM you when I got out of work.

Corpse Guild, eh? Do these have actual rules? They look really awesome! Yet again, that Nurgle Champion comes in handy.

Yep, you can find their rules within The Book of Peril :)

Hmmmmmm... sounds like an interesting cover for a Nurgle Cult...

Love the look of the Corpse Guild dudes. I'd be totally up for doing Necromunda if anyone in my local group was interested in playing it. Because stuff like this? Brilliant

Also:

I thought I'd peek in here again now that the ETL dust has settled and I will no longer be haunted by my breaking a vow and causing the CSM forum to lose. Had I contributed as much as last year, we would have won. Oh well. I recognize my failure and will be sure to correct it. But not in any ETL soon, because next year I will be rolling in diapers around the ETL - so I'll be having even less time and energy for painting.

Don't worry. Next year I'll be starting my Night Lords in earnest and I'll be picking up the slack for you. :tu: I might not be as energetic as you in getting people hyped, but I'm definitely gonna contribute to the ETL. With some BIG vows.

Edited by Gederas

Great to have you back here with us, buddy, and those Corpse Guild members are already looking mighty promising! I also cannot help pointing out how these, more than any of your previous models, are basically just a hair's breadth away from the wonderful madness that is INQ28 -- just sayin'...

Anyway, I hope there'll be many more updated here soon! :)

Wow, thanks for the welcome back and the overwhelmingly positive feedback on the Corpse Guild Representatives, gal and guys! Much appreciated!

I've been doing a lot of kitbashing, converting, and painting the last two days. 

To start off, I build and painted a miniature to represent my Escher Gang the Jagged Jezebels leader "Mad" Deana Kholeric in Light Carapace Armour:

SbJWDEZ.jpg

Next up, a Goliath Champion with a Heavy Stubber:
Njovh9F.jpg

Not very impressive as it's just a standard build with some FW Goliath parts.

I'm a lot more pleased with these two Gliath Juves:

FHkxTvj.jpg

1BpVwMZ.jpg

They're fairly elaborate kitbashes: using Space Marine Scout legs and a Chaos Marauder body, I've added Goliath arms and heads (and a Beastmen Gor's arm with a flail). They're pretty nifty, and the gunfighter's stance is fricking wicked, IMHO!

And last but not least, two Hive Scum!
NDcaxSo.jpg

It's a GSC neophyte pair of legs with a WFB Empire Flagelant, a Chaos Marauder's head, and some GSC guns and a kitbashed flail from various kits. 

pLsmJXm.jpg

This is a Flagelant pair of legs with a GSC Neophyte body and arms, plus a Goliath head. Simple, weird, effective. :D

I hope you like them!

Cheers

Replies:

@ Freakshow668: Cheers! Yeah it's a fantastic game for sure. :)

@ Atia: Hey you! Better stay away from them, yeah. ;)

@ DuskRaider: I never got your PM! Do it! The Corpse Guild has actual rules, as Atia mentioned, in The Book of Peril. :) They might be a cover for a Nurgle Cult, indeed!

@ Gederas: Yeah! I'd ;love to see them for sure! Gonna look it up (or drop me a linky here)

@ KrautScientist: My favourite Eastern Neighbour! And you're totally right again: it feels like I'm dipping my toe into INQ28 with these, yeah :) What do you thing of the Hive Scum?

@ Viridia: That's a compliment I'll take! Thanks :D

@ rednekkboss: Chainsword on a stick = Chainglaive. Very good in Necromunda. ;) 

@ ElDuderino: Me? This is only my second usage of it. Others have done a lot more...

@ Castigator: Thanks, dude. It means a lot from someone of your legendary status! I'm painting them right now. 

@ Machine God: You're absolutely right. The Banners are jinxed though, as many of my previous banners seem to not work anymore. When they're fixed, I'll for sure don the banner of shame.... :(

Loving the new, and the newly completed, models Auggs. They look sweet.

Also:

@ Gederas: Yeah! I'd ;love to see them for sure! Gonna look it up (or drop me a linky here)

The start/motivator for my next year's ETL (and my new Chaos army) is here in my thread. Currently on my docket is the stuff I'm doing for Call of Chaos, as it's helping me get the colour-scheme down for my Night Lords.

As to the big things, check your messages :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

"Mad" Deana Kholeric looks epic! 

All the others are coming along brilliantly too, defo going to have a great looking gang 

Also, i recently listened to Soul Hunter audio book and i can see how it inspired your first claw and a lot of your nightlords stuff 

Edited by Sagentus